+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree758Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Re: Grey's Anatomy

Yes, Meredith really messed up. Derek had every right to be angry and disappointed with her. Knowing how close she is to the whole issue of Alzheimers and possibly even carrying the gene herself, she probably should not even have gotten involved. Nevertheless, I could understand why she did it and Derek was wrong to say or imply that she would be a bad mother because she didn't know the difference between right and wrong. My mother always told me from the time I was young that the world does not only exist in shades of black and white and that there is a lot of 'gray' out there. I think that applies here. Yes, she was wrong and yes, she should be sanctioned. Derek's study was invalidated but it's Meredith's career on the line, and not his. He should be furious, yes, but to walk out? I don't think so. JMO

Yeah, has Derrick really changed over the years? I recall soon after he came on the show. He and his wife Addison came to the hospital's so called "Prom" party. He ended up having sex with Meredith in a side room. I found that really wrong IMO. Now that's when they should have have the right vs. wrong conversation. Instead they thought it was kind of cute. I didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Yeah, has Derrick really changed over the years? I recall soon after he came on the show. He and his wife Addison came to the hospital's so called "Prom" party. He ended up having sex with Meredith in a side room. I found that really wrong IMO. Now that's when they should have have the right vs. wrong conversation. Instead they thought it was kind of cute. I didn't.

How about the entire affair with Meredith while he was married...and he neglected to tell her that he was still hitched. The whole thing was pretty wrong.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Drug studies can be harsh but are necessary to get new drugs approved. My husband just came off of a drug study for Parkinson's disease. In the first stage it was a double blind study where neither the doctor or the patient knows whether he is getting the drug or a placebo.....(we were pretty sure by the results that he got a placebo)....the second phase was an open study with him knowing what he was getting and them measuring the effectiveness and/or side effects. Now that he is finished the open part of the study he is no longer able to take the experimental drug and must take conventional medication. That is disappointing because the experimental drug was far superior but now we have to wait for it to go through governmental approval and be put on the market. At any time he could have opted out of the study and received conventional treatment.
    Choices are the hinges of destiny.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Yes, Meredith really messed up. Derek had every right to be angry and disappointed with her. Knowing how close she is to the whole issue of Alzheimers and possibly even carrying the gene herself, she probably should not even have gotten involved. Nevertheless, I could understand why she did it and Derek was wrong to say or imply that she would be a bad mother because she didn't know the difference between right and wrong. My mother always told me from the time I was young that the world does not only exist in shades of black and white and that there is a lot of 'gray' out there. I think that applies here. Yes, she was wrong and yes, she should be sanctioned. Derek's study was invalidated but it's Meredith's career on the line, and not his. He should be furious, yes, but to walk out? I don't think so. JMO
    I totally agree with you. I don't think that it was right for Derek to walk out on Meredith, even though we know that she did something wrong.
    Remember that you only live once, and if you do it just right, once is just enough.

BE the change you wish to see in the world. - M. Gandhi

I think both Meredith and Derek have questionable morals at this point. He's being a bit sanctimonious, especially considering that he was married to someone else for quite a bit of their relationship. I can understand his frustration with Meredith since, if his study would have been successful, it very well might have helped Meredith down the line, but I also think he needs to get off his high horse.

I'm not sure what to think about Owen and Cristina. In MY world, if a guy that looks like Kevin McKidd (even without the accent!) wants to marry you and have lots of babies you do it! Plus, ITA with the comments about her using birth control. Yes, no method of birth control is 100%, but she must be fertile Myrtle if she's using it and has gotten pregnant TWICE. Honestly, while I really do love Sandra Oh, Cristina has always been a fairly unlikeable character. She's selfish, self-centered and largely unconcerned with the feelings or lives of most other people in the world, unless they need some difficult surgery that can further her career. Whatever happens, I hope that KM stays on the show. I'd miss him.

