+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree665Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

FORT Fogey

Re: Grey's Anatomy

Maybe I'm the only one who doesn't know this, but is Izzie definitely going to die so KH can pursue a movie career? Anyone know?

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;3432041;
    Maybe I'm the only one who doesn't know this, but is Izzie definitely going to die so KH can pursue a movie career? Anyone know?
    I don't think that there is anything definite yet, all rumors and speculation at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by WrigleyDogA2;3432071;
    I don't think that there is anything definite yet, all rumors and speculation at this point.
    Frankly, I am happy with the story at this point. This is one of the first points after all the real life drama with KH and Shonda and TPTB that we are pretty much in the dark as to what is going to happen for sure. I would be disappointed if KH left since she is one of my favorite characters since the beginning of the series but if it happens it happens.

I do have to laugh a little, KH said she was not given Emmy worthy material last year, I beg to differ this year !

I thought Sharon Lawrence was wonderful as Izzie's mother. I really enjoyed their scenes together.

On a different front. I was checking at IMDB (just to make sure it really was Sharon Lawrence), and I discovered that the actress who plays Dr. Arizona Robbins is Kate Capshaw's daughter.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by psycobabe007;3432316;
    Frankly, I am happy with the story at this point. This is one of the first points after all the real life drama with KH and Shonda and TPTB that we are pretty much in the dark as to what is going to happen for sure. I would be disappointed if KH left since she is one of my favorite characters since the beginning of the series but if it happens it happens.

I do have to laugh a little, KH said she was not given Emmy worthy material last year, I beg to differ this year !
    Seconded! I think she has been fantastic this season.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss;3432353;
    I thought Sharon Lawrence was wonderful as Izzie's mother. I really enjoyed their scenes together.
    On a different front. I was checking at IMDB (just to make sure it really was Sharon Lawrence), and I discovered that the actress who plays Dr. Arizona Robbins is Kate Capshaw's daughter.
    She certainly can play a variety of roles.... I think the first time I saw her she was kind of the grande dame of troop of werewolves, very much the wife of the leader, so this (nice lady but) trailer trash role was a real contrast.

I forgot to mention that I thought Lexie looked very pretty this episode. It's rare we see her in full make-up plus she has the pregnancy glow.

The whole thing about actors complaining about not getting emmy winning material, well I'm sure that's true to some extent but it's also what an actor does with the material given to them that can really make a story come to life. I've seen some stupid or boring storylines but the actor is so good that it makes it worthwhile. Plus a lot of times it's all a popularity contest with the voters anyway. There are lots of deserving actors who get passed over year after year for someone with less talent and less of a storyline.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

FORT Fan

For me, I never took what KH said about Emmy worthy material in a bad way. I don't think she was necessarily complaining, more like stating something a lot of fans felt at the time, which was, the writing sucked.

I like that we don't know what's going to happen with this story. I've really enjoyed these last few episodes. I don't want Izzy to die but if it happens I'll be ok with it. I've sort of lost my attachment to the show anyway. The way I feel about it now is much different than two years ago. I wonder how much longer the show can last and still be decent.
    I've got that new "I'm a single girl swag"

Quote Originally Posted by lookinout2;3433776;
    For me, I never took what KH said about Emmy worthy material in a bad way. I don't think she was necessarily complaining, more like stating something a lot of fans felt at the time, which was, the writing sucked.
    That is more the way I took it. The writing was a little disappointing at times and while I think it may have been a little awkward how she went about it, it seems to have had a great effect.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by lookinout2;3433776;
    Except that, in that season when the writing sucked, Sandra Oh and Chandra Wilson DID get Emmy nominations. So to a degree, Katherine Heigl's issue had to have something to do with HER character's material, and not the overall material onthe show. Sandra Oh had the storyline of splitting with Burke and dealing with that. Chandra Wilson had the storyline of juggling her family and work - not to mention the overall depth to her character in general. So the writers did produce Emmy worthy material ... just not for the character of Izzy.

From that standpoint, I always though that KH's comments were rather self-centered for a member of an ensemble cast. It came across on some level as a belief that she should have been getting all the meat, which woul dhave to come at the expense of some co-star. With a cast as big as Grey's, doesn't there have to be some give and take? Some years, you get the storylines with some meat, and other years you take a backseat to a co-star's big moment.

+ Reply to Thread