+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree545Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Re: Grey's Anatomy

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Every time I see Kevin McKidd, I think "Everything we are eating this evening, Colin has killed."

The show is 90 minutes off here in CA, but I'm looking forward to it.
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

Ok...I got it wrong...it was the guy who plays Jackson who said he has a terrible voice. Not Patrick. I'm assuming Patrick was in the same boat though.

On another note....I'm so thankful for DVR. With 10 minutes left in the episode, my son who turned 21 two days ago, called from the bowling alley where he is in a league. I guess his teammates plied him with alcohol all evening to celebrate his coming of age. He needed us to go get him and drive him and his car home. His timing sucked but I'm seriously glad he called. He was only about 10 blocks away, but I'm happy that all my nagging about not drinking and driving actually sunk in. Whew!
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    Ok...I got it wrong...it was the guy who plays Jackson who said he has a terrible voice. Not Patrick. I'm assuming Patrick was in the same boat though.

On another note....I'm so thankful for DVR. With 10 minutes left in the episode, my son who turned 21 two days ago, called from the bowling alley where he is in a league. I guess his teammates plied him with alcohol all evening to celebrate his coming of age. He needed us to go get him and drive him and his car home. His timing sucked but I'm seriously glad he called. He was only about 10 blocks away, but I'm happy that all my nagging about not drinking and driving actually sunk in. Whew!
    Jesse may have said it too, but the interview I read was with Patrick and he said he pretty much refused to sing because he's so bad.

Sara knocked it out of the park, just like I knew she would. I'm so glad that everyone is getting to see what Broadway fans have known for a while! "The Story" was my favorite because she was able to really cut loose.

Hurray for your son calling you to come get him! I had that kind of relationship with my parents too
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

10 hanky episode, but I really loved all the singing.

If you really want know what Patrick sounds like singing, check out the ballroom scene in Enchanted. He sings very briefly.

Sara was spectacular.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

FORT Fogey

I may be in a small minority but I really did not like this episode. I agree that they were great singers, but I found it to be so distracting. It really made me mad too, because I was interested in the storyline. I wish they had the actors record the songs, and have them play in the backgound like they use music most weeks. Doing it as a musical was distracting.

I absolutely loved this weeks episode. I didn't find the singing distracting and thought they were all great. Sara...WOW, that girl can sing. I am going to download some of her songs this weekend. I cried through the whole thing, but especially when Meredith was in the elevator with Derek talking about how she was upset with the universe and how unfair it is. That really pulled at my heart b/c I am in her position with trying to get pregnant and everyone around me has absolutely NO problem
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I may be in a small minority but I really did not like this episode. I agree that they were great singers, but I found it to be so distracting. It really made me mad too, because I was interested in the storyline. I wish they had the actors record the songs, and have them play in the backgound like they use music most weeks. Doing it as a musical was distracting.
    I kinda feel the same way. Now that you mention it, I would have liked it better if the songs were recorded by the actors and played in the background. I'm a huge fan of musical theater but this Greys did not do it for me.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post

VERY GOOD he called you!

In a way I really liked the distraction of the singing. The drama was so intense that I cried like crazy. If not the for the distraction on the singing I would have been crying evern harder...it would almost have been too poignant to bear without the singing. A great way to tear the heart out of you but still leave you alive LOL.
    Choices are the hinges of destiny.

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I thought it was odd too. What bothered me was I kept thinking about Glee, not that this was like Glee, but it seemed like it was trying too hard. I don't know. I think I have a good imagination, but why was she singing to herself?

I havent' watched the show regularly in years. Please tell me, what was the significance of the singing? Does this girl sing in her private life, when not at the hospital? Just curious. Also, isn't the pregnant injured lady the same one who was married to the doctor who got hurt a year or so and died and before he died was in love with the the blonde female doctor who was in Knocked Up?

+ Reply to Thread