Also, I have to say over Teddy finally admitting she has feelings for Henry! I only hope this means they both stick around and that he doesn't die in some Izzy/Denny redux storyline. I LOVE Scott Foley and I think he and Kim Raver have great chemistry.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Also, I have to say over Teddy finally admitting she has feelings for Henry! I only hope this means they both stick around and that he doesn't die in some Izzy/Denny redux storyline. I LOVE Scott Foley and I think he and Kim Raver have great chemistry.
    Oh, I absolutely agree! I've been waiting for her to come to her senses.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Cristina has always been a fairly unlikeable character. She's selfish, self-centered and largely unconcerned with the feelings or lives of most other people in the world, unless they need some difficult surgery that can further her career. Whatever happens, I hope that KM stays on the show. I'd miss him.

What I love most about Christina is that she's never pretended to be anyone other than who she is. Yes, she can be a cold fish but everyone knows that and accepts that about her. For years, the only storyline I saw impeding her surgical career was if she were to get pregnant. The only reason it didn't happen sooner was b/c of her breakdown after the shooting...but I don't blame her for how she feels - she's never said anything other than not wanting children. Owen fell into that "I know I can change him/her" pitfall and he's the only person to blame for that, IMO. He shouldn't have kicked her out for continuing to voice the opinion she's always told him she had. OTOH, if I were Christina and becoming pregnant had already happened to me once, I would've made sure my man was double-shrinkwrapped and I was using 3 kinds of birth control before engaging in any sort of hankie pankie.

I agree with what you wrote re: Kim Raver & Scott Foley's chemistry. Theirs is the only "love story" that's fun to watch. Everyone else has seemed like a train wreck this season. I hope we'll see more good things to come with these two - they've completely underutilized Kim since she came to the show; I hope we'll see more of her next season!

I've been going back and forth on my feelings re: what Merideth did. On the one hand, yes, she screwed Derek's study and potentially ruined what could've been a help to millions of people, herself included. On the other, how could she not help Adele, knowing what her mother went through, what her mother did to Adele, and knowing what Richard would have to go through (again). I wonder if guilt played as much a role in her decision as wanting to help Adele. Derek needs to grow up. Life goes beyond just black and white...sometimes there are shades of grey.

I also wasn't happy with the Mark/Lexie conclusion. Mark finally grows up and "sets her free" and Lexie's okay with that? She's an idiot.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

ďI donít want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my painÖ It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.Ē - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'd still love to see Ray Stephenson show up on this show as an old doctor friend of Kevin McKidd. He and McKidd played compadres in the HBO series, Rome, and they were extremely good together. I think he would be a good addition to the cast.

Plus, Stephenson is DELICIOUS!!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin View Post
    What I love most about Christina is that she's never pretended to be anyone other than who she is. Yes, she can be a cold fish but everyone knows that and accepts that about her. For years, the only storyline I saw impeding her surgical career was if she were to get pregnant. The only reason it didn't happen sooner was b/c of her breakdown after the shooting...but I don't blame her for how she feels - she's never said anything other than not wanting children. Owen fell into that "I know I can change him/her" pitfall and he's the only person to blame for that, IMO. He shouldn't have kicked her out for continuing to voice the opinion she's always told him she had. OTOH, if I were Christina and becoming pregnant had already happened to me once, I would've made sure my man was double-shrinkwrapped and I was using 3 kinds of birth control before engaging in any sort of hankie pankie.

I agree with what you wrote re: Kim Raver & Scott Foley's chemistry. Theirs is the only "love story" that's fun to watch. Everyone else has seemed like a train wreck this season. I hope we'll see more good things to come with these two - they've completely underutilized Kim since she came to the show; I hope we'll see more of her next season!

I've been going back and forth on my feelings re: what Merideth did. On the one hand, yes, she screwed Derek's study and potentially ruined what could've been a help to millions of people, herself included. On the other, how could she not help Adele, knowing what her mother went through, what her mother did to Adele, and knowing what Richard would have to go through (again). I wonder if guilt played as much a role in her decision as wanting to help Adele. Derek needs to grow up. Life goes beyond just black and white...sometimes there are shades of grey.

I also wasn't happy with the Mark/Lexie conclusion. Mark finally grows up and "sets her free" and Lexie's okay with that? She's an idiot.
    Just an FYI, I believe that is actually counterproductive---the 2 condoms abrade each other so breakage is more likely, not less. Or so I've been told by those who know these things. On the other hand, take a pill, Christina, AND use condoms---that should really protect anyone!

+ Reply to Thread