+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree710Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Re: Grey's Anatomy

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;4109650;
    When he was yelling at them at the end, why didn't either Meredith or Alex even mention how they called him every 5 minutes but he wouldn't answer? Do they have to be that afraid of him?

Is Christina going to be a basket case all season? I'm getting tired of it.
    I think that Alex and Meredith 1)knew that it wouldn't matter and/or help their cause with the doc and 2) since the Chief was on the other side of the window and could see what was going on I don't think they needed to do anything or say anything to defend themselves. It's not a matter of fear, as far am I'm concerned - it was a matter of whatever they say not being good enough or mattering to the attending. In those cases it's just best to save your breath.

As for Christina - I think it makes sense for her to be a little bit of a basket case. I mean if you just lost your like-calling, wouldn't you be a little emotional and crazy?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by WrigleyDogA2;4109658;
    I think that Alex and Meredith 1)knew that it wouldn't matter and/or help their cause with the doc and 2) since the Chief was on the other side of the window and could see what was going on I don't think they needed to do anything or say anything to defend themselves. It's not a matter of fear, as far am I'm concerned - it was a matter of whatever they say not being good enough or mattering to the attending. In those cases it's just best to save your breath.

As for Christina - I think it makes sense for her to be a little bit of a basket case. I mean if you just lost your like-calling, wouldn't you be a little emotional and crazy?
    Lost her life-calling? It was her choice to give it up. She was capable of knowing she had a serious problem, and if being a surgeon is as important to her as we've been led to believe all these years, why not fight for it and go get some serious professional help?! Isn't that what she was urging Hunt to do when he was having all those problems with PTSD?

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

I like April, I really do. I use to think she was the new Lexie but She's not. I enjoy her better than I ever did Lexie.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

I think Shonda is trying to make Cristina's situation more realistic instead of the usual TV show formula where the character's problems are solved in a few episodes. I bet she'll be back to surgery by the end of the season, if not sooner. I think all of this will make her a better doctor and give her some sorely needed empathy toward her patients.

I was watching one of the entertainment shows earlier this week and they were trying to come up with a "Mc" name for Avery. That whole thing was kind of funny in the beginning because it just sort of happened - especially with McDreamy and even with McSteamy. Now it's just kind of stupid. The story reminded me why I don't watch those entertainment shows any more!
    Last edited by Critical; 11-20-2010 at 04:38 AM.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I like that the Christina character is finally moving. I don't care if it's backwards or forwards she's moving. All the episodes with Christina really made me uninterested in the show.

That being said I'm sure there'll be some epic season finale where Christina has to come back to the hospital and do surgery for some reason. Or some cliff hanger where she has to choose to do surgery or not and next seasons first episode will have her back in the OR

FORT Fogey

PTSD is a horrible condition. For some people it lasts a lifetime.

However, I wonder if the story arc won't be that Owen and a good shrink will help her through it. On the other hand, it may be that Sandra Oh feels it is time to leave the show, and this is how they will handle her departure.
    Stay tuned!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;4109650;
    When he was yelling at them at the end, why didn't either Meredith or Alex even mention how they called him every 5 minutes but he wouldn't answer? Do they have to be that afraid of him?

Is Christina going to be a basket case all season? I'm getting tired of it.
    I think they realized that it wouldn't make any difference what they said. They were "paying their dues," so to speak. The chief knew what was going on and they knew they just had to let the guy say what he needed to say because that was the worst that could happen to them.

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos;4105496;
    Click to see Spoiler:
    The new pediatric guy is only credited with two episodes this season on IMDB. So I don't see him as a lasting character.

Anyhow, I like the new pediatric guy from when he was on Numb3rs I believe it is.
    Oh, thanks for that!! I remembered him from Ally McBeal but more so from Numb3rs. He always plays a quirky kind of guy. Really like him.

Oh, thanks for that!! I remembered him from Ally McBeal but more so from Numb3rs. He always plays a quirky kind of guy. Really like him.

Quote Originally Posted by Columbia, MD;4110054;
    PTSD is a horrible condition. For some people it lasts a lifetime.

However, I wonder if the story arc won't be that Owen and a good shrink will help her through it. On the other hand, it may be that Sandra Oh feels it is time to leave the show, and this is how they will handle her departure.
    Stay tuned!!
    There's NO way she's leaving the show. From Kristin's chat on E!Online:
    Click to see Spoiler:

Please tell me Cristina will get her stuff together on Grey's Anatomy and return to her job soon! I love her fierce + fearless.
    Good news: A source spotted Sandra Oh (Cristina) back at Seattle Grace Hospital for a recent shoot, so it looks like that fishing trip with Derek (that they shot a couple weeks ago in Big Bear, Calif.) may have worked some McMagic for her. By the way, in case you missed it, a fan asked Shonda Rhimes on Twitter why Derek seems to care more about Yang's PTSD than Meredith's miscarriage and she replied: "Umm..because Cristina saved his life & no one held a gun to Mer's head, gave her PTSD and made her unable to operate. Because he is being optimistic about future babies."

Read more: Spoiler Chat: Gossip Girl, Grey's Anatomy, House and More! - E! Online

For me, Peter MacNicol will always be Janosz Poha from Ghostbusters II. He was awesomely camp.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Everytime I watch Grey's Anatomy, I'm always reminded of seeing Patrick Dempsey in 1987 in Can't Buy Me Love. He was such a sweet goofy guy and now he's McDreamy.
    Seems like women look their best when they're very young but men come into their own as they age.

Quote Originally Posted by thedragonlady;4112039;
    Everytime I watch Grey's Anatomy, I'm always reminded of seeing Patrick Dempsey in 1987 in Can't Buy Me Love. He was such a sweet goofy guy and now he's McDreamy.
    Seems like women look their best when they're very young but men come into their own as they age.
    Oh, I agree! He was goofy as all get out and now he's just sexy. McSexy.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

+ Reply to Thread