+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree663Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

FORT Fogey

Re: Grey's Anatomy

If Denny and Izzy were taken out of last night's show, I kind of liked it. It wasn't a "holy cow, that was outstanding" kind of episode, but it entertained me. I liked the patient storylines -- the boy was very compelling, and the reactions and challenges to the death row guy were interesting too. I love the relationship between Sloan and Callie -- she makes SUCH a better "best friend" for him than Derek does! So I don't mind anything they come up with for those two to do as long as they're playing off of each other.

FORT Fan

I'm a fan of Eric Stoltz so I was interested in the death row patient storyline -- it was okay, I'll wait to see where it goes next week. What I hated in last nights episode (other than everything Izzy) was Meredith's reaction to Derek when he told her his dad was murdered. She says nonchalantly 'I'm sorry, it's been a bad day' and then goes on to feel sorry for herself b/c Cristina is not talking to her. What the heck was that, your fiance just told you his dad was murdered -- how about a reaction! I've never been a Meredith fan -- I wanted him to break up with her right there, instead he tries to cheer her up by being Cristina and tries dancing the blues away with her. It was so uncomfortable watching Patrick Dempsey dance and I'm a fan of his too (Eric Stoltz, Patrick Dempsey... I was a teenager in the 80's can't blame me!).

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;3271124;
    I was watching last night's episode and was really, really bored. The whole no sex with interns thing between Sloan and Callie was ludicrous. The whole chief in isolation and no one can bother him (aka talk to him) was unbelievable. I can take ludicrous and unbelievable, but it was just BORING. I'm so disappointed in this show. The one part I liked was at the end when Alex realized the kid really was dying and signed the wish form for him.
    I am disappointed in the show as well, I wonder if they are doing that new guest writer each week thing still or if these are the regulars? I remember reading a while back that Shonda would discuss the script and what she wanted to happen and the guest writers would do the rest.

I feel the writing style is very different from last season, and think the show is spiraling downward. The fact that we have to see the whole preposterous Denny storyline in each show is BORING.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Per the writers blog, this one was written by Debora Cahn. She's been around since season three. Ultimately, though, Shonda is the showrunner so she has the final say in what happens on the show.

FORT Fanatic

for tonight's episode.

Quote Originally Posted by alizarules;3279688;
    for tonight's episode.
    Ditto! I loved tonight's episode. Eric Stolz is great.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Fantastic, deep episode...and that has nothing to do with the hunky men in the show. It's the plot line.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Premium Member

I loved Tyne Daly as Derek's mom, hope she comes on again. I love that she finally accepted Meredith when Meredith finally decided to be herself instead of the Stepford version of the perfect girl. LOL. Eric Stoltz has been great as the creepy death row inmate, I smell guest star Emmy nom next year for him.

FORT Fogey

I love the ethical delimma they've been exploring with the boy / murderer storyline. It's interesting and makes you think. I love a storyline like that where you can really see and appreciate everyone's conflicting point of view. And I think that Eric Stoltz has done and OUTSTANDING job with his character. He's played it on such an even level that you're not quite sure if he's evil and manipulating, or if he's facing the end of his life and having a real turnaround.

I was kind of dissapionted that they chose to mix Tyne Daly's appearance among all of that going on. I love her, and she was outstanding in the role. But I think it got a little lost among everything else that was giong on. For an actress like that, with a potential of a role like that, I wish they'd waited a few weeks, brought her on, and let her be the presence she really SHOULD have been. (sidebar: I heard Tim Daly laughing in an interview not too long ago about the irony of his character on Private Practice hooking up with Amy Brennaman since she played his real life sister's fictional daughter on Judging Amy. Now, the twists and turns of that real life / fictional links can go a little deeper with Derek's fictional mother's real life brother having hooked up in the past with her fictional ex-daughter-in-law).

I'm still going hot and cold on the whole Christina and McArmy hook up. I love them together, and want them to be a couple. But there are just some things about it all that they make so darn weird. Going down to the steam vent was touching, but at the same time flat out strange. His being in the shower with his clothes on was flat out weird, her getting in there with him was flat out weird, but at the same time, there was something that was both hot and romantic about it. And I've finally come to the conclusion that the actor who plays McArmy, while hot, needs to do something to his teeth. The way they're set in his mouth, I keep on seeing him as a vampire.

My DVR didn't record this again I'll have to wait till my new computer comes in the mail to buy it on itunes! arg
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

+ Reply to Thread