+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree757Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Re: Grey's Anatomy

Quote Originally Posted by oneTVslave;3716174;
    Loved the last scene with the 3 couples playing baseball and being semi-normal and drama-free for once. And I just love Lexie and McSteamy together, so cute!!! Lexie is quickly becoming one of my favorite characters. I don't care what anyone says, I still love this show.
    I loved that scene too. Grey's is my do not miss show.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by oneTVslave;3716174;
    Loved the last scene with the 3 couples playing baseball and being semi-normal and drama-free for once. And I just love Lexie and McSteamy together, so cute!!! Lexie is quickly becoming one of my favorite characters. I don't care what anyone says, I still love this show.
    I always enjoy the last line or two of Meredith's voice-over at the end, but last night I couldn't make it out due to the music or something. Didn't DVR it. Does anyone remember the last line ... something about the solution to being paranoid??

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

I heard it as Just being is the answer.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman;3716923;
    I heard it as Just being is the answer.
    If the solution to feeling paranoid is to just be, then a lot of psychiatrists are taking patients' money unnecessarily! Thanks, though. It sounded like she said a longer sentence than that to me.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

Final voiceover: "Because the only cure for paranoia is to be. Here. Just as you are"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by marybethp;3717033;
    Final voiceover: "Because the only cure for paranoia is to be. Here. Just as you are"
    Thanks so much! I hate to miss the last thought, as it sums up the theme of the whole hour. I will have to mull how being here just as you are cures paranoia. It didn't heal the paranoid character on the show ... he was being there just as he was, which was paranoid.

I think the bigger message for the paranoia thing went with the rest of the show, not so much with the character with schizophrenia. If you look at all the other characters they are working themselves into a fine tizzy because of their paranoia over who is going to lose their job. It's all thinking about the future. All worrying about the future. All their energy and their thoughts are focused on the future.

The cure for that kind of paranoia is to be in the present right now. I can't change the past. I can't predict the future but I can be in the now. Which is also where I think the little baseball game played in. Be present for what is going on right now. Stop thinking about what may happen.

I realize they cut many interns but why cut them? They don't make any money do they? Are they just trying to make room for the interns who may be at the other hospital when it merges together?
    Yup, with donuts!!

Some medical interns do make money, albeit not very much.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3717804;
    I realize they cut many interns but why cut them? They don't make any money do they? Are they just trying to make room for the interns who may be at the other hospital when it merges together?
    Most Hospital Docs dont make very much (unless you are head of something).. well more than most.. but not as much as if they have their own practice, or are part of one.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

+ Reply to Thread