+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree665Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Re: Grey's Anatomy

Loved loved loved the episode last night!!! Watching Grey's has been so hit or miss for me this season because it was just blah... but I am so glad that I sat down and caught last night's finale!

1) Loved Mandy Moore. She's just too cute and I wish she'd act more.
    2) Loved Bailey's conflict once she got pulled out from under the bed. Being a surgeon defines who she is and she's worked so hard this season to get a better work/home life balance, but I'm sure it was still tough for her to tell the guy that she was "just" a nurse. Good for her for realizing that that was what was going to save her life.
    3) The scene where she realized that the elevators were turned off. *choke*
    4) Christina... entire episode.
    5) Avery... those beautiful, piercing eyes can speak volumes
    6) Thought it was extremely unlikely that Amber would run out after Dr. Shepherd on the crosswalk. The shooter couldn't possibly have been blocked from her view, but c'mon... how frustrating was that?
    7) Poor Meredith. How tormenting it was for her when Avery pulled the machine off of Derek, and then to lose her baby? Heartbreaking!
    8) Mark realizing he loves Lexie... only to have her realize that she loves Alex.. only to have Alex declaring his love for Izzy.

Goodness... I could go on and on. What a perfect episode, SWAT team and all.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

I agree with everything you said Broadway.

I loved the part when Hunt ran back in for Cristina. I can never remember the name of the doctor played by Kim Raver, but her little speech made me love her character.

My jaw dropped when Hunt went into the ER....I totally didn't expect the shooter to be there. Wow.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

WOW - best episode EVER! It was so great and really kept me on the edge of my seat

I was so excited for Meredith and then my heart broke for her - the entire episode. But when she told the killer to shoot her - I was sobbing. She was so right and just stood there. I was so glad Avery came up with his plan! I LOVE Derek so the entire episode was awful - I was so worried PD decided to leave and it was going to be a shocker! It was ironic that Meredith and Christina said an ax murderer on the loose would be fun and Derek wished for a blow to the head so he could see the inside of an operating room!

I would prefer Christina with Avery over Owen. And when the shooter was aiming at Amber - I have to admit - I was hoping that he would shoot her. I can't stand her and would have preferred her to be shot over Reed. I agree that Chrstina has really been fabulous this season - she really deserves an Emmy!

I thought Bailey's breakdown was awesome and so realistic. She is always so calm but no one can be that calm all the time and she finally reached her breaking point. She felt like a coward and a failure. Two things she is not used to. She really showed her human side!

I was so mad at Kali - really - he had the gun right there and she probably could have taken it from him. I guess she decided that it wasn't worth the risk. It will be interesting to see where they take that storyline. Even though they agreed to have a baby - I am not sure Arizona's heart is in it.

Lexie, Mark and Alex was heartbreaking as well. I really like Lexie with Mark and would like to see them back together. I am not sure what will happen with Lexie and Alex since he declared his love for Izzie.

AND wasn't there a sedative somewhere that they could have put in their coat pockets and at some point someone shot into him? I kept hoping one of them was packing.

There were some unrealistic things - really no one ever tried to stop him. Except Derek talking to him. But why didn't someone go get the security guards guns. They didn't seem to indicate that he took them once he shot them. The one swat guy had a shot at the shooter and that was it? But I guess that was all necessary for plot development.

I am glad there was no cliff hanger that would have been too much over the summer. But it does set up so much for next season!!! I think it is likely that they have set it up so that Weber will take back over as Chief and Derek will return to the OR.
    Last edited by cape; 05-21-2010 at 09:48 AM.

FORT Fanatic

It might also be a set up for Meredith really WANTING a baby and possibly having pregnancy problems in the future and needing Addison's help?? Maybe?? So sad when she said no I am having a miscarriage. The loss at the same time she was relieved.

Why didn't Cali slap that gun down? I know I know story line. Just so shocking when he shot Reed I was still reeling from that and thought the shot would have been much louder and drawn more attention.

FORT Fogey

Now that I've had a chance to think about it after my initial response last night, I agree with the post above about Callie not taking the opportunity to grab the gun when the shooter was standing there with his palm open. But I guess we're supposed to see that nothing about the situation was clear-cut, and that decisions had to be made. However, what does bother me a little is that Bailey couldn't come up with a way to get Dr. Percy down to the OR. No elevator? Oh well, guess we'll sit here and watch you die. How did Mer and Cristina get Derek to the OR? Were the elevators working then? Couldn't Bailey have used the stairs to find someone to help? The hospital was full of personnel. Seems Bailey and the Mandy Moore character weren't any safer just sitting there on the floor near the elevators than they would have been if they had used the stairs to get help.
    Last edited by Lucky22; 05-21-2010 at 11:11 AM.

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cape;3909740;
    The one swat guy had a shot at the shooter and that was it? But I guess that was all necessary for plot development.
    This is the one part that seemed unrealistic to me. The swat guy hit the shooter in the shoulder, and the shooter fell, but then the sway guy (or guys) didn't go after him. They just let him get back up and wonder around.

Also, I was kind of disappointed that Lexi wasn't shot. I'm not a big fan of her.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by WrigleyDogA2;3909842;
    This is the one part that seemed unrealistic to me. The swat guy hit the shooter in the shoulder, and the shooter fell, but then the sway guy (or guys) didn't go after him. They just let him get back up and wonder around.
    Yes, that IS bizarre! Nothing about the SWAT team action made sense to me until they mobilized at the very end, and I think at that point, perhaps the shooter killed himself anyway. Thanks for nothing, SWAT team! Dr. Webber and the other docs did more to stop the guy than the police did.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Wow wow wow. OMG, what a fantastic episode. So many great moments. The one that stands out the most for me is when Christina was operating at gun point. Poor Meredith
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Christina is once again a 'rock star surgeon'.

Somewhere between La La Land and Sin City

Totally awesome episode. Seriously! There were so many OMG moments. And I truly never saw the gunman in the OR coming. Loved Cristina saying she couldn't stop.
    My heart was racing the entire episode. Can't wait for next season to see the aftermath.

+ Reply to Thread