+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree665Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

FORT Fogey

Re: Grey's Anatomy

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss;3735098;
    Prior to this episode, I figured April would be around for a while, because she was the only actor I actually recognized, although I couldn't remember from where. I just looked her up, and she was on Everwood for a while, plus she's done a lot of guest shots on other popular shows.

I noticed that she forgot to check the throat, but I don't know enough about medicine to realize what a big mistake that was, so I was still in the dark until the end.
    Same here. It's always interesting to me that the doctors are way more interested in being involved in the extreme cases (or even gawking at them, or fighting over them), whether surgical or in the ER, than in the cases that don't seem so exciting. I know it probably has to do with wanting to learn more (although it often seems to be about bragging rights), but as in this case, ignoring the more routine case and procedures resulted in a totally unnecessary and tragic death. Scary implications for real life.

FORT Fogey

yeah, i realized that too. they all want the extreme cases, which is why i can't stand Cristina. i hope it isn't like that in real university hospital.
    by the way, anybody else misses O'maley?

Quote Originally Posted by jacobson00;3735469;
    yeah, i realized that too. they all want the extreme cases, which is why i can't stand Cristina. i hope it isn't like that in real university hospital.
    Depending on if it's a teaching hospital it can really be like that (and specialty).

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I definitely miss O'Malley. I missed him until I read about him being a "cougar" and, at age 36, having broken up with this 20 year old boyfriend. All I could think of was, "What an idiot!" What could a 36 year old man and a 20 year old man possibly have in common? Also, I'd never heard of a man referred to as a "cougar" before.

I think that Mr. Knight made a bad move by leaving the show.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I see nothing wrong with the age difference between him and his boyfriend. As a female I typically date older guys and no I'm not looking for a "daddy." I see 16 years as hardly that big of an age difference.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jacobson00;3735469;
    I've worked as a lab and morgue tech in large teaching hospitals--and yes it really can be like that.

When I had elective surgery for a non-life-threatening situation (that had some "unusual/interesting" aspects to it) I made darn sure that NO med student or resident or intern ever came near me under any circumstances.

Period.

Not even to observe or even to sit in on any visits with my doctor.

I'd seen too many autopsies that showed errors made by the less-than experienced.

Scary but true--and that's why they're called TEACHING hospitals.
    Last edited by Wind Dancer; 10-25-2009 at 04:03 PM.

I miss Burke and Addison more than I miss O'Malley. And I didn't miss Izzie at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3735741;
    I've worked as a lab and morgue tech in large teaching hospitals--and yes it really can be like that.

When I had elective surgery for a non-life-threatening situation (that had some "unusual/interesting" aspects to it) I made darn sure that NO med student or resident or intern ever came near me under any circumstances.

Period.

Not even to observe or even to sit in on any visits with my doctor.

I'd seen too many autopsies that showed errors made by the less-than experienced.

Scary but true--and that's why they're called TEACHING hospitals.
    It's a really competitive field and really when people sit down to write their CV they don't want a list of your basic procedures and diseases. It looks way better to have experience with the unusual. Which causes some serious lapses in judgment when it comes to the everyday stuff.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;3735825;
    I miss Burke and Addison more than I miss O'Malley. And I didn't miss Izzie at all.
    I've been watching the older GA on Lifetime and it REALLY reminded me how much I enjoyed Burke. I miss him a lot.

I do miss George, but the OLD George. Not last season's George. When they had him fail his internship, it just messed with the George I loved.

I do still love Bailey though. She's gone through some changes along the way, but I do love her.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Now that "O'Malley" is gone, I want them to bring "Burke" back.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread