+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree665Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Re: Grey's Anatomy

Agreed, but overall I think the writing has been vastly improved. While we had some great storylines, the overall feel of the show to me was lacking during the 4th season. I still feel some of the best writing was the first season but this season is following as a close second.

Who is John Galt?

I love the relationship between Christina and Kevin McKidd's character. It is so heart wrenchingly tender and sad. They both feel such a deep connection, and a love-at-first-sight physical attraction that bonds them together. But his PTSD is tearing them apart and preventing them from going forward with their romance. It is beautifully written and there is tremendous chemistry between the two actors. I hope his PTSD gets cured eventually and the writers further explore the connection in this arc.

Derek and Meredith have finally met each other halfway, altho she is still damaged. Will they marry? Will they have kids? Stay tuned.

Lexi and McSteamy - he is such a hunk and she is so mousy - they just don't match (real opposites). I can't see what he sees in her and I see no chemistry between them.

Personally, I am not fond of lesbian love scenes (altho there is nothing wrong with it), so I DVR or VCR the show and speed thru those, but Callie should tell her family to butt out. If they don't accept her the way she is and who she loves, then too bad for them.

I think Izzy is a goner and George will not be able to handle it well. He is still in love with her and it will cause him to quit the hospital. That is how they will write our those two characters.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by aname2;3434192;
    I love the relationship between Christina and Kevin McKidd's character. It is so heart wrenchingly tender and sad. They both feel such a deep connection, and a love-at-first-sight physical attraction that bonds them together. But his PTSD is tearing them apart and preventing them from going forward with their romance. It is beautifully written and there is tremendous chemistry between the two actors. I hope his PTSD gets cured eventually and the writers further explore the connection in this arc.
    I totally agree. To me, those two are the "he wants her, she wants him, but they can't be together" drama that the writers always wanted for Meredith and Derek but it just didn't work. The issues that both of them have are real enough (unlike self-centered things surrounding Meredith and Derek) that you totally understand why they can't be together, but feel the hunger they're feeling everytime the two characters are in the same vicinity. They've had a heat between them from the first scenes they had together, and it is SO fun to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3433973;
    Except that, in that season when the writing sucked, Sandra Oh and Chandra Wilson DID get Emmy nominations. So to a degree, Katherine Heigl's issue had to have something to do with HER character's material, and not the overall material onthe show. Sandra Oh had the storyline of splitting with Burke and dealing with that. Chandra Wilson had the storyline of juggling her family and work - not to mention the overall depth to her character in general. So the writers did produce Emmy worthy material ... just not for the character of Izzy.

From that standpoint, I always though that KH's comments were rather self-centered for a member of an ensemble cast. It came across on some level as a belief that she should have been getting all the meat, which woul dhave to come at the expense of some co-star. With a cast as big as Grey's, doesn't there have to be some give and take? Some years, you get the storylines with some meat, and other years you take a backseat to a co-star's big moment.
    I agree. And she'd had some big stories in the past, too. To say nothing of the writer's strike interrupting the season and cutting arcs and storylines down.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3434202;
    I totally agree. To me, those two are the "he wants her, she wants him, but they can't be together" drama that the writers always wanted for Meredith and Derek but it just didn't work. The issues that both of them have are real enough (unlike self-centered things surrounding Meredith and Derek) that you totally understand why they can't be together, but feel the hunger they're feeling everytime the two characters are in the same vicinity. They've had a heat between them from the first scenes they had together, and it is SO fun to watch.
    That scene where she confronted him about all the strange little things he was saying to her was great! I loved when she said, "Take care now!" (or whatever it was) so that he knew that she wanted to be able to say, "I love you" too.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Just saw a preview where their hands were side by side on a railing and he inched his little finger over to touch hers. And he said his therapy is going better. Of course it would be a while before I"d literally sleep with him again if I were her, no matter what the therapist says!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by aname2;3434192;
    Personally, I am not fond of lesbian love scenes (altho there is nothing wrong with it), so I DVR or VCR the show and speed thru those, but Callie should tell her family to butt out. If they don't accept her the way she is and who she loves, then too bad for them.
    In general, the character of Callie doesn't do anything for me. Even though she's different from the rest, she's never really fit in to me and I've always thought her character could be cut.
    I've got that new "I'm a single girl swag"

Quote Originally Posted by lookinout2;3436482;
    In general, the character of Callie doesn't do anything for me. Even though she's different from the rest, she's never really fit in to me and I've always thought her character could be cut.
    I read awhile back that ABC execs saw her in Spamalot and wanted her, and so basically let her choose what show she would join, and she chose Grey's. Her character was created entirely for reasons not related to the plot. And it kind of shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;3439067;
    I read awhile back that ABC execs saw her in Spamalot and wanted her, and so basically let her choose what show she would join, and she chose Grey's. Her character was created entirely for reasons not related to the plot. And it kind of shows.
    I agree, although I've always enjoyed Callie, she does seem out of place (except for the scenes she did with Kate Walsh). Interesting to know that they created the character just for her. Unfortunately, her storyline just keeps going down the tubes.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3439551;
    I agree, although I've always enjoyed Callie, she does seem out of place (except for the scenes she did with Kate Walsh). Interesting to know that they created the character just for her. Unfortunately, her storyline just keeps going down the tubes.
    I love Callie.. I lover her character.. but yeah they tried to hard to make her fit in and its not really working.

Now i think SHE should have been the one to get the spinoff show. Bring Addy back to SGH.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

+ Reply to Thread