+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree665Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

FORT Fanatic

Re: Grey's Anatomy

loved thursday's episode.

You can stop eating now. Oh thank god.

and I loved watching Callie freak out with her dad (in spanish no less). i'm glad they made her character turn around.

I like Derek and Sloan going at it.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;3423839;
    I think that Chyler Leigh will avoid missing time due to her pregnancy. Ellen Pompeo, probably not so much. How they will work that one, I will be interested to see.
    Maybe the "sisters" will take a bonding road triip!

LG.

If they are already hiding Lexie's visibly pregnant belly with silly over-eating plots, she would probably be at least 2nd trimester, so she may have her baby over summer hiatus from filming and not miss much. It sounds like Meredith's pregnancy is not as far along. Maybe they'll work it into the plot. After all, Mere and Der seem to be getting along well - time to throw them a new curveball.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

LG: I'm hoping that tptb have Meredith get pregnant. That, as you say, would make for interesting plots, it would hasten the wedding perhaps? After they got married it would also cause some angst down the road perhaps.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by LG.;3424511;
    If they are already hiding Lexie's visibly pregnant belly with silly over-eating plots, she would probably be at least 2nd trimester, so she may have her baby over summer hiatus from filming and not miss much. It sounds like Meredith's pregnancy is not as far along. Maybe they'll work it into the plot. After all, Mere and Der seem to be getting along well - time to throw them a new curveball.
    My guess is that filming is over for the season which is why Chyler Leigh shouldn't be an issue.

Premium Member

Last night's episode was great writing. Having the little girl with the abusive dad paralleling Meredith with her situation with her mom was brilliant. She finally told the Chief how she felt, and also Derek reiterating that by saying the Chief has always treated her like family. The Chief finally realizing that he never advocated on Meredith's behalf, like she did with the little girl, finally mending old wounds. Great job Shonda.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;3431110;
    Last night's episode was great writing. Having the little girl with the abusive dad paralleling Meredith with her situation with her mom was brilliant. She finally told the Chief how she felt, and also Derek reiterating that by saying the Chief has always treated her like family. The Chief finally realizing that he never advocated on Meredith's behalf, like she did with the little girl, finally mending old wounds. Great job Shonda.
    I agree that the parallel was great. And I also loved the way the chief responded when Meredith told him not to treat her like his kid, where he showed her exactly what it feels like to be "just one of many" to him. But as much as I enjoyed how that all played out, I was kind of puzzled as to how exactly that tension came to be. From the start of the show, didn't Meredith and the chief have a good relationship? I remember him always looking out for her, and Meredith finding some level of security in that. So it felt kind of contrived that all the sudden they were trying to sell us on their being this long lasting tension between them.

If I remember correctly, Meredith didn't know about the affair until later. So, maybe she started to put things together that made her blame the chief for all of her troubles??

FORT Fan

2boysmom, I think you're right. I haven't watched the old episodes in a long time but I think when the show started Meredith wasn't fully aware of the relationship between the chief and her mother. I think she thought they were just friends and never suspected anything more. The more she's learned, the more I think she's come to resent the chief. Not sure though if something more serious happened between the two during season 4 as I stopped watching for most of that season.
    I've got that new "I'm a single girl swag"

I was happy to see Meredith and the chief finally start to repair their relationship. I also noticed that Meredith was keenly aware that Thatcher's apology was directed pretty much only at Lexie. He rarely looked at Meredith while he was talking. When she realized it, that's when she got up and wished him well and left the room. I felt bad for her that he wasn't really trying to repair his relationship with her and I think the reason is maybe she reminds him too much of Ellis. And he didn't fight for her when she was a child and even now as a grown man he's more interested in Lexie than in her. She handled it maturely by saying what she did. I wonder if he'll try to crash the wedding though.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

+ Reply to Thread