+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 727 FirstFirst ... 6464748495051525354555657585960616263646566106156556 ... LastLast
Like Tree679Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    I have to say, I love the fact that the show has a well rounded diverse cast.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

If anyone's interested... I think they're still taking votes HERE for People Magazine's Readers' Pick for the Sexiest Man Alive.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

FORT Fogey
    I dont mind Christina and Dr. Burke but I wonder why when they have an asian character on ANY tv show, they never have them dating their own race. Now dont jump all over me people. I find nothing wrong with interracial relationships on tv and off but usually they will have people dating their own races with white and black characters but when its an asian woman, cant they ever bring an asian guy into the show? There are alot of attractive asian men.

Jin from Lost for example.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by caramelbeauty81
    There are alot of attractive asian men.
    YumYumYesThereAre!!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Rick Yune is handsome.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

In defense of the whole race thing, if you remember on ER, Dr. Corday was involved with Dr. Benton before she married Greene. And Carter is married (?) to Kem who is not caucasian. Weaver's lover was african-american, too. And Chen was involved with one of the black docs (can't remember who) so there are other interacial relationships depicted on TV. That's just ER. There are others as well. I think one of the main reasons why so many Asians on TV are paired romantically with people outside their race is because there aren't a whole lot of Asian actors/actresses out there right now. Most of them are on the big screen right now. Jin is the only one (aside from Chen on ER) that I've seen on TV in a very long time. I'm sure if they looked hard enough through LA and NY, they would find an aspiring Asian actor who would fit perfectly in one of these shows.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    What is true these days is that shows often have one Asian cast member but almost never two (LOST has two, one of the rare exceptions--some people would count Sayid as South Asian rather than Middle Eastern for 3). This is not unreasonable in the sense of percentages---that is, Asians are still a pretty small % of the US population so in a cast of say 10 or less having more than one would be surprising unless the show is very family oriented (that is, lots of "related" people on the show, like Raymond)--BUT in the settings these shows have there usually are more Asians--e.g., hospitals. Asian-Americans are the most educated and upscale subgroup of Americans (including European-Americans), and shows are often in upscale and/or educated settings, so there should be more Asians. So, long distance plane flights (LOST), medical settings, etc. there should be more than one. And I agree, there seem to be more women shown than men. ER had/has 2 women who were/are main characters--Deb (who later used her Chinese name) and Neela--and no men. A hospital with no Asian-American male doctors? Have those writers BEEN to a hospital lately? At least this show has a black WOMAN doctor--a nice change of pace from ER.
    Last edited by PWS; 11-11-2005 at 04:47 PM.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    If anyone's interested... I think they're still taking votes HERE for People Magazine's Readers' Pick for the Sexiest Man Alive.
    Did you look at the "Sexier With Age" pics? Looks like Patrick Dempsey may have had a nose job. It looks much better now I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone
    Did you look at the "Sexier With Age" pics? Looks like Patrick Dempsey may have had a nose job. It looks much better now I think.
    I agree.. he is hot hot hot. And he was second in the running for Reader's Pick.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

+ Reply to Thread