+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree758Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Re: Grey's Anatomy

I admit I cried when the aunt finally passed away and the emotions came out of her family. It was well acted for sure.
    Yup, with donuts!!

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Wow, what a great episode last night. I think I cried for most of it. It was VERY well written.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

I saw the opening clip on The View. Whoa! This was a good episode.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3395054;
    I am probably the only person twisted enough to have gotten a kick out of the aunt that would not die! That was a nice little sidestory.
    I just knew they were going to cry when it finally happened! We have a member of our family or 2 like that. Everyone says "UG! I wish they would just hurry up and die already" But I know, we will cry for a long time when it does happen.

The one man's subtle little choke then tear up was amazing, it got me for sure.

The other part that choked me up was when Izzy told Baily the scarf was for her. That part moved me.

The end where Christina dumped Owen was very sad. I felt for her.. I wonder why she didn't just say "You need to get help for this OR I will have to leave" Perhaps she thought only actual leaving would be the motivation that he needed to take action.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetNerd;3395135;

The other part that choked me up was when Izzy told Baily the scarf was for her. That part moved me.
    I agree. I was also touched by the scene at the end where Bailey was wearing the scarf. I LOVE that aspect of Bailey's character -- those moments where one of the other characters acknowledges or recognizes what a truly deep and caring person Bailey really is. She's probably the kidest, gentlest, most sincere character on the show. Her toughness and drive for perfection keeps people from seeing it all the time. But that loving caring part of her is always there, and is what drives her, and it always touches me when they show someone else acknowledging it.

FORT Fogey

I only saw a few scenes at the end including the one of Izzie in bed with that very small "bandage" on her head.

Can someone tell me what kind of surgery or what procedure they were supposed to have done onhehr that resulted in what looked like a sweatband?

Thanks for info.

(I also saw the opening sequence on The View--very well done!)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by steppemaster;3395369;
    I only saw a few scenes at the end including the one of Izzie in bed with that very small "bandage" on her head.

Can someone tell me what kind of surgery or what procedure they were supposed to have done onhehr that resulted in what looked like a sweatband?

Thanks for info.

Derek did the brain surgery to remove the tumors that had spread to her brain, and it was a success. Her oncologist (did anyone else see "new chracter introduction" with her?) told Izzy that this was the first of a series of difficult surgeries and chemo / radiation treatments, and had a conversation with Christina about how Izzy would have to undergo one of the toughtest forms of treatment there is. So her blond hair behind the sweatband look probably won't be around for long.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3395145;
    She's probably the kidest, gentlest, most sincere character on the show. Her toughness and drive for perfection keeps people from seeing it all the time. But that loving caring part of her is always there, and is what drives her, and it always touches me when they show someone else acknowledging it.
    I agree. For me, she is the most fleshed out "real" character on the show.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Quote Originally Posted by steppemaster;3395369;

Thanks for info.

LOL. I thought the same thing. He had her head open and was cutting into her brain. How are we supposed to believe that he gained that access?
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetNerd;3395135;
    I just knew they were going to cry when it finally happened! We have a member of our family or 2 like that. Everyone says "UG! I wish they would just hurry up and die already" But I know, we will cry for a long time when it does happen.

The one man's subtle little choke then tear up was amazing, it got me for sure.

The end where Christina dumped Owen was very sad. I felt for her.. I wonder why she didn't just say "You need to get help for this OR I will have to leave" Perhaps she thought only actual leaving would be the motivation that he needed to take action.
    Regarding what I bolded above - I thought that his going to derrick, at the end, was his way of getting things together so that he could be okay for Christina. It's different for him to realize that he needs help and to be proactive about, as opposed to Christina telling him that he needs help. And I understand Christina leaving. How can you stay with someone that you're afraid of?

+ Reply to Thread