+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree545Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

  1. #5761
    Bitten Critical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Fangtasia - The Bar With Bite
    Age
    45
    Posts
    15,646

    Re: Grey's Anatomy

    If she was indeed forging his signature on his charts, then I like her even less. I don't hate her. I just don't like her. Since that actress has been cast in the new Charlie's Angels reboot, I doubt she'll be around for long.

    The stuff with Bailey and the nurse was ridiculous. I hate that she's being used for comic relief. Plus, I don't like the nurse. They need to bring back Jason George's character when, Off the Map eventually gets canceled. There was much better chemistry with those two.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

    I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

  2. #5762
    I Bleed Scarlet And Gray Wonderputt Champion FireWoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    At the High Rollers Table
    Posts
    4,591

    Re: Grey's Anatomy

    I dont think she was signing his name.. As far as we know shes in a position over him as hes not an atending, she can sign off. we saw her reading and reviewing before she signed. This is not that uncommon, yes most things you would need to sign off on yourself be it a Dr or a Nurse.. but she can sign off as someone over him.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

    "Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

  3. #5763
    FORT Fogey Dragonlady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pasadena, CA
    Posts
    3,893

    Re: Grey's Anatomy

    I hadn't watched the last 3 episodes until today and had myself a little mini Grey's marathon. It's great to watch them back to back because otherwise I forget things from past episodes.

    - I think the new blonde doctor was signing Karev's name to the paperwork. She does look too young to be in her position. I don't particularly like her but maybe because she's so beautiful that I can't help but hate her. JK

    - I think the Callie, Arizona and Mark storyline is silly and OTT. Callie is an intelligent woman and a doctor so I'd think she's tell both of them to mind their own business unless she's doing something really harmful to the baby. And so far, there is no conclusive proof that caffeine can harm a fetus.
    I'm also wondering if Arizona will able to continue in the relationship. I still doubt her reversal re wanting children and now she's annoyed with Mark being in her life forever.

    - Lexi's hair: She looks better with the dark hair than the blond but I liked her own dark brown better than this deep dark almost black hair that looks like a dye job.

    - When did Meredith become so mature and level headed? She used to be the "troubled" one but now acts like the wise old woman of the hospital.

    - I really dislike how they have Bailey acting now with this nurse. Maybe because I know him mostly as a cad and womanizer (Rescue Me) so I think I've "profiled" him as that all the time. But I'm just not buying his interest in her. She's not his type and it's so out of character for her to act like a silly young girl. She's done a complete 180 with this love interest as opposed to the last one where she didn't even want to date. Just doesn't fit for me.

    - I don't understand this new complication with Christina and Owen re babies. I know they talked about it before they got married so why is he acting like she should "come around" to something they both said no to?

    - I was disappointed in seeing Lexie immediately jump into sex with Gorgeous Green Eyes just because he said he was interested in her. Or am I just old fashioned and prudish?

    - I loved when Scott Foley told Teddy about her date and how he thinks "they" can do better. That was so adorable.

  4. #5764
    FORT Fogey causingchaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,790

    Re: Grey's Anatomy

    Lexi has a history of rebounding with the nearest available warm body so I don't see that out of character for her. We're kind of a little bit along in the pregnancy too so I'm assuming it's been at least 2-3 months in TV time since Mark and her were no longer.

    On a side note I'm not a fan of this Callie storyline either with the group parenting stuff but accept it.

  5. #5765
    FORT Fogey mindy384's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,865

    Re: Grey's Anatomy

    So, I am so late to the game but Netflix finally got all the seasons up and I decided I didnt want to be the only person in America who hadnt seen this show so I pulled it up and now I am so HOOKED!

    Currently, I am towards the end of Season 2 (just made it past the "black code" episodes where the guy shot the bazooka and ended up with a bomb in his chest cavity) and I love everything and every character with the exception of Meredith Grey. Her voice grates on my last nerve and her neverending fawning and baiting of a married man really bothers me. I know she was in the dark when she fell in love but the reality is that McDreamy is married and you have to respect that until he changes his mind--constantly asking him questions about your past relationship and telling him you miss him is just smarmy. I know shes the main character and will probably end up with McDreamy (gag) but I can't stand her...and when she stuck her hand in the chest cavity I was hoping that bomb would go boom and we could change it to Yang's Anatomy.

    Im very anxious to see how the show develops because they cant stay interns forever and I know there was some big throwdown with T.R. Knight and I. Washington that resulted in them both leaving the show so it will be interesting to see how they work around that. I have to say I got some chemistry vibes between Izzie and Dr. Burke and I would like to see if anything happens there--but they may not have time to flesh that story out.

    All in all, I cant wait!

