+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree730Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Grey's Anatomy

If they each made $30,000... They obviously fired quite a few nurses and similar people. If you are firing a nurse with 7 years seniority there were probably a lot of others let go....

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3717804;
    I realize they cut many interns but why cut them? They don't make any money do they? Are they just trying to make room for the interns who may be at the other hospital when it merges together?
    Back when I was an intern, the hourly rate was comparable to someone who slips burgers. We also didn't have our hours capped at 80 hours/week that the new crop of doctors get. I am not sure if it is any better now--you'd have to ask a newer doctor, but I would seriously doubt it. I am sure the budget cuts hit the education program and in that case, the interns would be the first on the chopping block. Hospitals tend to also cut the support staff first as well--so the floors would lose the clerks, housekeeping and maintenence get cut, etc. Nurses are definitely vulnerable--they get asked to do the work of several nurses plus the clerk they get rid of. I still remember one ER I worked, I only had one nurse. For the whole ER. This was a small hospital and eight beds available, but that is a lot to ask of one nurse.

In Grey's--if only they had taken the opportunity to cut all those interns. Lexie is the only one out of all of them who adds anything to the show.

Now we know how Merideth is going to be kept in the show but still make it so that we don't see the actress' pregnancy. Didn't they say she would have to heal for over a month? That means she'll either be laying in the bed for a month or she'll be home and we'll just see her now and again on the show.
    Yup, with donuts!!

I enjoyed last nights show. Alex screaming like a girl was classic. Loved when Izzy said...Are you sure it wasn't a deer? Then when it happened to her, Alex said...Was it a deer? The way he said it cracked me up.

Also loved Derek and Mark. Mark all concerned for Lexi's health. Used to be he didn't care about anybody but Mark. Love how he's grown. Also, when Derek let Meredith work it out on her own. He even stopped Cristina from talking to her. Mer's speech to her dad was great. I almost cried when she said she knows what it's like to have a sister and she likes it. I miss dark and twisty Meredith, but I'm really liking this new outlook she has.

The chief and Callie's scene was great, too. She was the only one to stop and realize what he's going through. He obviously appreciated her concern.

I miss George like crazy, but I like where this show is going.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

I cracked up big time when Alex screamed like a girl.

Click to see Spoiler:
    I'm guessing it's Izzie who gets the axe next week, as I think Katherine Heigl's five week leave from the show is coming up, and that's an easy way to make her scarce around the hospital, plus the whole thing with her being a patient and a doctor this week...

nevermind...

Somebody, please explain how to post hidden text. Can't figure out which quote tags to use. Thanks.
    Last edited by tinderbox; 10-10-2009 at 12:30 PM. Reason: can't figure out how to do hidden test.

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox;3723588;
    nevermind...

Somebody, please explain how to post hidden text. Can't figure out which quote tags to use. Thanks.
    You need to use spoiler tags: [spoiler]Whatever you want blacked out[/spoiler]

(You won't see the bracketed spoiler tags-- I used some additional tags to make them appear.)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Also, if you scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the "vBcode" link in the little "Posting Rules" box, you will find that all kinds of fun things that you can play with.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Starbucks880;3718417;
    Back when I was an intern, the hourly rate was comparable to someone who slips burgers. We also didn't have our hours capped at 80 hours/week that the new crop of doctors get. I am not sure if it is any better now--you'd have to ask a newer doctor, but I would seriously doubt it. I am sure the budget cuts hit the education program and in that case, the interns would be the first on the chopping block. Hospitals tend to also cut the support staff first as well--so the floors would lose the clerks, housekeeping and maintenence get cut, etc. Nurses are definitely vulnerable--they get asked to do the work of several nurses plus the clerk they get rid of. I still remember one ER I worked, I only had one nurse. For the whole ER. This was a small hospital and eight beds available, but that is a lot to ask of one nurse.

In Grey's--if only they had taken the opportunity to cut all those interns. Lexie is the only one out of all of them who adds anything to the show.

We cut all the housekeeping, dietary, aides, clerks and nurses at my hospital too when it gets bad financially. Then they start to combine jobs nurses doing case management while working the ER etc. When it gets a little financially better they start to fluff out jobs again but then lay off and reorganize when it gets bad.

Interns don't make much but when a hospital has to justify cutting other staff they will start hacking away at interns too. It's brutal.

I am not liking the competition between all the interns, if I were a patient at that hospital, I would be demanding a transfer

+ Reply to Thread