+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree663Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Somewhere between La La Land and Sin City

Re: Grey's Anatomy

It's been a while since I've posted, but last night's episode really moved me.

The shower scene with Christina and McArmy was touching and very well played by both actors. After all he had been through with the war to be so nervous about a date, well, that made him getting in the shower with all his clothes on seem like a totally raw emotional reaction. And I loved how Christina was angry, frustrated and then so understanding until she finally got in with him.

Also loved Tyne Daly as Derek's mom. Couldn't help but laugh when she called McSteamy under the carpet for that guilty look on his face. And was very touched when she gave Derek the ring and spoke about her husband (mattress wearing unevenly) and how she knows the Meredith is the one.

The story line with Eric Stolz is fabulous. Can't wait to see what happens next week between him and the little boy, as well as if Denny can get through to Alex.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

The shower scene, with the drunk doc in there with all of his clothes on, told me that he is suffering with PTSD and is having a "B" of a time dealing with it. Cristina has finally found somebody who can give her weirdness a run for it's money; I think it's a good coupling. He brought out her softer side, and she stepped up to take care of him. Good/Great writing!

I liked the way they introduced Tyne Daly into the busy structure. I thought it was totally appropriate. You got a feeling of her importance to the characters, and she will probably be featured more at a later date. I really loved the way they did this! I'm guessing they are saving a busier line for her during sweeps, because she can definitely carry the weight.

The ethical dilemma involving the death row guy donating his organs is just fascinating to me. He's on his way to chosen brain death, aided by Meredith's information. I was thinking about something like that happening in real life, and while I can see it being a good idea to use his organs for good, I can see the legal wranglings. I would guess that they would have to get OKs from the families of the victims for him not to be executed by the state. I could see that being a hard decision. The "Why should he get to choose when our loved ones didn't?" questions coming up. But, then again, why waste perfectly good organs which can be used to save deserving people? Talk about opening up a can of worms. Would open the door for a lot of other manipulation, too.

Great night for Grey's last night!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

The writers couldn't really make Mrs. Shepherd formidable and larger than life, they already did that with Mama Burke. Lexie and Mrs. Shepherd was hilarious! Who but her would tell a perfect stranger how many sexual partners they've had. "7.. well 6 , well kind of 7"
    Fantastic show last night, I can't wait for next week, the writer's blog has hinted at some pretty big happenings.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

I think all you have to do to get lexie on her back is wave some candy at her.
    Someone please fire Denny already. Begone!
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3280107;
    I liked the way they introduced Tyne Daly into the busy structure. I thought it was totally appropriate. You got a feeling of her importance to the characters, and she will probably be featured more at a later date. I really loved the way they did this! I'm guessing they are saving a busier line for her during sweeps, because she can definitely carry the weight.
    I did, too. And I think having her in this week was vitally important to her acceptance of Meredith. She even cited Meredith's being a bit special because of her ability to empathize with a criminal on death row despite the heinous acts that he had committed.

But I do hope that this wasn't an isolated appearance and they have more for her than this episode. If this is yet another once per season appearance then I'd be bummed that they missed out on an even greater opportunity.

I've seen each episode this season and for the life of me, can't seem to remember 2 things:
    1. What is Christina and Meredith fighting about?
    and
    2. When did Little Grey and George move back into the house?
    Thanks in advance!!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by babs1003;3282074;
    I've seen each episode this season and for the life of me, can't seem to remember 2 things:
    and
    Thanks in advance!!
    1. Not exact but Christina knew the interns were cutting themselves and didn't report it, so either Meredith is mad that Christina knew or Christina's mad that she took the fall. somehing like that.

2. no idea

FORT Fan

and
    Thanks in advance!!
    If I remember correctly, in regard to 1) when Chief called Christina and Meredith into his office about what the interns were doing (practicing on each other) Meredith turned to Christina and said something like 'you knew about this?', Christina felt Meredith should have had her back since they both supervise the interns b/c that's what friends do, protect each other. Chief then only punished Christina by not letting her get the solo surgery she earned. She's been mad at Meredith ever since.

In regard to 2) I'm guessing so if anyone knows for sure please respond. What I think is Little Grey moved in after George stood her up (after he passed his exam and left her waiting outside and he went to the bar), I remember an episode right after that where she finally said something to him about him being stupid or dumb (for not realizing she had feelings for him). Think she went to Meredith's right after that.

Quote Originally Posted by angelwings;3282204;
    If I remember correctly, in regard to 1) when Chief called Christina and Meredith into his office about what the interns were doing (practicing on each other) Meredith turned to Christina and said something like 'you knew about this?', Christina felt Meredith should have had her back since they both supervise the interns b/c that's what friends do, protect each other. Chief then only punished Christina by not letting her get the solo surgery she earned. She's been mad at Meredith ever since
    Didn't the Chief also give Meredith the right to choose who she thought should do the solo surgery... and she didn't choose Christina. (I didn't watch the episode after he gave her the right so I don't know who she did choose.

I've only had one eye on this show this season so I'm not always catching details.

Thanks in advance!!

You'll remember... Derek pestered Meredith about getting everyone to move out because the house was like a college dorm. Then at the end of the episode Derek saw Lexie at the hospital with her heart broken and 'he brought home a stray'. Oh and Mark said "take her home, or I will" I guess Lexie just never left lol
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

+ Reply to Thread