+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree665Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Re: Grey's Anatomy

This whole thing with Derek is getting old. Now he's being the one to push the relationship away. I realize he had valid points in his rant but he was just cold and mean to her!
    Yup, with donuts!!

FORT Fogey

Can someone tell me what's wrong with Izzy? I missed most of the show except for the part where she told what's-her-name but we didn't get to hear it.
    Thanks for info.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by steppemaster;3382111;
    Can someone tell me what's wrong with Izzy? I missed most of the show except for the part where she told what's-her-name but we didn't get to hear it.
    Thanks for info.
    She has a malignant melanoma which has metastasized in her brain and liver. Survival rate is 5% past a few months.

Cancer. Some sort of wicked nasty cancer. I'm pretty sure that was the actual diagnosis

Anyway, last night was full of great moments! I loved Karev again. And George.
    I loved Miranda getting yelled at for being a tattle tale(tail?)
    Husband and I both let out loud gasps at Derek batting the ring off into the grass.
    Mr Nerd muttered "Oh, that's just not Ok" It made my heart warm a bit

Edit: Opps, I guess Wicked nasty cancer wasn't technically correct. Thanks Veruka! *laugh*
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3382104;
    This whole thing with Derek is getting old. Now he's being the one to push the relationship away. I realize he had valid points in his rant but he was just cold and mean to her!

I couldn't agree more buglover. He was down right mean. If I were her, I would have smacked him right across the face.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

FORT Fogey

I had mixed feelings on that scene between Meredith and Derek. On the one hand, her saying she was not leaving and she was there for him was big, because it showed she'd overcome what had hurt them in the past from her. On the other hand, his anger and being downright cruel showed that he can't manage anger or frustration well. So it left you wondering why on earth Meredith would want to be with a man who handled his anger so poorly.

When Derek called her a lemon I let out a gasp... Wow a lemon. Acting was great. Roller coaster all over again. It's expected though. Not much of a surprise.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

FORT Fogey

what did he mean by lemon?

What is a Lemon?
    A vehicle that continues to have a defect that substantially impairs its use, value, or safety. Generally, if the car has been repaired 4 or more times for the same Defect within the Warranty Period and the Defect has not been fixed, the car qualifies as a Lemon. All States differ so you should consult the Lemon Law Summary and the State Statutes for your particular State. Note that the warranty period may or may not coincide with the Manufacturer's Warranty.

Do I have a Lemon?
    If the paint is peeling, the light switch came out when you pulled on it, the car makes "funny noises" but otherwise drives just fine, or you found 10 things you don't like about your new car but none of them prevent you from driving it, then No, you do not have a Lemon.

If the brakes don't work, the car won't go into reverse gear, the darn thing won't start on cold mornings or hot afternoons, the rear door opens all by itself, the driver's seat wobbles, or the car chugs along at 30 mph when it should be going 50 mph, then Yes, you may have a Lemon. Providing you've given the manufacturer an opportunity to repair the defect.

~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3382119;
    She has a malignant melanoma which has metastasized in her brain and liver. Survival rate is 5% past a few months.

Thanks so much for that info.

They sure picked an interesting malignancy to give her. Melanoma ordinarily first appears on the skin and can be removed in very early stages and only metatasizes to internal organs when it is left completely untreated.

Interesting choice of a cancer to give a doctor. Especially a very fair-skinned one for whom any dark or unusual growth on her skin should have been very noticeable by her and/or any oif her physician-lovers.

+ Reply to Thread