+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree665Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

FORT Fogey

Re: Grey's Anatomy

Quote Originally Posted by Starbucks880;3315800;
    I agree with Veruka's analysis. I am not sorry to see either of them go, to be honest. I had read that they wanted to write George off in a way to allow him to return. I wonder if they will make Izzie die of whatever sickness she has. That would be the best exit for her, in my opinion.
    I think that Izzy dying would be the best exit, because it could mean so much for Alex's character. If she were to leave for whatever reason, then he loses a girlfriend and has gone through that before. If she dies, after the change he's made because of her, and the way he's grown, it would have a BIG impact that he could grow from for a while.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3315804;
    I think that Izzy dying would be the best exit, because it could mean so much for Alex's character. If she were to leave for whatever reason, then he loses a girlfriend and has gone through that before. If she dies, after the change he's made because of her, and the way he's grown, it would have a BIG impact that he could grow from for a while.
    And then Izzy can come back and visit him as a ghost!

And/or we can see Izzy and Denny making out in heaven!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3315804;
    I get where you're coming from and that probably would be the best exit, but I feel like we've already been there with Denny & Izzie. And to be honest, I'm not confident they'll do much more with Alex's character either.

I wonder why tptb decided to hook AI up if KH was leaving. Alex could've gone through a real change because of Rebecca/Ava/Jane Doe and been in a totally different storyline this season, instead of sticking him in a triangle with a ghost
    I've got that new "I'm a single girl swag"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by lookinout2;3316045;
    I get where you're coming from and that probably would be the best exit, but I feel like we've already been there with Denny & Izzie. And to be honest, I'm not confident they'll do much more with Alex's character either.
    I think that Alex coping with the death of a love would be totally different than Izzy doing so because the characters are so entirely different. Izzy is a big-hearted emotional person. She's always giong to carry her emotions on her sleeve. Alex is the polar opposite of that -- hardened and cold, just softening up a BIT because of Izzy. You put him through the heartbreak of losing Izzy via death, and he would not be the emotional basketcase baking muffins for anyone who would eat them. The complexity of softening for Izzy and then likely hardening again due to the heartache would be interesting both in his future personal relationships, and the optimism / pessimism that he'd approach his patients with.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3316067;
    I think that Alex coping with the death of a love would be totally different than Izzy doing so because the characters are so entirely different. Izzy is a big-hearted emotional person. She's always giong to carry her emotions on her sleeve. Alex is the polar opposite of that -- hardened and cold, just softening up a BIT because of Izzy. You put him through the heartbreak of losing Izzy via death, and he would not be the emotional basketcase baking muffins for anyone who would eat them. The complexity of softening for Izzy and then likely hardening again due to the heartache would be interesting both in his future personal relationships, and the optimism / pessimism that he'd approach his patients with.
    I agree, and I would think that would serve as a great exit for George - his inability to cope with Izzy's death and then walking off; while at same time giving him an opening should he want to return to the series in the future.

Personally, I've always wondered why actors would leave a successful series. Usually their careers tank shortly after, but this may have been on principal (because their stories have been so weak).
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

I'm surprised at the 'walkouts'. I don't put Hollywood beyond experiencing what we're all going through, with that said, i wouldn't be surprised if any actor nowadays preferred saying that they chose to leave, rather then saying they got a pink slip. Nothing is guaranteed, especially in showbiz. You're only as good as your last hit. I wonder if this is all going to play out.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Who says it's her choice to leave?

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3316216;
    Personally, I've always wondered why actors would leave a successful series. Usually their careers tank shortly after, but this may have been on principal (because their stories have been so weak).
    Yeah, but it worked for some actors, like George Clooney. But then others like David Caruso never have that successful film career they thought they'd have and come back to TV. I can see Katherine Heigl having some success in romantic comedies for a while, but T.R. Knight? (Can't even remember if that's his name..."George" ) I'm not sure that he's unique/talented enough to find much success on another series or in films.

FORT Fogey

I remember when Julianna Marguiles left ER, she said it was because she'd become bored with the character - it had nothing to do with thinking she could move on to bigger and better things. I can understand that. I can see where some actors would look at playing the same character year after year as being like a painter painting the same painting over and over and over again. Once you think you've explored all the angles, where is the challenge? if you've been on a hit show for several years, and invested your money right, you've got some flexibility to make decisions based on what you WANT to do instead of the work you NEED.

Quote Originally Posted by famita;3318705;
    Who says it's her choice to leave?
    Well, she has been very vocal about her dissatisfaction on Grey's, so it is not unrealistic that it is her choice. I don't blame her though, the way they have developed hers and George's characters and the storylines given has just been criminal. I think it would be time to move on. i do think TR Knight would be hard to find another job and might be like how David Caruso was, but Katherine Heigl might have more success.

+ Reply to Thread