+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree679Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Re: Grey's Anatomy

Quote Originally Posted by jacobson00;4093664;
    Click to see Spoiler:
    something will happen to Callie and she won't go. She is on the rest of the episodes of the season. Arizona is out for just 2 episodes
    Thanks for the info.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I think this was one of the better episodes that I have seen in a long time! Loved the way it was shot! Documentary style.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I enjoyed it and thought that it had some really strong moments.

I completely understand Christina's PTSD, but I just wish that something was happening. She seems to have been at such a stand still for a while now.

Even though they telegraphed the fact that something bad was going to happen to Mary by mentioning how her surgery was so routine, I was still annoyed that they killed Mandy Moore off.
    I know they probably couldn't have gone anywhere else with the character, but I liked her and didn't want her to die.
    Still, she could turn up as someone completely different on Private Practice. Wasn't the wife of the arms recipient the week the same actress who drugged Violet and stole her baby?
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;4094044;
    I enjoyed it and thought that it had some really strong moments.

I completely understand Christina's PTSD, but I just wish that something was happening. She seems to have been at such a stand still for a while now.
    That's where I'm at too with Christina. I understand she has PTSD but it's going nowhere and I'm quickly losing interest in her as a character.

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;4094161;
    Even though they telegraphed the fact that something bad was going to happen to Mary by mentioning how her surgery was so routine, I was still annoyed that they killed Mandy Moore off.
    I know they probably couldn't have gone anywhere else with the character, but I liked her and didn't want her to die.
    Still, she could turn up as someone completely different on Private Practice. Wasn't the wife of the arms recipient the week the same actress who drugged Violet and stole her baby?
    Yep Amanda Foreman turns up all over episodic TV. She also used to play Felicity's roommate Meghan and then, because JJ Abrams uses the same actors, she did a role on Alias as well. She also plays the other mother on Parenthood whose son has Asperger's.

I was bummed they killed Mary too - Mandy Moore is just so adorable and likable - but it seemed like too much foreshadowing for her not to die. I wanted her story to have a happy ending. Still, let's face it, if she had lived, they just would have brought her back as an expectant mother and killed her during childbirth.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I'm going to take a gander and say this is why Arizona is going to be missing for a few episodes...

Jessica Capshaw Is a Mom – Again! - Babies, Jessica Capshaw : People.com
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Oh wow. I didn't even know she was pregnant.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

You can't just have people bounce back from such a super-traumatic event within a couple of weeks, even if it is a television show. I like that she's creeping back bit-by-bit.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4094514;
    You can't just have people bounce back from such a super-traumatic event within a couple of weeks, even if it is a television show. I like that she's creeping back bit-by-bit.
    I don't expect her to bounce back in a couple weeks. I expect some movement one way or the other. Angsty frozen in time Christina who isn't moving forward or backwards is just not that interesting to watch. And I'm experiencing some dissonance because realistically with her lack of ability to function she would not be working there anymore since she would be dead weight and a liability.

Meredith, Derek or any of those folks should not have bounced back either if they were going to freeze up Christina.

+ Reply to Thread