+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 736 FirstFirst ... 4444546474849505152535455565758596061626364104154554 ... LastLast
Like Tree758Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Based on what we know of the Chief and Dr. McDreamy’s relationship, something is puzzling. The Chief knew the Shepherds had separated, yet he invited Mrs. McD to Seattle to confer on “a special case”. Then, after said case was over, he offered her the sun and moon to stay. Why?

Something seemed amiss when after his surgery he appointed Burke as Interim Chief instead of Dr. McD. Then, when Burke told him about his relationship with Christina, instead of reminding him that he could potentially be committing career suicide, he calmly told him he did the right thing unlike the married Dr. Shepherd. I remember Derek telling Burke that the Chief was an old mentor and that he was the one who invited him to Seattle Grace. Seeing as how they are old friends, shouldn’t the Chief have been surprised when he showed up without his wife and asked why? I am just having a hard time understanding why he is being so hard on him and kissing up to her. After all, he was the one who caught her with his best friend in their marital bed.

CCL
    I think the chief's kissing up to her because she is a "star" in her field. He said as much in the last episode - that her staying there would attract attention and money to the hospital. I guess Mr McD is a good surgeon but is not a star.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Premium Member
    I'll bet the entire medical staff are all pulling their hair out because this class of interns has sure caused a lot of drama.

Quote Originally Posted by NYGal
    Based on what we know of the Chief and Dr. McDreamy’s relationship, something is puzzling. The Chief knew the Shepherds had separated, yet he invited Mrs. McD to Seattle to confer on “a special case”. Then, after said case was over, he offered her the sun and moon to stay. Why?

Something seemed amiss when after his surgery he appointed Burke as Interim Chief instead of Dr. McD. Then, when Burke told him about his relationship with Christina, instead of reminding him that he could potentially be committing career suicide, he calmly told him he did the right thing unlike the married Dr. Shepherd. I remember Derek telling Burke that the Chief was an old mentor and that he was the one who invited him to Seattle Grace. Seeing as how they are old friends, shouldn’t the Chief have been surprised when he showed up without his wife and asked why? I am just having a hard time understanding why he is being so hard on him and kissing up to her. After all, he was the one who caught her with his best friend in their marital bed.

You peaked my curiosity now NYgal! I never questioned it before.

It was mentioned in the beginning, the chief wasn't sure about Burke, & he liked Sheppard (old friends) and I assumed he thought he might be more of what he was looking for- I always figured he was setting them up to compete against each other. Then when Shep and Meredith became involved, things changed. Would the chief have been as concerned if it was anyone other then Ellis's daughter? Does he think Derek should be more forgiving, because of his own personal experience with Ellis Grey and his own wife? I think the chief's past has some bearing on things.

Didn't the chief have an affair with Merideth's mother years back??
    MAybe she is his daughter.

Eh, no, she ins't his daughter. I reckon the affair may have happened after Meredith was born.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by march
    Didn't the chief have an affair with Merideth's mother years back??
    MAybe she is his daughter.
    You know, march, that crossed my mind, too, however I think they would have cast a different actress in the role of Meredith if that were the case.

They did have an affair, but he wouldn't leave his wife, if I remember correctly.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

also, when Ellis thought George was Thatch and told "him" she was leaving, she was talking about Meredith as a child, so I got the impression the affair with the Chief happened after Meredith was born.
    Wag more, bark less

CCL
    I concur, Jamie. That said, it is possible for Meredith to be the chief's daughter in terms of appearance. It is not that unusual for a mixed child to appear white.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

That would be too much of a stretch, honestly, that would be reaching it.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

+ Reply to Thread