+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree545Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Re: Grey's Anatomy

From a realistic standpoint I'm always musing over the lack of nurses in that hospital.

Since I haven't seen the evolution of the show really and only caught it last season I kind of got the feeling that their whole marriage was strained from the get go.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WrigleyDogA2;3729444;
    Regarding the bolded - if you remember Alex asked the chief NOT to fire Izzy. He told him that she needed this more than anything. So, while she was mad, Alex was trying to defend her.

Also, another complaint - it seemed to me that there were WAY more MW people than SG. Why didn't MW have to cut a lot of their staff/doctors/interns?
    The problem with that was that the chief only told Izzy that Alex had told him how weak she was. He didn't go into the part where Alex asked him to keep her on. HR had was on him to go by their script, and sitting there to make sure that he did. Of course, the part where he talked about the people who thought that she needed to leave was not part of that script, but HR did not interfere with what he was saying.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos;3729331;
    I know that the competition for limited slots is realistic. I just hope it isn't the main focus of every single show this season. I think that was my biggest issue with last nights show is that the entire show felt like it was about one upping each other and so on with hit and miss story lines in between about the characters.
    CausingChaos--hi.

I agree with you. That kind of limited story line would get old very fast.

I'm hoping that last night's show was a sort of intro to the conflicts but that it won't be a major topic throughout the season,

I think a lot of people get more than enough of that at work.

And I agree with whoever posted above about the lack of nurses.

I guess that if they were realistic about the number of nurses needed the sets would be waaay too crowded.

It does make me wonder who's really taking care of the patients though.

And of course they don't seem to have a single LPN on duty anywhere.

(And the patients' rooms are unrealistically large, there are no lab techs anywhere etc etc....)

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marybethp;3729309;
    {snip}

As a side note, Ellen Pompeo looks adorable when she was pregnant - a little more weight to her face. She GLOWED!!
    totally agree - she looks better in the face with the weight

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3729615;
    The problem with that was that the chief only told Izzy that Alex had told him how weak she was. He didn't go into the part where Alex asked him to keep her on. HR had was on him to go by their script, and sitting there to make sure that he did. Of course, the part where he talked about the people who thought that she needed to leave was not part of that script, but HR did not interfere with what he was saying.
    I thought what Alex said, while wellmeaning was NOT helpful to Izzy's chances of staying... she's not back 1005 yet...so she needs this to get all the way back.... Well, sorry, in tough times the hospital needs people who are 100% there already, it isn't for healing the doctors! Of course that was not at all what Alex intended the effect to be, but it really didn't help.
    However the Chief really only started to mention Alex's contribution and stopped. leaving Izzy with the feeling that he, too, had been wanting her to leave..... Well,gives the actress a reason to disappear for 6 weeks or whatever she needed to do.
    Boy, the MW guy Izzy befriended really came across as a total slime... Izzy looked as if she had been punched in the stomach. He's lucky the coffee ended up at his feet.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

PS, for those of you who don't watch Private Practice, Bailey took the kidney transplant patient to that hospital (her sister lives near there, got out of an abusive relationship with the patient's help, can't leave the state, plus 3 kids) and eventually the sister gave her a kidney, and it looks like she will live. However the sister is not as good a match AND is HIV+, so now the patient is as well. But better HIV than dead obviously, although they had to argue that point as it is illegal to transfer HIV+ organs. Personally if I were the kidney patient I"d be sueing Seattle Grace!

I don't remember; was the patient made aware of and consent to getting her sister's sick liver?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Premium Member

yes she was, she knew but she wanted it anyways. Not like she had much of a choice either die or get HIV but live.

Yikes! I meant kidney. I was still thinking of Meredith's dad.

Premium Member

I knew what you meant, yes she knew along, but like there wasn't any other option for her at that point.

+ Reply to Thread