+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree758Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Re: Grey's Anatomy

Oh, I also wanted to say that I'm so glad they're just working with the camera angles to try to hide Ellen Pompeo's pregnancy, rather than coming up with some half-baked plot twist. The angles will be strange and we'll be getting lots of close ups and shots from behind, but that's so much better than the Daphne overeating plot line that Frasier used, for example.

I thought it was a great episode. I don't think I have cried so much in two hours of tv. Hopefully this season keeps up some momentum and doesn't become meh again.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

I enjoyed it. I liked the angle of the stages of grief because that's so true. Everyone grieves so differently. Cristina finally broke at the end and when Mer broke down in the locker room that did it for me.

Sloan was in classic form tonight asking if George was hung. LOL!

Thought it was excellent. Interesting that it's now 40 days later. Wonder how the merge will go....

I loved the episode. Went through about half a box of tissues though..lol. George was my favorite character and I'm really sad to see him go. It will be interesting to see how they work around having Ellen and Katherine both gone for a bit. I guess we'll be seeing more of Lexi and Mark and Arizona and Callie.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Loved it and realized how much I missed the show. I am going to miss George. Loved the stages of grieving. Cried like a baby
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by marybethp;3710943;
    I enjoyed it. I liked the angle of the stages of grief because that's so true. Everyone grieves so differently. Cristina finally broke at the end and when Mer broke down in the locker room that did it for me.
    Sloan was in classic form tonight asking if George was hung. LOL!

Thought it was excellent. Interesting that it's now 40 days later. Wonder how the merge will go....
    That got me too. I was trickling tears through the whole episode, but Mer at the end really turned up the waterworks.
    I also giggle when I'm nervous and tend to make blunt cracks about things that other people might misread as me being insensitive. So I really apreciated how they explored all those different versions of grief.

I am scared for the merger. I can't imagine they'll only write off minor characters, someone core has to be going. I don't really want to see any of them go. Arizona is the only character I could do without, but because she is the pede's rockstar, to eliminate her would cut back or cut out all of the interesting peds cases, and I like those a lot. I wouldn't have minded them to just give Richard the boot like was planned earlier in the episode.

ETA: I am so glad Izzy told off Amanda. When she was marching over to her to do so I snapped at my husband "George died to give her life, and she's WASTING IT!! :nono"
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

FORT Fan

Was anybody else bothered by the fact that at the end when they were helping the amputee learn to walk, they were holding her up by her arms -- WHICH HAD JUST BEEN SEWN BACK ON??? Oh my God, I kept expecting them to tear off in their hands.

Quote Originally Posted by judibug;3711091;
    Was anybody else bothered by the fact that at the end when they were helping the amputee learn to walk, they were holding her up by her arms -- WHICH HAD JUST BEEN SEWN BACK ON??? Oh my God, I kept expecting them to tear off in their hands.
    I thought that was odd, as well.

Maybe with the merge, Izzy and Meredith won't make it. So, they aren't shown much and then they get hired on later? I'm just trying to figure out how they are going to work around them and their time off....
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Supposedly, Ellen Pompeo did a little filming ahead of time for the episodes she'd miss.... I think the writers' blog said she'd be in every episode.

Though I suppose some of it could also be flashbacks to prior episodes.

Just watched the episode where Denny dies and I've seen it three times.... it still gets me every time! I'm sobbing like a child right now.
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread