+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree710Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Re: Grey's Anatomy

I am so over the competition already and it just started.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie;3729089;
    I am so over the competition already and it just started.
    Agreed. How are we supposed to ever like these new people when we start off totally hating them. Are they all temps??
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetNerd;3729123;
    Agreed. How are we supposed to ever like these new people when we start off totally hating them. Are they all temps??
    Maybe they're like the nameless guys in the original Star Trek series--the ones who wore a different colored shirt and got knocked off on the new planet they were visiting for the first time?

BTW--having worked in many different kinds of hospitals I can say that the interns/residents/medical students can be terribly competitive since often they are fighting for a limited number of slots.

It sure ain't pretty to see though.

ETA--it was great to see Hector Elizondo! Does he appear often as her father or is this the first time he's been seen?
    Last edited by Wind Dancer; 10-16-2009 at 10:48 AM.

Did anyone else recognise Lexie's patient. "70% guy?" He reminded me of Reese from Malcom in the middle. All grown up.
    But that actor wouldn't be old enough for it to have been him.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3729132;
    ETA--it was great to see Hector Elizondo! Does he appear often as her father or is this the first time he's been seen?
    I believe this was his third appearance. He popped up when Callie married George, then again when Callie started seeing a woman (can't remember if it was Ericka or Arizona that she was with), then again last night.

I loved Arizona's speech to Callie's father. I think she just may be the most stable character on the show....

I really don't like how they had Izzy leave Alex...especially via notepad paper. Couldn't the writers have just sent her to visit her mother while she licked her wounds and fought the cancer or just not showed her...had her off camera while Alex gave us updates? It just irks me because Alex had been growing and this feels like they are sending him right back to where he started.

Why did they have to make ALL of the SG interns look incompetent compared to the MW people?
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

oOP. Found the info I was asking for. The character's name was Billy and he was played by John Paul Pitoc
    who IMO really could be Justin Berfield's(Reese) older brother.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Izzy was shocked/hurt when she was told that her husband had spoken to the chief about her weakened physical state. She didn't seem to know he had done that.

I can see the competitions going on between hospital personnel. The SG people did not appreciate having the "foreigners" on their territory, with their own sets of rules and procedures that were foreign to the SG folks. I've worked in a blended/merged setting before, and it isn't pretty. It will really raise the stress level. The SG people seemed seriously outnumbered.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

I think what bothered me about this episode is that there is NO way that these doctors (who aren't interns anymore) would be such bumbling idiots. Also, the SGH staff wouldn't dismiss the feelings of their own doctors. They would protect them. They wouldn't just put these unknown MW people ahead of them all the time.

Very unrealistic show for me this week.

As a side note, Ellen Pompeo looks adorable when she was pregnant - a little more weight to her face. She GLOWED!!

I know that the competition for limited slots is realistic. I just hope it isn't the main focus of every single show this season. I think that was my biggest issue with last nights show is that the entire show felt like it was about one upping each other and so on with hit and miss story lines in between about the characters.

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3729230;
    Izzy was shocked/hurt when she was told that her husband had spoken to the chief about her weakened physical state. She didn't seem to know he had done that.

I can see the competitions going on between hospital personnel. The SG people did not appreciate having the "foreigners" on their territory, with their own sets of rules and procedures that were foreign to the SG folks. I've worked in a blended/merged setting before, and it isn't pretty. It will really raise the stress level. The SG people seemed seriously outnumbered.
    Regarding the bolded - if you remember Alex asked the chief NOT to fire Izzy. He told him that she needed this more than anything. So, while she was mad, Alex was trying to defend her.

Also, another complaint - it seemed to me that there were WAY more MW people than SG. Why didn't MW have to cut a lot of their staff/doctors/interns?

+ Reply to Thread