+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree758Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

FORT Fogey

Re: Grey's Anatomy

I thought it was a great episode, but I think that ABC ruined it by promoting it in a way that gave it all away. When Justin Chambers was on The View, they started asking him questions about "will the wedding happen" and he was very elusive. The moment that happened, I figured that Alex and Izzy would get married instead of meredith and Derek. It was just too convenient to have Meredith and Derek get married that quick and easy. As a result, every single hint and nod they had last night that it would be those two getting married seemed so obvious, and so contrived. I missed having the surprise in it.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

What an emotional episode from start to finish. I cried my eyes out. I really hope that for Alex's sake they keep Izzie on.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;3439067;
    I read awhile back that ABC execs saw her in Spamalot and wanted her, and so basically let her choose what show she would join, and she chose Grey's. Her character was created entirely for reasons not related to the plot. And it kind of shows.
    I completely agree with this!

As a love interest for George...huh?
    As someone with whom Addison and Bailey can conduct a conversation?
    As a sex partner for McSteamy?
    To bring in interesting medical ortho cases?
    To fulfill fan need for token diversity in on-air relationships (gay/lesbian)?

The "I'm willing to give up my family and inheritance for the blond pediatrician" plot line doesn't work, when she isn't even comfortable enough with her to bring up the money-stress point before they go to dinner.

She's a talented actress wasted on this show...which has not IMO had a sustained multi-episodic run of good plot/character/scripting since Season 2.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3440660;
    I completely agree with this!

As a love interest for George...huh?
    As someone with whom Addison and Bailey can conduct a conversation?
    As a sex partner for McSteamy?
    To bring in interesting medical ortho cases?
    To fulfill fan need for token diversity in on-air relationships (gay/lesbian)?

The "I'm willing to give up my family and inheritance for the blond pediatrician" plot line doesn't work, when she isn't even comfortable enough with her to bring up the money-stress point before they go to dinner.

She's a talented actress wasted on this show...which has not IMO had a sustained multi-episodic run of good plot/character/scripting since Season 2.

I disagree - especially on the discomfort in telling Arizona about her money concerns. I think that often times, this show is guilty of advancing relationships WAY too fast. They go from attraction to rock solid intimacy in half an episode. But the slow, akward building of a relationship is more realistic. To me, the akwardness in not wanting to admit the issue to her was a reminder of how new their relationship is, and how they've both fallen hard, but are still getting comfortable with each other.

I like Callie's character, and what she brings to the show. To me, Bailey is the moral center, and Callie is the normal voice. The way that Callie reacts to a lot of things, to me, is like she's the personification of the viewer reacting like we would to the drama going on around her ... and the desire to jump in bed with Sloan.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3440664;
    I disagree - especially on the discomfort in telling Arizona about her money concerns. I think that often times, this show is guilty of advancing relationships WAY too fast. They go from attraction to rock solid intimacy in half an episode. But the slow, akward building of a relationship is more realistic. To me, the akwardness in not wanting to admit the issue to her was a reminder of how new their relationship is, and how they've both fallen hard, but are still getting comfortable with each other.

I like Callie's character, and what she brings to the show. To me, Bailey is the moral center, and Callie is the normal voice. The way that Callie reacts to a lot of things, to me, is like she's the personification of the viewer reacting like we would to the drama going on around her ... and the desire to jump in bed with Sloan.
    Excellent post!

Also, logging in and reading about all the crying that went on last night had me crying all over again at the computer. I'm such a mess I think that just cemented my Birthday present request this fall. Seasons 1- 4 on DVD. Since I only discovered Grey's mid last season, I think I have a lot of good stuff to catch up on and cry over
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;3440446;
    ^^They found another tumour on Izzie, when they tested and told her to see Denny again it turned out to be in a spot that may be impossible to operate. Derek was talking to Bailey asking what can he do to help her, next he is talking to Meredith who spoke to Alex. Izzie was getting ready for Meredith & Derek's wedding and asking Bailey what the hold up was, next thing Meredith is coming in with a wedding dress saying the dress doesn't belong to her. Then Alex comes in the morning coat and Izzie realizes Meredith is giving her wedding day away to her and Alex. She then is dressed up and looks beautiful and we see her stumble down the aisle where George takes the rest of the way and hands her off to Alex. Really beautiful and sad.

Paridy--thanks so much for this summary!

I was talking with a friend trying to help with a problem and obviously missed the developments that led up to the wedding.

And yes I was crying too.

For anyone who has been through the cancer of a loved one or friend, watching this is excruciating.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetNerd;3440683;
    Excellent post!

Also, logging in and reading about all the crying that went on last night had me crying all over again at the computer. I'm such a mess I think that just cemented my Birthday present request this fall. Seasons 1- 4 on DVD. Since I only discovered Grey's mid last season, I think I have a lot of good stuff to catch up on and cry over
    What made you decide to start watching and have you seen any episodes from previous seasons?

I thought KH and JC were at their best last night. It's so nice seeing Alex being a full blown man now. I really hope Izzie gets to live but I'm not betting on it.

I thought it was nice that Izzie finally told Denny to go away and her talk wuth Bailey and Derek about why she sees him and how Alex is her future. I'm still disappointed in the season's earlier plot with him but I think now we have finally seen the last of Denny (although I'm sure Shonda would find a way to work him into the series finale if/when that time comes).
    I've got that new "I'm a single girl swag"

Quote Originally Posted by lookinout2;3440851;
    What made you decide to start watching and have you seen any episodes from previous seasons?

I thought KH and JC were at their best last night. It's so nice seeing Alex being a full blown man now. I really hope Izzie gets to live but I'm not betting on it.

I thought it was nice that Izzie finally told Denny to go away and her talk wuth Bailey and Derek about why she sees him and how Alex is her future. I'm still disappointed in the season's earlier plot with him but I think now we have finally seen the last of Denny (although I'm sure Shonda would find a way to work him into the series finale if/when that time comes).
    My husband and I usually watch 'our shows' together. So when he would be at weekly band practice I had my choice between watching something he didn't care too deeply about (like ANTM) Or clicking around the channels to see what else was interesting. One day I stumbled upon an episode of Grey's and thought "Oh, I've heard of this.." Since I love anything medical or scientific I sat through the rest of the episode and liked it enough to make it a point to keep coming back each week. Then it became something I would make excuses to have to wait until he came home from practice to watch (so he would walk in on me) and then he was hooked too! Since then we've both been stuck. I heard so much about how the show had gone down hill, but for me it was the best I had ever seen it! So I am looking foreward to going back to the beginning and seeing it all play out the way nature intended

Quote Originally Posted by steppemaster;3440814;
    For anyone who has been through the cancer of a loved one or friend, watching this is excruciating.
    Yes. Yes it is.

I swear I used half a box of tissues last night. I think I definitely lost it when Alex came in the room with the morning coat on.

I do hope that we see a quick MerDer wedding next week . It was a lovely thing to do with them giving their wedding to Izzie and Alex but I want to see those two also have some happiness, even if it is for a little while. Knowing Shonda, its not going to last.

+ Reply to Thread