  6. #5766
    PWS
    PWS is offline
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    14,720

    Re: Grey's Anatomy

    Enjoy, Mindy! You've got a long way to go! Believe it or not Meredith actually grows up during the series and becomes less annoying, but Yang does continue to rule! And you can follow McDreamy's wife on Private Practice eventually, when she gets her own spin off!

  7. #5767
    FORT Fogey Coco46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    941

    Re: Grey's Anatomy

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I hadn't watched the last 3 episodes until today and had myself a little mini Grey's marathon. It's great to watch them back to back because otherwise I forget things from past episodes.

    - I think the new blonde doctor was signing Karev's name to the paperwork. She does look too young to be in her position. I don't particularly like her but maybe because she's so beautiful that I can't help but hate her. JK

    - I think the Callie, Arizona and Mark storyline is silly and OTT. Callie is an intelligent woman and a doctor so I'd think she's tell both of them to mind their own business unless she's doing something really harmful to the baby. And so far, there is no conclusive proof that caffeine can harm a fetus.
    I'm also wondering if Arizona will able to continue in the relationship. I still doubt her reversal re wanting children and now she's annoyed with Mark being in her life forever.

    - Lexi's hair: She looks better with the dark hair than the blond but I liked her own dark brown better than this deep dark almost black hair that looks like a dye job.

    - When did Meredith become so mature and level headed? She used to be the "troubled" one but now acts like the wise old woman of the hospital.

    - I really dislike how they have Bailey acting now with this nurse. Maybe because I know him mostly as a cad and womanizer (Rescue Me) so I think I've "profiled" him as that all the time. But I'm just not buying his interest in her. She's not his type and it's so out of character for her to act like a silly young girl. She's done a complete 180 with this love interest as opposed to the last one where she didn't even want to date. Just doesn't fit for me.- I don't understand this new complication with Christina and Owen re babies. I know they talked about it before they got married so why is he acting like she should "come around" to something they both said no to?

    - I was disappointed in seeing Lexie immediately jump into sex with Gorgeous Green Eyes just because he said he was interested in her. Or am I just old fashioned and prudish?

    - I loved when Scott Foley told Teddy about her date and how he thinks "they" can do better. That was so adorable.
    Out of all the OT story lines on Grey's, the bolded above is the most ridiculous. I loved Bailey's harda** demeaner when the show started. Now, she is a just a caricature. Please bring the old Bailey back, Shondra.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

  8. #5768
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    710

    Re: Grey's Anatomy

    True to form the individual episodes are starting to suck. But I'll bet the finale is fantastic. I'm soooooooooooooooooo over Callie. She can just have her baby and leave already.

  9. #5769
    FORT Fogey mindy384's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,865

    Re: Grey's Anatomy

    Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Enjoy, Mindy! You've got a long way to go! Believe it or not Meredith actually grows up during the series and becomes less annoying, but Yang does continue to rule! And you can follow McDreamy's wife on Private Practice eventually, when she gets her own spin off!
    THANKS, PWS ! I hope I can learn to stand Meredith, I basically FF through most of her scenes w/ Derek now because she makes me grind my teeth and is ruining the show for me. Sometimes I wonder why this happens--the male characters are written to act like Meredith is the be all end all yet she is not the smartest, prettiest or most dedicated/passionate character in the lineup. How can she be the focus when you have amazingly intelligent characters like Yang, clever/admirable/dedicated souls like Bailey and gorgeous interests like Izzie? Why does anyone in this hospital even look at her, much less act like she is some mega prize? They have so many awesome characters in this show but focus on her sorry mistress a*s. It makes me sick.

    I didnt know about Private Practice but now I will be watching for it on Netflix!

  10. #5770
    PWS
    PWS is offline
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    14,720

    Re: Grey's Anatomy

    Quote Originally Posted by mindy384 View Post
    THANKS, PWS ! I hope I can learn to stand Meredith, I basically FF through most of her scenes w/ Derek now because she makes me grind my teeth and is ruining the show for me. Sometimes I wonder why this happens--the male characters are written to act like Meredith is the be all end all yet she is not the smartest, prettiest or most dedicated/passionate character in the lineup. How can she be the focus when you have amazingly intelligent characters like Yang, clever/admirable/dedicated souls like Bailey and gorgeous interests like Izzie? Why does anyone in this hospital even look at her, much less act like she is some mega prize? They have so many awesome characters in this show but focus on her sorry mistress a*s. It makes me sick.

    I didnt know about Private Practice but now I will be watching for it on Netflix!
    Well, wait for a bit or PP will give away some of what happens on GA. It will be obvious when you get to the point where you can start watching PP!

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.