+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree665Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Re: Grey's Anatomy

Critical when I had my back surgery, the doctor who signed my release forms had long flowing, curly hair, her make-up expertly applied and she was wearing a short skirt with hooker boots. I swear! When she left the room I asked my husband (because he works at that hospital) if she is really a doctor or does she just play one on tv.... She looked more like the doctors on Private Practice. He said she is definitely a doctor and dresses like that every day. I was floored.

Also, the new doctor is slated to star in the tv series remake of Charlie's Angels so I dont' know how long she's going to be around. Which sucks because they are hinting at an Alex hookup. Why if she's leaving soon?
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;4191142;
    Critical when I had my back surgery, the doctor who signed my release forms had long flowing, curly hair, her make-up expertly applied and she was wearing a short skirt with hooker boots. I swear! When she left the room I asked my husband (because he works at that hospital) if she is really a doctor or does she just play one on tv.... She looked more like the doctors on Private Practice. He said she is definitely a doctor and dresses like that every day. I was floored.

Also, the new doctor is slated to star in the tv series remake of Charlie's Angels so I dont' know how long she's going to be around. Which sucks because they are hinting at an Alex hookup. Why if she's leaving soon?
    See, enough kids have watched these "doctor" shows for long enough that now some of them have grown up to be actual doctors themselves, and they think that's how doctors should dress!

FORT Regular

I dont think there is a way Doctors SHOULD or shouldnt dress. Dress how you feel and what makes you feel your best. Some women and men like to look their best at all times and it makes them feel good which in turn makes them better at their job. Some people it doesnt matter how they look that their business!

I'd prefer my doctors to look professional and not like they're trying to pick someone up. I'm more likely to take them seriously. JMO.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Regular

I look at it differently. I would prefer someone who takes care of themselves because if they treat themselves right and care about their looks then they will probably do the same by me and care about me!

We'll just have to disagree then.

The new doc on Grey's not only looks too young (and, in reality, the actress is too young) to be at that point in her career, the actress just isn't that good. It's completely not believable that she's a hotshot doc and I don't feel that way about any of the other doc on the show. I'd be happy if she wasn't around long. Alex doesn't need another hook up: he needs to get his life together.

One of the reasons I like Private Practice more is that the characters on PP are dealing with adult situations. The whole hospital on GA feels like college to me.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

I remember the doctor from the first Transformer movie so I was kind of waiting for her accent to spill out.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;4192034;
    We'll just have to disagree then.

The new doc on Grey's not only looks too young (and, in reality, the actress is too young) to be at that point in her career, the actress just isn't that good. It's completely not believable that she's a hotshot doc and I don't feel that way about any of the other doc on the show. I'd be happy if she wasn't around long. Alex doesn't need another hook up: he needs to get his life together.

One of the reasons I like Private Practice more is that the characters on PP are dealing with adult situations. The whole hospital on GA feels like college to me.
    I often find myself reacting like you when watching tv. Then I have to remind myself that I shouldn't expect accuracy on tv shows but what would make a better story or fit the hired actor. It used to really get me riled up but now I make note of the improbable and chalk it up to typical Hollywood, who always assumes we're of less than average intelligence. They're probably hoping/thinking we won't pick up on any of it.

And yes, you're so right about GA's cast acting like college students rather than the educated intelligent people they are supposed to be. I know that intelligence doesn't always prevent us from making stupid emotional decisions, but these "kids" act very immature to me.

So the chief's wife is going to have Alzheimer's too? Clearly, he knows something is wrong but, probably in light of what happened to Ellis, doesn't want to face the truth.

So was the new doctor signing her own name to Alex's charts or her own? They didn't make that clear.

Fun to see Dondre Whitfield on the show, even if his character ended up dying. I remember him from All My Children and The Cosby Show.

Okay, so why is Altman dating Mr. Driving Gloves when she has a perfectly dreamy husband? Not that the actor isn't nice looking, but hello? Scott Foley! No contest!

FORT Regular

I think the new Dr was actually helping him sign his name to the charts which would be illegal. I know you hate her but Im loving this new Dr. I hope she gets more and more involved as the rest of this season goes along!

+ Reply to Thread