+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree725Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Grey's Anatomy

See?? A gay storyline might not have been so bad for T. R. , after all. Unfortunately, they wasted a gay storyline on the women, and it looks like they are really grasping at straws. How many different women kissing different women is going to remain interesting? (The guys need not answer! )
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;3318933;
    Yeah, but it worked for some actors, like George Clooney. But then others like David Caruso never have that successful film career they thought they'd have and come back to TV. I can see Katherine Heigl having some success in romantic comedies for a while, but T.R. Knight? (Can't even remember if that's his name..."George" ) I'm not sure that he's unique/talented enough to find much success on another series or in films.
    I guess Caruso is a good example. He overshot and it affected his career. Took him almost a decade to make some sort of come back. It's a gamble being an actor because nothing is guaranteed. Big screen success doesn't come to just anyone, and for those who do get the opportunity, there are those who don't waste time in squandering the opportunity(Here's looking at you Tara Reid, Lindsay, etc). But anyway, my main point was that it's dangerous to leave any steady employment, even if it's showbiz.

eta: Hi Lois!
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

You're right! The object of the game, as I see it, is to keep yourself in the public eye.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3318947;
    I remember when Julianna Marguiles left ER, she said it was because she'd become bored with the character - it had nothing to do with thinking she could move on to bigger and better things. I can understand that. I can see where some actors would look at playing the same character year after year as being like a painter painting the same painting over and over and over again. Once you think you've explored all the angles, where is the challenge? if you've been on a hit show for several years, and invested your money right, you've got some flexibility to make decisions based on what you WANT to do instead of the work you NEED.
    Excellent point, and well said. Although Julianna had been on ER much longer then either Heigl or Knight have been on Grey's, but I see what you mean and agree.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

I think that in this economy, you'd better take security over selectivity, right now unless you are a really HUGE star.

I really liked this episode tonight. It made me realize how much I miss Addison on Grey's. I am beginning to really think that Izzie has a brain tumor--her forgetfulness, that time when she had a hard time grabbing the tape. I had a friend that seemed healthy, but had headaches, started getting forgetful, had an mri, a high grade Stage IV glioma discovered and she was dead not very long after. Izzie kind of reminded me of her when there were some issues, but no one suspected anything was wrong yet. Also the fact that the Crazy Intern (can't remember her name on the show, but she's played by Melissa George) cheated her way into the program and isn't competent--makes me think even more that she mixed up the test results of Izzie and that woman. I also think this would be a perfect way for the exit of her character--I think it would be a good storyline involving Alex's character. Maybe at first they didn't intend on killing her off and having Derek save her, but with news that she is leaving, they could change it to where she dies now.

I don't remember who mentioned this first. But I really do think that the let's make Callie a lesbian is getting old. I agree it would be much better if they got Hahn back (still get angry over that departure) and she and the peds get together and she thinks perhaps she and mark have something, maybe a little triangle with him, her and little grey.

About that pregnant woman, that would be a hard decision to make. I have 4 children and I couldn't imagine having to go through that with them. I was lucky to have perfect pregnancies.
    Last edited by Starbucks880; 02-12-2009 at 11:52 PM.

Premium Member

Well I counted about 5-10 minutes of George tonight, he announces he's leaving and suddenly he gets more airtime. . And when is Derek going to propose, come on already, I couldn't care less about Addison dancing in the bar. Yikes.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

T.R. Knight, Katherine Heigl Not Leaving Grey’s Anatomy

Grey’s Anatomy creator Shonda Rhimes wants to set the record straight: T.R. Knight and Katherine Heigl are not leaving the show.

“That was a very interesting rumor,” Rhimes said Thursday night at the 40th NAACP Image Awards in Los Angeles. “And it’s not true.”

Rhimes was referring to a recent comment in the press attributed to Grey’s castmember James Pickens Jr., in which he was said to be confirming the departure of Heigl and Knight.

“That was absolutely taken out of context,” said Rhimes. “Things happen, and … I think rumors become fact very easily. And you know I don’t like to tell you what’s going to happen on the show — but that is a rumor,” she emphasized.

For his part, Pickens says he meant to wish the pair well in general.

“We’ve been living with these rumors for a long time,” he said before the NAACP’s awards show. “When the question was posed to me, I was more trying to congratulate Katie and T.R. on whatever they were going to do. But yeah, I don’t have any special info about it either way.”

ABC’s Grey’s Anatomy took home three awards, including Chandra Wilson’s win for outstanding actress in a drama series. Wilson said she was looking forward to the show’s upcoming 100th episode — and insisted things were all good on the set.

“We’re laughing at the rumors, as we always do,” Wilson said before the ceremony. “Stories come out, and [there are] these big quotes, and we go, ‘But that’s not exactly what I said.’ So, we’re busy doing our jobs, doing our work.” – Sara Hammel

T.R. Knight, Katherine Heigl Not Leaving Grey’s Anatomy - PEOPLE TV Watch
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

FORT Fogey

Didn't Shonda also deny that Issaiah Washington was leaving before he left?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3319772;
    Didn't Shonda also deny that Issaiah Washington was leaving before he left?
    You are fast!!!

i also realized that George appeared more this episode. I think Addison belongs on Grey

+ Reply to Thread