+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree663Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Re: Grey's Anatomy

Quote Originally Posted by PHan;3909957;
    Totally awesome episode. Seriously! There were so many OMG moments. And I truly never saw the gunman in the OR coming. Loved Cristina saying she couldn't stop.
    My heart was racing the entire episode. Can't wait for next season to see the aftermath.
    I KNOW! When we first met Cristina, she was selfish, had no friends, and was pretty cutthroat. It was great to see her being as selfless and you can get by putting her own life on the line (literally) for her best friend. Last week when she chose to stay with the child instead of going into surgery.....our little Cristina has grown by leaps and bounds. I liked her way back when and I adore her now!

Someone above said it was out of character for Bailey to 'lose it', but even the strongest have their breaking point and she reached hers. Only problem I had with it was where was her boyfriend? They didn't show him worrying about her once and I would have liked to have seen him in a bit of a panic. And why didn't she use a phone to call 911 and tell them she needed an elevator? That bothered me.

Did they ever say exactly what was wrong with Mandy Moore's character?
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Bailey is used to medical dramas/issues.....not guns!! I can see why she would fall apart but, still, I thought she did well.

And, once those elevators are off...they are OFF until the police say otherwise.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fanatic

LOVED the finale, except the Callie/Arizona storyline. For Arizona to refer to parents as "little people makers" or something like that, I find it hard to believe that she'll be happy as a mother. I wish the writers had left that part out. I understand it was traumatic and she loves Callie, but being so flippant about having children was bothersome to me. Although maybe it'll be that flip attitude that is her undoing next season....still it irked me.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

It's odd that Arizona is so opposed to babies given her specialty---or maybe it makes her especially nervous about having them.
    She could have said "breeders"... a term I find pretty irritating....

I hate that they had Merideth lose the baby. They could have used it to give McDreamy strengh to live.

I kept expecting her to say "you can't leave me, I am pregnant"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

At least the abortion was a spontaneous one...not one from her getting shot, or other trauma.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

That whole wanting Izzy thing was a little sad to watch. Part of me was more annoyed with the thought that Izzy would be coming back to the show with any regularity after his thing.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

I didn't want to post my thoughts last night b/c I didn't want to give anyting away but w.o.w.!!

From the moment the show started and Merideth said she loved the ER, I wondered who was going down. (Nevermind all the references to the axe murderer, getting shot to see the inside of the ER, etc., etc.) I kept going back and forth between Merideth and Derek or even Christina. As the show moved on, I even pulled out my laptop to google who was leaving b/c I couldn't take the suspense!

Not sure about anyone else but I totally jumped when Reed got it in the noggin. And when Mark covered Lexie and cradled her as they fell...sigh. IDK how Avery would've been able to keep that kind of secret. (How beautiful are his eyes??) There's no way I would've been able to. I was kind of hoping Owen's military training would've kicked in so I was a bit let down when he didn't take out Mr. Clark.

Poor Merideth, though. Watching Derek from afar and seeing him go down (loved how she threw Christina aside!) Then having to wait and not being able to watch while Christina operated on him. (Again, didn't guess that Mr. Clark would be in the O.R. so I jumped again when Owen walked in there.) The radio station I listen to replayed Merideth's speech to Mr. Clark this morning and I got chills all over again hearing it. But when Avery took off the monitors and Merideth went down--wow. Avery wins the award for thinking quickest on his feet. Christina wins the award for saving the day and being the rockstar that she is and Richard wins the award for having the craziest/biggest pair of kahonas in the hospital.

Minor stories -- My heart was in my throat as Bailey begged for her life. When she realized she wouldn't be able to save Dr. Percy, heartbreaking. Callie frustrated the heck out of me when she didn't grab the gun. I mean, seriously? And I know someone mentioned Arizona saying "little people makers" but I actually LOL when she said it. I call my kids and their friends little people all the time, so I thought it was realistic. Alex--wasn't he on a breathing machine at the end?? When Lexie went in to kiss him, I could've sworn he was. I'm curious to see what the fallout of Alex's Izzie revelation is. (Am still hoping Lexie ends up with Mark.)

Looking forward to next season, I wonder what the fallout will be -- does Derek have issues with going back to the hospital? Will Merideth dwell on the miscarriage? Does Richard step back in?? Apparently, P.D.'s contract is up at the end of '11, so the question is will he stay or will he go now??
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Sorry for the double post but if anyone is interested and hasn't read it, here's Shonda Rhimes talking about writing the finale episodes -- it's a great read (and, sorry, too long for me to post). Happy reading!!

Grey's Anatomy: Grey Matter
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Just thought of this....how did the shooter get into Dereks OR without Meredith seeing him? She was sitting right outside the door. She was clueless or she would have said something to Owen when he told her to stay down. Is there another door?

It bothered me too that Callie didn't knock the gun from his hand but the more I think about it.....there was a child in the room and the woman Callie loves was right there....if it had gone wrong.....Maybe Callie didn't want to take that chance.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

+ Reply to Thread