+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree758Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

FORT Fanatic

Re: Grey's Anatomy

BEST.SEASON.FINALE.EVER!!!!!!! !!!!

I haven't watched Grey's in a few months, but was really glad I watched last night's episode. OMG!!!!!

Alas, George and Izzie are my 2 favorite characters on the show. I will be disappointed to see either of them go but I have to agree that we are in for losing one or both. George unfortunately seems to be the more likely choice if only one is to go. I would rather see him go like this almost more than seeing him to go Iraq and get killed there.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3451221;
    I think the best thing about last night's show was that all of hte signs of what was going to happen were there, not so obvious it gave it away ahead of time (Like the wedding becoming Izzy's was) but obvious enough that once it was over, you could look back and say "oh yeah". When George was first brough into the ER, his face was covered, and they uncovered it in such awaythat you it made you feel like it would be someone you knew, but then you saw him and thought it wasn't. They were smart in referencing the 007 thing in talking about him in the army, to remind viewers of it before it was needed. Then they were talking about George all day, but you never thought about the fact that we didn't see him. So as soon as the chief said he hadn't scrubbed in, the gong went off. Brillant writing ... it was all there all along, but veiled just well enough to not figure it out.
    I agree and I thought it was interesting how everyone was describing George/John Doe throughout the episode. Arizona described what he was doing as awesome & among other things, as brave. The five bringing up 007 and in the OR, it being said that George is the guy that accidentally shoots himself with his own gun. The lady he saved thought he was ordinary when she first saw him but him saving her made her see him in such a beautiful light. All these things were George and that was the beauty of him. I really do think he's gone.

On a different note, I've always enjoyed each of the five but this season I've really fallen in love with Christina and Alex. I have a new appreciation for both, especially Christina.
    I've got that new "I'm a single girl swag"

Quote Originally Posted by psycobabe007;3451522;
    Alas, George and Izzie are my 2 favorite characters on the show. I will be disappointed to see either of them go but I have to agree that we are in for losing one or both. George unfortunately seems to be the more likely choice if only one is to go. I would rather see him go like this almost more than seeing him to go Iraq and get killed there.
    I agree. Going trying to help someone else is so very George and while he would be doing that in Iraq as well, getting in front of a bus for a complete stranger is more his personality as a person whereas saving people in Iraq is more of his personality as a doctor.

Someone texted me before I sat down to watch the episode that it was George so I knew all along (I forgave her, she thought I was watching it real time too) but still got chills when Merideth figured it out. I agree with the poster above since I saw them knowing as they happened, but the clues and the way they did it was extremely well done. You would definitely look back saying 'oh yeah' but it didn't show itself too soon or obviously.

I really liked the way they mentioned him as 007 so it was fresh in your mind when he scrawled it to Meredith.

What a great finale. Between this and Lost, I am spent!!
    Wag more, bark less

FORT Fogey

I still don't know what scene the 007 came up in, neither last night's episode, or in the past.

Can Ellen Pompeo win an Emmy for her reaction, when she realized who 007 is?

FORT Fanatic

007 was a reference from the very 1st episode. So many of O'Malley's patients died that he was (jokingly) referred to as 007 - he had a license to kill.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I've missed the 007 reference all along, including last night, so that bit made zero sense to me....

I agree PWS. It made no sense to me, either. Some comments have alluded to "if" George dies but I'm pretty sure he's definitely gone. Izzy sees dead people. I think her seeing him is confirmation that he is, in fact, gone. I also do not think the writers will do anything to save him. The scene, particularly with how well it was played out and that it was a surprise right up to the very end, is generating a LOT of talk. This can be an episode that will be talked about for years to come. I don't think they'd ever do anything to turn it into (as someone mentioned previously) a "Bobby Ewing wasn't shot, it was all a dream" fiasco. This whole Denny thing has turned a lot of people off. I doubt they'd risk turning more fans off by doing something so great with their writing then turning right around and negating their hard work.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Sure is a long time until September.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I think they are both dead....... which is why they saw each other in the elevator. Izzy doesn't normally see dead people and since the tumor was completely removed - she should not be seeing George. I guess they could spin in like they did Mer when she drowned???? But, I think they are both gone because they wanted to be.

Best episode all season!
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

+ Reply to Thread