+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree665Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Re: Grey's Anatomy

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom;4180574;
    Java Jo, she didn't look familiar to me but I looked her up on IMDB. Her name is Rachael Taylor, is Australian, and you may have seen her in the movie, Transformers, among others.
    Ahh, thanks - as soon as you said Transformers, I could picture her in it - her longer hair now threw me off.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Should I take i from the lively chatter that last night's ep was a repeat?
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;4189485;
    Should I take i from the lively chatter that last night's ep was a repeat?
    No, it was a new episode, but I didn't watch the whole thing. Will watch it over the weekend
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

FORT Fogey

I liked how Sloan kept sending Avery to snoop out what was going on with Lexie, in exchange for promising him surgeries. Also liked how Callie divvied up the votes at the end, with her vagina getting one vote! Three votes for her and one each for Sloan and Arizona. The story about Mer and her mother's research also had a good resolution between her and the chief. Looks like a new love interest for Karev? Their story was good, too ... Karev may have met someone who can put him in his place. Very good episode!

I get the impression that Avery has a crush on Lexie... I'm not liking the new doctor's hair. It looks like a wig to me and I'm not sure why.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;4190251;
    I get the impression that Avery has a crush on Lexie... I'm not liking the new doctor's hair. It looks like a wig to me and I'm not sure why.
    Could it be the giant dark roots? I know no doctor whose hair is like that at work. Please. She looks like she's auditioning for the Victoria's Secret catalog.

The other thing that bugs me about that doctor is that the actress is 26. Not nearly old enough to be to that point in her career. The residents are older than that! It seems like she's NOT a resident. Unless she's Doogie Howser, she wouldn't be more than a 2nd year resident, IRL. I know, of all the kooky things on this show, THAT is the thing that bothers me
    Last edited by Critical; 02-12-2011 at 03:29 AM.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;4190264;
    Could it be the giant dark roots? I know no doctor whose hair is like that at work. Please. She looks like she's auditioning for the Victoria's Secret catalog.

The other thing that bugs me about that doctor is that the actress is 26. Not nearly old enough to be to that point in her career. The residents are older than that! It seems like she's NOT a resident. Unless she's Doogie Howser, she wouldn't be more than a 2nd year resident, IRL. I know, of all the kooky things on this show, THAT is the thing that bothers me
    I love Lexie and find her very sexy! Nothing wrong with looking like a Victoria secrets model as you say no matter what your profession. She looks professional enough to me! I thought she was 27 but either way yes she is smart, genius like. So maybe she advanced quicker through her college undergraduate years and maybe even med school?

Critical was talking about the new doctor's hair and age. She seems like she's out of place in the medical field at her age. Lexie is awesome and beautiful.
    Yup, with donuts!!

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;4190698;
    Critical was talking about the new doctor's hair and age. She seems like she's out of place in the medical field at her age. Lexie is awesome and beautiful.
    Who the blonde? Shes sexy too and love her hair. Curly hair like that is back!

Quote Originally Posted by Snacks;4190861;
    Who the blonde? Shes sexy too and love her hair. Curly hair like that is back!
    I don't work in hospitals, but I've never seen a doctor at work who wears her hair like that. She's all dolled up like she's going to a club. Plus, her hair all hanging in her face strikes me as a bit unsanitary. None of the other female doctors looks horrible, but they look appropriate for work. I know that, in this hospital, even the "unattractive" people are well above average, but I'd prefer they look like they're at work. Katherine Heigl always looked gorgeous, but she always looked like she was ready to work, not like she was about to go clubbing

Chyler Leigh is gorgeous and looks natural and not overly made up. I was so happy when she dyed her hair back from the blonde. Not flattering at all.

I was calculating the new docs career trajectory if she started h.s at 18. That makes 4 years of college, plus 4 years of med school plus, what, 3 years of residency before specialization and then there's often more training involved.

Maybe I just am sick of new characters coming in on this show. I'd rather they focus on a smaller group of people.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread