+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree665Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Re: Grey's Anatomy

I love Sara's voice, and i have to say tonight showed just how beautiful she is.. her voice just seals it for me.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by buglover View Post
    Do they continue where they left off last week with the crash or is this all just a fluff episode? I don't want to waste my time if it's just about singing and dancing.
    This continues from the car crash.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    This continues from the car crash.
    Ok, I guess I'll give it a shot then!
    Yup, with donuts!!

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

I wonder how many of the voices were autotuned. Sara, of course, won a Tony for Spamalot so we know she can sing. Wow, I was blown away by Kevin Mc Kidd's voice. I wasn't familiar with him before he joined Grey's. What is he primarily known for? Has he sung before? Chyler Leigh was pretty good, too. And Alex was good, too. Heck, they all were pretty good! But what about Patrick Dempsey? Did I miss it or did he not sing? Not even one line? I didn't see/hear him sing.

Ryan ~ Reid ~ Roberto ryanfan4vr's Avatar

Actually, it was better than I thought it was going to be. Callie was amazing, of course. I'm surprised at how many of them actually have good voices. Lexie's lip-synching was particulary bad, especially at the beginning. Sloan really needs to gain some weight back...I don't think he looks as good thinner! I thought Meredith's scene in the elevator with Derek was really good!

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

I think I had read a while back that Eric Dane had been really sick, so I am assuming that is why he had lost all that weight. Old-timers is setting in though and I don't quite remember what had been wrong with him. But I do agree, he is too thin.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Did anyone see Kevin McKidd on The Talk today? He speaks with a scottish accent. If I wasn't looking at the TV and saw him with my own eyes I would've never guessed it was him.

I think I may be PMS-ing (or the meds aren't working ) because I sobbed like a baby for almost the whole episode. The first two songs make me mist up at the best of times but hearing/watching at the same time turned me into a puddle of tears. I did find the singing really distracting and at first didn't like it, but I got used to it eventually. Great episode!
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

I can never hear that song "chasing cars" without sobbing. Damn them for making that the first thing I hear when I turn on the show! (It reminds me of losing my mom and wishing time would stand still.) Nice voices so far but I hope this will be the first and last singing episode!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Patrick Dempsey says he absolutely cannot sing and really didn't want to. Once they heard him, they agreed... That's ok. He's still pretty.

I loved this episode. I can pretty much name every scene in which the music they sang originally aired in. I'm a HUGE Denny fan and Chasing Cars is the song that played when Izzy was laying in the bed with dead Denny. Every now and then, I watch that scene on youtube and I still sob like a baby. I tear up every time I hear that song. Tonight was no different. I was bawling quite loudly (and to the amusement of my husband) about 3 minutes into it. Grace (by Kate Havnevick) was playing when Denny died and Meredith and Derek were getting it on at the prom behind Addison's back. Yup. I cried through that, too.

Anyhoo...the one song I was really hoping they would do is the acoustic version of Unlike Me by Kate Havnevick. It was the song they played when the bomb guy got blown up in the hall and Izzy and Cristina were in the shower with Meredith washing the gunk off her. I really wanted to hear Sara sing that.

All in all, I loved this episode. I wouldn't want it to be this way every week but I enjoyed it.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

God I feel like I need some serious chocolate now! When Mark and Arizona had that "eye" moment where he was begging her to save his child........I'm still crying. Thank goodness I don't have to actually work inside of an office, my face is going to be puffy tomorrow!
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread