+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree665Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Re: Grey's Anatomy

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    Maybe he is bored but isn't this exactly what every actor wants? To be highly recognizable, make oodles of money and have "star" status? I remember him as a geeky doofus guy in "Can't Buy me Love" movie in 1987.
    Loved that movie, esp him but who would have thought he'd be McDreamy?
    I was crazy over him for about 2 minutes and then on one of the early episodes, he was in the hospital and made this comment that sounded like he was a little mouse. He came off as quite whimpy in that scene and I could never get it back for him. I also got turned off with all the adultery stuff. In a way, I'm glad I don't like him so much. I reserve that for Don Draper on Mad Men. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I was crazy over him for about 2 minutes and then on one of the early episodes, he was in the hospital and made this comment that sounded like he was a little mouse. He came off as quite whimpy in that scene and I could never get it back for him. I also got turned off with all the adultery stuff. In a way, I'm glad I don't like him so much. I reserve that for Don Draper on Mad Men. LOL
    I definitely understand the attraction to Don Draper but he sure isn't a man with morals!! At least McDreamy was separated from his wife. Sorta.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    Maybe he is bored but isn't this exactly what every actor wants? To be highly recognizable, make oodles of money and have "star" status? I remember him as a geeky doofus guy in "Can't Buy me Love" movie in 1987.
    Loved that movie, esp him but who would have thought he'd be McDreamy?
    I think what many actors want is to be challenged and, by virtue of the business they're in, they don't play the same role for very long. Many actors have a bit of gypsy in them, ie, they like the variety. Derek can't be a very exciting character to play. I don't think all actors do want to be highly recognizable stars. Some just want to be working actors who get to play a variety of interesting roles.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Tonight's the night everyone. Can't wait. I probably won't watch the whole thing b/c I'm in bed before 10, but it will be DVRd
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Woot! Can't wait, hope it's good!!!

I'll be watching. I must admit that I have gotten very used to recording and then watching later. That way I can ff through the commercials! It's difficult for me to sit through and watch a show the regular way now. LOL

I saw a preview yesterday of someone that passed out in the OR. Who was it?

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I'll be watching. I must admit that I have gotten very used to recording and then watching later. That way I can ff through the commercials! It's difficult for me to sit through and watch a show the regular way now. LOL

I saw a preview yesterday of someone that passed out in the OR. Who was it?
    I saw that preview too, it was Alex Karev. I thought he was on his way to take the job in Africa?

If Meredith has been fired, how will this effect it being Grey's Anatomy? Will there be another Izzy type situation and she will be let back into her job?
    Yup, with donuts!!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Loved the show tonight!!! Very well done, writers!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Almost missed the show tonight, thank goodness for my obsessive channel changing during commercials.

There was a lot going on but I agree that the show was great! I'm most interested in how Yang and Hunt's storyline plays out.

+ Reply to Thread