+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree665Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

  1. #5061
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,318

    Re: Grey's Anatomy

    What if it's in a not readily visible location that is not frequently explored? Like, maybe between the toes? There are other places that I can think of, too, but I'm not going there.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  2. #5062
    FORT Fogey sukee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Kitchener
    Posts
    3,885

    Re: Grey's Anatomy

    Quote Originally Posted by steppemaster;3382540;
    Thanks so much for that info.

    They sure picked an interesting malignancy to give her. Melanoma ordinarily first appears on the skin and can be removed in very early stages and only metatasizes to internal organs when it is left completely untreated.

    Interesting choice of a cancer to give a doctor. Especially a very fair-skinned one for whom any dark or unusual growth on her skin should have been very noticeable by her and/or any oif her physician-lovers.
    I do recall her getting a mole looked at on her back.
    Reality leaves a lot to the imagination. ~John Lennon


    Write for HubPages.

  3. #5063
    FORT Fogey Miss_Griss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    3,198

    Re: Grey's Anatomy

    Quote Originally Posted by steppemaster;3382540;
    Thanks so much for that info.

    They sure picked an interesting malignancy to give her. Melanoma ordinarily first appears on the skin and can be removed in very early stages and only metatasizes to internal organs when it is left completely untreated.

    Interesting choice of a cancer to give a doctor. Especially a very fair-skinned one for whom any dark or unusual growth on her skin should have been very noticeable by her and/or any oif her physician-lovers.
    She went looking for a mole after she figured out what she probably had and found one in the middle of her back where she wouldn't have seen it, but I found it hard to believe that Alex wouldn't have seen her back at some point and noticed it.

    Nasty form of cancer is right! My cousin's husband just died of it. There's an experimental form of bio-therapy that he tried that didn't work for him but has been very effective for some other people. I wonder if they're going to find a way to pull her through it or if she's going to die.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

    But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

  4. #5064
    Wait, what? ArchieComic Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    The Farm
    Posts
    4,724

    Re: Grey's Anatomy

    Katherine Heigl quits publicly airing her various grievances = She survives
    Katherine Heigl continues to upset Shonda = She dies


    I wanted to smack Derek. Meredith has been dark and twisty and flip-floppy but she was never downright cruel to him.

    George is popping up a little more each week. I wonder if that means he's staying put.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

  5. #5065
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,318

    Re: Grey's Anatomy

    I would love it if he stayed!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  6. #5066
    PWS
    PWS is offline
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    15,402

    Re: Grey's Anatomy

    Maybe he's popping up more so that when he leaves it will have some meaning. Be a bummer if he left and we all said, George who?, since it had been so long since we'd seen him.

    Izzy also has very thick hair... it could have been on her scalp...along with between her toes not a place a lover would be likely to be eyeing closely.
    Of course given that her romance with her ghost is a symptom of the disease we are talking about a skin level melanoma a considerable time before that. So, she had a thing with live Denny for quite a while that involved no sex, so no "skin sampling", and then affairs in the supply closet... dark, rushed, so no time or good light for observation, and erratic often rushed/drunk things with George, so again, no good exam of her skin. So during the period when she could have been saved she might not have had the kind of loving that would have saved her.
    Had something removed between my toes once...dark, although they didn't say it was melanoma they definitely wanted it out, and it really was invisible--you had to pry the toes apart in a way you wouldn't do even if you were painting the nails.

  7. #5067
    Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    1,291

    Re: Grey's Anatomy

    Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3382910;
    Maybe he's popping up more so that when he leaves it will have some meaning. Be a bummer if he left and we all said, George who?, since it had been so long since we'd seen him.

    Izzy also has very thick hair... it could have been on her scalp...along with between her toes not a place a lover would be likely to be eyeing closely.
    Of course given that her romance with her ghost is a symptom of the disease we are talking about a skin level melanoma a considerable time before that. So, she had a thing with live Denny for quite a while that involved no sex, so no "skin sampling", and then affairs in the supply closet... dark, rushed, so no time or good light for observation, and erratic often rushed/drunk things with George, so again, no good exam of her skin. So during the period when she could have been saved she might not have had the kind of loving that would have saved her.
    Had something removed between my toes once...dark, although they didn't say it was melanoma they definitely wanted it out, and it really was invisible--you had to pry the toes apart in a way you wouldn't do even if you were painting the nails.

    With Izzy being so fair skinned and blond, it's possible that she freckles easily and didn't notice when a new freckle was actually a mole or bit of melanoma. I know that I freckle easily and would hardly notice if one of them, especially on my back, was something else.

  8. #5068
    FORT Fanatic talula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    I'm not sure really...
    Posts
    720

    Re: Grey's Anatomy

    Many people have regular moles that are not cancerous at all. So, it's also possible that the men she's had sex with may have seen a mole on her back or something and just assumed that it was always there and thought mothing of it Even if you've known someone for a while, if the mole is in an area that's usually hidden and you've only seen that area for the first time just recently, I don't think you'd question it. If she'd been with one of these men for an extended amount of time, they WOULD notice a new mole but if the mole had been there the whole time they were together, I'd think nothing of it.

  9. #5069
    A Meat Loaf Aday... ClosetNerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northern NY
    Posts
    2,946

    Re: Grey's Anatomy

    Quote Originally Posted by talula;3383105;
    Many people have regular moles that are not cancerous at all. So, it's also possible that the men she's had sex with may have seen a mole on her back or something and just assumed that it was always there and thought mothing of it Even if you've known someone for a while, if the mole is in an area that's usually hidden and you've only seen that area for the first time just recently, I don't think you'd question it. If she'd been with one of these men for an extended amount of time, they WOULD notice a new mole but if the mole had been there the whole time they were together, I'd think nothing of it.
    That is true too. I am a darn connect the dots puzzel of moles. Even after 9 years I highly doubt my husband would notice a new one, or 3.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

  10. #5070
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,229

    Re: Grey's Anatomy

    Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss;3382602;
    She went looking for a mole after she figured out what she probably had and found one in the middle of her back where she wouldn't have seen it, but I found it hard to believe that Alex wouldn't have seen her back at some point and noticed it.

    Nasty form of cancer is right! My cousin's husband just died of it. There's an experimental form of bio-therapy that he tried that didn't work for him but has been very effective for some other people. I wonder if they're going to find a way to pull her through it or if she's going to die.


    So sorry to hear of your family's loss.


    And thanks so much for the info. You never know whose life you may be saving by posting current info on new treatments.

    Sending thoughts for you and yours.



    I have a friend whose mother died of melanoma. My friend goes to the dermatologist every six months and has her whole body photographed and the photographs are compared to the previous ones to detect any new growths.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.