+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree758Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Re: Grey's Anatomy

I'm so glad one of them didn't fall over. That would have just been over the top, err over the side? haha

Anyway, it was a good fight. Also, I am really liking the sunshiny dimpled peds doc!
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sukee;3335916;
    For some reason, I think the fight was because of Addison, not Lexie.
    I never understood why Mark was so afraid to tell Derek that he and Lexie are involved. They're both adults, and Derek never seemed particularly protective of Lexie. So what that he's engaged to her sister? I don't get it ... does anyone? Am I missing something?

Another great episode. I sobbed when the husband was kissing his wife goodbye and fell apart. After almost 9 years, I still remember exactly how it felt to have someone you love so much pass away.
    Yup, with donuts!!

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;3336604;
    I never understood why Mark was so afraid to tell Derek that he and Lexie are involved. They're both adults, and Derek never seemed particularly protective of Lexie. So what that he's engaged to her sister? I don't get it ... does anyone? Am I missing something?
    I believe Meredith asked Derek to tell Mark to back off of Lexie when she saw them flirting way back when.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by teetoo;3336609;
    I believe Meredith asked Derek to tell Mark to back off of Lexie when she saw them flirting way back when.
    Exactly -- all the keeping little sloan away from little grey talk. I think that the basis of it (other than wanting a dramatic storyline) is that Lexie and Meredith are just starting to build a relationship. Remember, after things fell apart between Lexie and George, she was the "stray" that Derek brought home to Meredith's house. That was the beginning of Meredith figuring out how to accept Lexie, and it was prompted by her love and appreciation of Derek. So while neither of them may be extremely close at this point to Lexie, that relationship is growing, and it means more to both Meredith and Derek because it was a means of strengthening their relationship.

Add to that the fact that Derek knows Sloans history and Sloans ways better than anyone -- and his marriage fell apart because of it -- and he's going to be overly weary of that aspect of Sloan.

To me it looked like he would have hit Sloan no matter what he said.
    Reality leaves a lot to the imagination. ~John Lennon

Write for HubPages.

I immediately picked up on McArmy's statement about "prying the scapel out of her hand in 40 years", but wasn't surprised he had to point it out to Cristina. That seems kinda quick, but could just be part of the PTSD storyline. I like them together.
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own!" Adam Savage, Mythbusters

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01;3335993;
    I was expecting one of them to fall over the railing

I was, too, but I don't think that either of them would have let the other drop over the rail. They weren't fighting for their lives, nor do they hate each other; Derek just had some stuff that HE had to get out, and Mark had to hit him back! I get it. That was about Lexie, work, their past interactions/encounters....all that they had been through together. And Mark didn't break up Addison and Derek; Derek AND Addison, layed the groundwork for Mark and Addison. You can't get between 2 people unless one of the two people (or both of the people) has left an opening.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Interesting...I keep forgetting that Addison was a cheater, too (just like her brother).

About Derek/Sloan/Lexie. Too over the top. Lexie is a grown woman who knows Sloan's reputation and still chose to pursue him. Derek and Meredith need to back off and let her lead her own life (and make her own mistakes).

Loved the episode... reminded me of old Grey's... I was completely in awe of the acting job by the husband of the dead pregnant woman... He was FANTASTIC... I have seen him in a few other things but his scene when he broke down was terrific. Sobbed like a baby during that. On another note, I used to love Addison but I don't like her character anymore and she is a bore to me now and cannot wait until she goes back to Private Practice so she can bore people over there.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

+ Reply to Thread