+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree665Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Grey's Anatomy

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;3740097;
    I do! If anyone should be bumped to the front of the line, it should be the most urgent cases. That's like saying a company executive's kid or other relative or friend should get a plum job instead of the applicant who is most qualified. I know it happens, but it isn't exactly fair.
    'Tis the way of the world. I am also sure that no truly critical patient will lose their spot. Not every hospital does critical surgeries.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos;3739680;
    They said at one point briefly in some argument that they do pro bono surgeries for employees there.

I wouldn't really get into comparing this to reality. In reality most hospitals have a heavy nursing staff which this hospital seems to be lacking.

They hardly seem to have any support staff at all. I can't remember the last time I saw a lab tech of any kind Or any LPNs or PAs etc.

But then we really shouldn't try to compare this to any sort of medical reality.
    We should just (to paraphrase a Victorian pastor) just lay back and enjoy watching Dr McDreamy et. al.

And wish there were doctors and surgeons in the real world who looked--or acted--anything like the ones in this show.

FORT Fogey

Everyone--When do you think Izzy is going to come back?

How long can they keep one of the most popular characters away?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Well...she does have that new baby at home to bond with...or am I thinking of another actress?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

She did adopt a child--a little girl from China. But how long can they keep her character from showing up when her fans expect her?

FORT Newbie Tetris Champion, backGammon Champion, Broken Words Champion Debbie51495's Avatar

I read someplace she will be out for 5 episodes while she films a movie.

FORT Fogey

Debbie--thanks for that info!

Yup, the movie is Life as We Know It. Izzie's never been my favorite character, admittedly, but I really don't miss her thus far.

Tonight's episode was fantastic. I won't spoil it for anyone, but it is a must see.

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01;3744422;
    Tonight's episode was fantastic. I won't spoil it for anyone, but it is a must see.
    I will definitely agree with that! I went back and forth between crying, laughing, and
    Click to see Spoiler:
    swooning over Alex's bare chest as he kangaroo'ed the preemie

+ Reply to Thread