+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree757Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Re: Grey's Anatomy

Chyler Leigh of `Grey's Anatomy' has baby girl

NEW YORK – "Grey's Anatomy" actress Chyler Leigh has welcomed her third child, a daughter named Anniston Kae (KAY).

A representative for Leigh says the baby was born Thursday morning at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles. Says publicist Marcel Pariseau (Pehr-i-soh): "Both mother and child are healthy."

The 27-year-old actress and her husband, actor Nathan West, have a 5-year-old son and a 2-year-old daughter. The couple have been married for almost seven years.

Leigh plays Meredith Grey's half-sister on the ABC medical drama.

Did anyone else think Merideth looked a little pregnant in the purple dress at the wedding?
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3441069;
    Did anyone else think Merideth looked a little pregnant in the purple dress at the wedding?
    Great show last night!

I didn't notice, but I am wondering whether they will write in her pregnancy or just overlook it?
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

I loved the show last night, well I actually watched my recording this morning. It was a tearjerker, especially since I'm nine months pregnant and EVERYTHING causes me to cry these days! I think the writers hit it out of the park last night with that episode. Its been awhile since I've seen that kind of show from Grey's.

I really enjoyed the show, too. But I'm more than a bit perplexed by Callie's sudden poverty. She's a resident and has to be close to finishing up. She's at the same stage of residency as Bailey, no? Wasn't Bailey was supporting her whole family on her salary while her husband stayed home with her son?

It's not like Callie's working for free, and she's sharing an apartment with Christina, so why would she suddenly be penniless even if her parents did disown her. She doesn't seem to have an extravagant lifestyle, so I can't imagine that she hasn't been saving some money if she was living off of a trust fund or family allowance before. How could she possibly be at a point where she didn't have $75 dollars left when she's getting a regular salary that probably doesn't totally suck? Maybe residents make less than I think, but people seem to manage to support themselves on a resident's salary, so what's the deal?

This part of her storyline isn't holding water for me.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss;3441566;
    I really enjoyed the show, too. But I'm more than a bit perplexed by Callie's sudden poverty. She's a resident and has to be close to finishing up. She's at the same stage of residency as Bailey, no? Wasn't Bailey was supporting her whole family on her salary while her husband stayed home with her son?

It's not like Callie's working for free, and she's sharing an apartment with Christina, so why would she suddenly be penniless even if her parents did disown her. She doesn't seem to have an extravagant lifestyle, so I can't imagine that she hasn't been saving some money if she was living off of a trust fund or family allowance before. How could she possibly be at a point where she didn't have $75 dollars left when she's getting a regular salary that probably doesn't totally suck? Maybe residents make less than I think, but people seem to manage to support themselves on a resident's salary, so what's the deal?

This part of her storyline isn't holding water for me.

Well she did say that her father had emptied her bank account, so that would have an impact on immediate cash. And in a comparison to Bailey, Baileywould have been living all this time on a budget to reflect the salary, while Callie would have taken on debt for things like rent, car, etc based on a larger budget that included both her salary and trust fund. So her monthly costs may be higher, because she'd had that money. If she's never had to think about money, and suddenly she is, then she's probably more overwhelmed by it than someone like Bailey whose had to think about money all along.

Premium Member

Last night's show just about ripped my heart out because today was my son's college graduation. It hit just a little too close to home, but fortunately everything went fine in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone;3441601;
    Last night's show just about ripped my heart out because today was my son's college graduation. It hit just a little too close to home, but fortunately everything went fine in real life.
    Wow. That would have been pretty traumatic to watch that show the day before your sons graduation. I'm glad that real life went smoothly, and congratulations to your son!

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

FORT Fogey

That thing about a father cleaning out someone's bank account was very odd.

How many adults allow their parents unlimited access to their bank accounts?

I can see that he might have access to a trust account if he were the trustee--but trustees have a legal duty NOT to clean out the beenficiary of the trust.

Sorry--but it makes no sense to me and reeks of a writer trying to make sure a character has a really hard time.

Quote Originally Posted by steppemaster;3441635;
    That thing about a father cleaning out someone's bank account was very odd.

How many adults allow their parents unlimited access to their bank accounts?

I can see that he might have access to a trust account if he were the trustee--but trustees have a legal duty NOT to clean out the beenficiary of the trust.

Sorry--but it makes no sense to me and reeks of a writer trying to make sure a character has a really hard time.
    Exactly! It felt far-fetched to me, too.

If the trust were revocable, he could certainly have revoked it, but I can't imagine that her personal funds were co-mingled with it. Likewise, if it was simply a matter of him having put money into an account for her, I don't think he would be allowed to empty the account without the permission of the co-signer on the account, would he?

+ Reply to Thread