+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree665Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Re: Grey's Anatomy

Did anyone else notice that in this episode Meredith, Christina, Avery, Karev, and April were in the light blue scrubs, when last week they were given their dark blue, attending scrubs? Also they referred to themselves as interns. Was this shown out of order, or just an oversight?

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Isn't that because what we were seeing was the final documentary footage from the filmmakers that was just then being aired on fictional tv? If so it would have been taped/filmed a while before and it would make sense they would not yet have been promoted.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4094514;
    You can't just have people bounce back from such a super-traumatic event within a couple of weeks, even if it is a television show. I like that she's creeping back bit-by-bit.
    Absolutely they cannot just bounce back, but the time span from incident to "now" seems to be somewhat substantial. I just think that somehow the psychologist who was evaluating them failed in his duties. Sure she may be ready for some aspects of her job, but she clearly needs more support.

Quote Originally Posted by WrigleyDogA2;4094660;
    Did anyone else notice that in this episode Meredith, Christina, Avery, Karev, and April were in the light blue scrubs, when last week they were given their dark blue, attending scrubs? Also they referred to themselves as interns. Was this shown out of order, or just an oversight?
    I thought maybe that was just a trial run? I seemed to notice how at the end of the day they made a big point of showing them all taking the scrubs off and putting them in the laundry? I don't know though.

It was a trial run. They made a big point of mentioning that it was just for one day.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

You can't just have people bounce back from such a super-traumatic event within a couple of weeks, even if it is a television show. I like that she's creeping back bit-by-bit.
    I'm not so sure about that since on soap operas babies become teenagers in a matter of months!!
    I like seeing Christina having flaws. It makes her character more believeable and has some depth. Usually she's so stoic with little emotion and it's hard to like someone like that. And in that same vein of character development, I really, really loved what she said to her husband about why she bought the loft....that she didn't care where they lived but he did so she bought it. Who knew Christina had a heart?!

I don't mind that it's taken Christina this long to deal with the trauma she suffered. But...it is time for Shonda to start moving her along. What's hard for me to believe about it is the fact that Christina is the strongest of them all. She's tough as nails, and while it's a nice change to see her vulnerable, I'm ready for the ball buster to show herself again...lol
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

I'm ready for anything with Christina to happen again. I don't care if it's a complete break down and she quits or gets kicked out. Or if she starts making serious steps back into the surgery. The same Christina over and over again is getting tedious. Especially when it's out of sync with the recovery of all the other people there. I would probably tolerate it more if everyone else wasn't "recovered" more or less or if everyone else wasn't moving somewhere backwards or forwards.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

I think that its been much more than a couple weeks.. remember that they went over all the time Lexi was in the hospital. And the reviews were over a couple weeks as well.. as we noticed when they went in to the Teddy/Visiting Dr storyline.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Maybe they are emphasizing that people recover at different speeds?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

They have emphasized that with the various characters who are moving one way or another in their recovery. The Christina character to me is just so out of place in these recovery shows because she's moving nowhere. Which is fine in real life. I deal with that with my clients in real life all the time. However, on TV where real life is condensed into an hour or so, where all other characters have some movement it doesn't work for me. It causes a great deal of dissonance when I watch the show which isn't being resolved and I honestly find myself flipping away when ever there's a Christina moment because I frankly don't want to sit and watch her be more of the same. Either move forward or backwards but have some character movement.

+ Reply to Thread