+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree545Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Re: Grey's Anatomy

Not happy about what happened. What a miserable episode all around. Can't anyone be happy anymore?

Talk about being stuck between a rock and a hard place - poor Owen was forced to lie to the two most important women in his life about Henry. I don't envy the repercussions he's about to face.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

FORT Fogey
    Hated tonight. It was all negative

Christina's arrogance rubbed me such a bad way I found it hard to have even an iota of sympathy for her. The Zoila story line I could take or leave as I didn't find it that believable in the first place and I could have lived without it altogether very happily.

The Callie thing was interesting but I didn't see much resolution there so then I got bored with that.

I don't think the negativity bothered me as much as the seemingly move towards not a whole lot. Teddy's husband story line.... well it's been done already and this show can't possibly be that hard up that they're recycling story lines already can they?

I'm mad. Seriously. First Denny and now Henry. Any character outside of the main characters that I end up loving, end up dying. And we dont' get a new episode next week so we don't get to see the fallout for at least 2 weeks. Grrr....What ticks me off the most is that Teddy always seemed so stern and cold and with Henry...she was warm and fuzzy and really likable. Bleh.
    cantstopwatchin likes this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    I'm mad. Seriously. First Denny and now Henry. Any character outside of the main characters that I end up loving, end up dying. And we dont' get a new episode next week so we don't get to see the fallout for at least 2 weeks. Grrr....What ticks me off the most is that Teddy always seemed so stern and cold and with Henry...she was warm and fuzzy and really likable. Bleh.
    I bet it's more like 3 weeks, since Thanksgiving is in 2 weeks.

My cable box is out, so I didn't get to see tonight's episode and, after reading a recap and the comments here, I don't think I'll watch. I stopped watching the show after about season 4 and got back into it last season. Now I may be done with it again. This show used to have a sense of humor. Now it's just a big downer.

I can't believe Shonda killed Henry.

I just checked imdb and there isn't a new episode scheduled until December 8th.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

December 8th? Grrrr....Shonda really left us hanging. With Teddy and with Alex and Meredith.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

I occasionally catch re-runs of the older seasons on tv on the weekends and I agree before it was more light harded with the occasional heavy moment inserted which was fine for me. But now it just seems like one heavy moment after another or one epic tragedy after another. I could believe one or two over all in the lives of these doctors but one every few weeks? I'm having a hard time dealing with that. To a point it's desensitized me to it because they're always on the brink of death now so it's not an emotional experience for me anymore when it happens.

I wish they didn't kill off Henry as he added some relief to what is otherwise a really overly serious show now.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    December 8th? Grrrr....Shonda really left us hanging. With Teddy and with Alex and Meredith.
    OMG, after the ambulance was hit, I asked DH why the heck isn't anyone knocking on their door to see if they're okay? Never in a million years did I think we'd be seeing that scene when they climbed out! Just horrible!

Teddy is going to freak out. The last real conversation she had with Henry was criticizing his decision to try med school. I wouldn't want that as my last memory.

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos View Post
    Christina's arrogance rubbed me such a bad way I found it hard to have even an iota of sympathy for her.
    Causingchaos, I felt the exact same way during the surgery but then I realized that this is the "real Christina" and they wanted her to act normally without knowing who Henry was (a decision I still question). Would I have been so invested in the outcome of that surgery if I didn't know who the patient was? When she told Owen that the patient was dead before they even cut him open, that was the truth - blunt and callous as it seemed - but that's b/c we knew who the patient was and she didn't. When Owen told her the truth, her reaction had me in tears. Now she will always question her actions that day when, really, she did everything she could.

This is another of their "grey area" situations - if they'd told Christina, would it really have made a difference? It's just like Merideth's helping Adelle and Izzie helping Denny. A different choice could have had a far different outcome. I think we're going to see major fallout from this decision. I just hope Christina doesn't lose her confidence again - it was nice to have cocky Christina Yang back.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

FORT Fogey

George, Denny, Henry -- all the sweet, loving, non-edgy guys are doomed on this show! I don't even remember now what was wrong with Henry in the first place? Was it something to do with diabetes? How did everything go so wrong with him?

FORT Fogey

I was really surprised to read the comments about last night's episode - I LOVED it! I thought it was one of the best episodes they have done in a long long time. Yes, it was filled with a lot of down storylines, but I thought the way they narrated it, talking about how a day like that makes you wish for what you usually call a bad day was so true. I really liked Henry's character, and i"m sorry to see him go. But I guess it didn't really shock me, because from the time they introduced him, I've been expecting him to die. He even made a comment last night about what his wife should expect given she married a chronically ill man. I think what i liked so much about the show last night was that it showed just how real the demands that doctors face to put life aside and do their work can be. Teddy was worried about her husband and wanted to be with him. But when she was faced with a dying woman who needed her skills, she had to put it aside and work. Meredith was devestated by the loss of her daughter, but had to put that aside to take care of an infant, including taking that baby away from the mother who so desparately wanted to be with her. Owen had to put his friendship with Teddy aside and lie in order to provide the best care for Teddy's patient. Doctors don't always get to put work on hold when life interrupts, and I thought they did a great job of showing that.
    Duxxy, mustang03gt and Coco46 like this.

+ Reply to Thread