+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree663Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Somewhere between La La Land and Sin City

Re: Grey's Anatomy

Last night's episode certainly falls in line with last season's finale. Loved the glimpses into what happened immediately after the shooting and how people are coping. Again, so impressed with Bailey - being all taped and glued. I hope that the pleasing-on-the-eyes anesthesiologist Ben gets to come back and help her heal. Too many good moments to name them all.

I enjoyed the episode. I like the shrink they all have to see. He's no dummy. But did it ever mention if he released Christina?

I love Bailey but I want more Nazi.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Ryan ~ Reid ~ Roberto ryanfan4vr's Avatar

Wasn't Bailey's love interest (forgot his name) going to be on a new show. I'm assuming that's why we got that heart wrenching scene from Bailey, but what's his show?

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;4068436;
    I enjoyed the episode. I like the shrink they all have to see. He's no dummy. But did it ever mention if he released Christina?

I love Bailey but I want more Nazi.
    Based on the fact she asked to leave.. im giong to go with no.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

We rewatched the season finale right the show last night and it flowed so smoothly. My heart broke for how hard it's been on all of them, minus Alex. I was glad Lexi lashed out at him; he deserved it. I can't wait to see how the healing plays out with all of them. I'm not so sure about Merideth and Derrick...

JavaJo, I assumed Christina was cleared at some point (maybe beginning of next episode) because the previews showed her in the OR next week. 'Course, it also showed her on the floor saying to Merideth that she couldn't move, so I'm also assuming she wasn't ready at all...
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

The psychologist/psychiatrist was good to some degree, but I was also scratching my head at some of them being cleared. Sure they may be surgically capable, but ready? For example, sure Derek's doing hot stuff at the hospital, but that need to be a superhero could totally cause him to take risks that are far too dangerous.

However, it was a solid episode of Grey's.

The therapist angle wasn't exactly working for me based on who he was clearing. But if I ignored that and just looked at the coping of the characters I enjoyed this episode.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

You guys are being awfully hard on Alex considering, to the best of my recollection, he had no idea what he had said when he was dying or what had gone on with Lexie after he'd been shot until she went off on him at the wedding. I could be wrong but that was my interpretation of how things went down. And unless something brings him out of it, Alex's standard MO is to be a jerk so to me his behavior was not all that out of character.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M;4069176;
    You guys are being awfully hard on Alex considering, to the best of my recollection, he had no idea what he had said when he was dying or what had gone on with Lexie after he'd been shot until she went off on him at the wedding. I could be wrong but that was my interpretation of how things went down. And unless something brings him out of it, Alex's standard MO is to be a jerk so to me his behavior was not all that out of character.
    Alex's derision of Lexi because of her breakdown and the callousness in how he treated her during and after is where my disdain for him stems from. Of course, I've never cared for him and thought Lexi was a fool for choosing to be with him, so that might factor in a bit. I know everyone deals with tragedy/injury in their own way yet he seems to be the only one acting like a complete a-hole... He's the only character in this show who hasn't grown as a person since its inception. Kind of wish he'd left instead of George.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

I think this is Alex's way of coping. He has actually changed a grown by small degrees but in the face of this crisis he has reverted back to what he knows best and that's to throw up a wall and make himself inpenetrable, therefore unaffected... which just shows us how affected he really is.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

+ Reply to Thread