+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree663Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

FORT Fogey

Re: Grey's Anatomy

Quote Originally Posted by steppemaster;3383374;

I have a friend whose mother died of melanoma. My friend goes to the dermatologist every six months and has her whole body photographed and the photographs are compared to the previous ones to detect any new growths.
    That's the best way to address it. Regular self-exams are also needed, but they can't replace the expert eye of a dermatologist. My dad is a 30+ year survivor of melanoma. My family was blessed with a stranger being on the same beach as my dad one day, who noticed a mole on his back that didn't look right, and was kind enough to walk over to this complete stranger and encourage him to go see a doctor. He did, and less than a month later, had surgery to remove the cancer from his body. Fortunately for all of us, his had not spread, and that was the extent of his treatment. I will never forget that woman on the beach who I consider an angel. I don't know what her name is, and don't even know what she looks like. But I do know that not only did she save my dad's life that day, but she changed mine in ways that I'll never fully grasp.

I'm glad that Grey's is doing this storyline. They are not doing it in a preachy way that will turn people away. But they are including information in there which will help people understand the disease and the signs of it better. When it comes to the awareness needed for something like melanoma, every bit of education that can be spread around is for the better.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3383385;
    That's the best way to address it. Regular self-exams are also needed, but they can't replace the expert eye of a dermatologist. My dad is a 30+ year survivor of melanoma. My family was blessed with a stranger being on the same beach as my dad one day, who noticed a mole on his back that didn't look right, and was kind enough to walk over to this complete stranger and encourage him to go see a doctor. He did, and less than a month later, had surgery to remove the cancer from his body. Fortunately for all of us, his had not spread, and that was the extent of his treatment. I will never forget that woman on the beach who I consider an angel. I don't know what her name is, and don't even know what she looks like. But I do know that not only did she save my dad's life that day, but she changed mine in ways that I'll never fully grasp.

I'm glad that Grey's is doing this storyline. They are not doing it in a preachy way that will turn people away. But they are including information in there which will help people understand the disease and the signs of it better. When it comes to the awareness needed for something like melanoma, every bit of education that can be spread around is for the better.

My friend's mom's melanoma was on her back in an area that no one else ever saw.

Too bad that she was not fortunate as your father was to have an angel waiting nearby.

Quote Originally Posted by steppemaster;3383374;
    So sorry to hear of your family's loss.

And thanks so much for the info. You never know whose life you may be saving by posting current info on new treatments.

Sending thoughts for you and yours.

I have a friend whose mother died of melanoma. My friend goes to the dermatologist every six months and has her whole body photographed and the photographs are compared to the previous ones to detect any new growths.
    Thanks, Steppemaster, for your good thoughts.

It really is a strange thing to think that a little growth that might not even be noticeable can spread to the liver and brain without our knowing. The original melanoma that my cousin's husband had was years ago, and they had been monitoring him for a long time. I don't know it happened, but it somehow came back without being noticed until it was pretty serious.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Premium Member

Does anyone else think that Izzie is punching out the interns wow she is just mad. Yay more George tonight. And yikes Derek is turning into old Meredith what a friggin downer he is.

Someone should be punching out the interns
    Reality leaves a lot to the imagination. ~John Lennon

Write for HubPages.

Premium Member

Well I guess it was a love triangle not Hurricane Izzie.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

I absolutely loved last nights show. I am so glad Christina decided to tell the rest of the friends. They needed to know so they could be her support system
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

I hope Merideth decides to forgive Derek for being so mean and nasty to her eventually. He really does love her a lot.
    Yup, with donuts!!

I really liked the show last night--the first episode in a while that I thought was really good and didn't roll my eyes several times during it. I thought it was absolutely sweet what the online friends of the face transplant guy said--comparing him to a flower. I think it was good that Christina decided to go ahead and tell people. Izzie really needs them. I'm kind of on the fence about Derek and Meredith. he has a lot to do before she should take him back. I am not sure if someone were that cruel to me if I would take them back.

Somewhere between La La Land and Sin City

Last night's episode was great. The interactions between Cristina and Izzy were great. I loved how the group rallied around Izzy at the end and how she finally realized that is just what she needed as the online orchid friends rallied around their friend, the face transplant guy. Bailey, no matter how hard she tried to fix everything for everyone, just couldn't do it without the help from her friends, either. Her explanation to the Chief about Callie and Owen's disappearance cracked me up.

As for Meredith telling Dereck she wouldn't love him if he wasn't a surgeon... well, I think it's just a bit of tough love. He needs to realize that being a surgeon is an integral part of his identity. It's more than just a job.

I can't wait to see what happens next week.

+ Reply to Thread