+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree757Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

FORT Fogey

Re: Grey's Anatomy

Any medical people here? Why did soot in her throat cause the whole thing? She seemed to be breathing, talking, etc., just fine till after the morphine.

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;3734290;
    That actually worked really well, I thought. And I was glad Derek told the Chief what needed to be said at the end.
    I was also really glad to see someone, Derek this time, tell the chief what he really needed to hear.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

People that have been in fires can develop swelling in the throat...which is why you look for soot in the throat, to see if there has been the possible inhalation of heat and toxic byproducts of the fire, which can cause a crisis...not necessarily right away. And the swelling can happen quickly and without warning. Then you got a mess on your hands. Best to get that tube down before the swelling takes over.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3734297;
    People that have been in fires can develop swelling in the throat...which is why you look for soot in the throat, to see if there has been the possible inhalation of heat and toxic byproducts of the fire, which can cause a crisis...not necessarily right away. And the swelling can happen quickly and without warning. Then you got a mess on your hands. Best to get that tube down before the swelling takes over.
    Thanks, prhoshay. I wasn't aware of that. Just about every time I watch these medical shows, it makes me more fearful of having to go to an emergency room!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;3734300;
    Thanks, prhoshay. I wasn't aware of that. Just about every time I watch these medical shows, it makes me more fearful of having to go to an emergency room!
    My mom had appendicitis in early July. The pilot episode of this show was running through my mind for half of that night, and let me tell you, it wasn't a good feeling. The only silver lining was that she did not go to a teaching hospital, it being July and all.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;3734307;
    My mom had appendicitis in early July. The pilot episode of this show was running through my mind for half of that night, and let me tell you, it wasn't a good feeling. The only silver lining was that she did not go to a teaching hospital, it being July and all.
    Reminds me of years ago when I had severe food poisoning and was taken to an ER, where the doc insisted I had appendicitis and was prepping me for surgery. My dad intervened because we had both eaten at the same restaurant and become ill, so he, a layperson, figured it out when the ER doc didn't! Seriously, I am going to DVR this show from now on and watch it during the day because there's something scarier about watching it before I go to bed, where I would be now if I weren't so creeped out by tonight's episode!

Wow. I really liked this episode. I figured it out from the moment April got distracted, though. When she neglected to look at her throat, I thought uh-oh. My husband is a FF/paramedic. I helped him study for his tests when he was in school. Still, though, it was sad because it all could have been prevented. I loved Yang sticking up for her in the end.

Nosedive....when the guy laughed and said "that's gonna stick"....

My heart is breaking for Alex. Poor guy can't catch a break.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

JavoJo - I figured it out too when she said open your mouth, saw the ax guy and then went back to her and said "you look fine". I saw an update on Facebook from GA (before the episode aired) that said if you think you saw everything, watch again. So I watched the episode really paying attention for little clues and that got me right away.

I thoroughly enjoyed the episode - I thought it was fast-paced and interesting. I've never worked in an ER so I have no idea if it can become that chaotic without one person really in charge and overseeing what goes on, but it sure made for a great episode.

I don't think you have to have the same dynamic season-to-season for it to remain a compelling and interesting and enjoyable show. I really liked it.

Balllllooooooooon!!!!! MrsMarcusWelby's Avatar

I absolutely LOVED last nights episode. I think that dark of an epi would get exhausting week after week, but as an epi to get to know the docs of Mercy west I really liked it (much better then them giving snappy one liners to each other or just fighting over patients for bragging rights). I was doing laundry while watching this last night, so I totally missed that she didn't actually look in her mouth... I kept thinking it would come down on Lexi (having missed that little tid-bit) and I might be in the minority, but I like little grey
    "We're going to have to watch that again" - John Locke

Quote Originally Posted by MrsMarcusWelby;3734503;
    I kept thinking it would come down on Lexi (having missed that little tid-bit) and I might be in the minority, but I like little grey
    She is one of my favorite characters. I wasn't fond of her storyline where she fell in love with George (I much preferred their friendship to that), but other than that...I've loved all of her work. She's a talented actress with very expressive eyes. She's a sweet girl but she can sport a backbone when she needs to.

I'm slightly warming up to the new people. A tiny bit. Not a fan of nosedive, but Avery (?) is growing on me. I think him and Alex are going to end up being buddies. I hope so, because Alex needs a friend. I know the others are his friends, but he doesn't really have a guy he can confide in and just hang with. He needs that. Whether Izzie is in the picture or not.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

+ Reply to Thread