+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree758Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Re: Grey's Anatomy

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3247934;
    I really wish they'd stop trying to make Callie bi-sexual. We get it. It doesn't have to be thrown in our faces and that whole scene seemed so unreal. Her bumping into the chair and getting all giddy around Sadie made me turn the channel.
    I agree, plus she has such great chemistry with McSteamy--why try to force that angle? They can try to make her bisexual until they are blue in the face, but they can't make it believable with her. I definitely didn't believe it with Erica and I don't believe it with Sadie either. And I thought the scene with McSteamy and Lexie was kind of creepy--what were they thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3248099;
    Click to see Spoiler:
    He's not much of a reason to watch for me anymore. If he and Lexi had gotten together, it would have been great but he has disappeared into the background. He should perform the surgery on Izzy and when she dies, he leaves the hospital because he feels so horrible!
    There, I wrote the script for that episode!!
    Great storyline, buglover! Now if you can figure a way to make the interns go away, too, then you'd have a perfect episode!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;3248254;
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I get that he doesn't have much in the way of storylines on the show right now, but frankly, what else is he going to do? It's not like he has a burgeoning movie career like Princess Heigl.

Throw this onto the list of items that speak volumes about Shonda Rhimes' capabilities as a showrunner. She's really not a very good one.
    I agree. I really hope they don't ruin Private Practice too.
    I don't think it's a coincidence that the show started to go downhill when Kate Walsh left.
    I marvel at the sheer arrogance that makes the writer's, producer, whoever think the Izzy/Denny storyline is going to fly.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Starbucks880;3248357;
    I agree, plus she has such great chemistry with McSteamy--why try to force that angle? They can try to make her bisexual until they are blue in the face, but they can't make it believable with her. I definitely didn't believe it with Erica and I don't believe it with Sadie either. And I thought the scene with McSteamy and Lexie was kind of creepy--what were they thinking?
    As much as I love her chemistry with Mark, I would rather them continue down this storyline with Callie than put her together with Mark. There's little doubt in my mind that they'll ruin that chemistry at some point by making them a couple. But I think that they are one of those couples like Sam and Diane on Cheers or Ross and Rachel on Friends who are MUCH better as a "They want each other, but they don't" couple than they would be as a couple who was actually together. Apart, that flirtation and heat is there, and together, it would go away. Not to mention that Callie is the character who pulls the kind friendship out of Mark more than anyone else, and I don't think that would be the same if he was her boyfriend instead of her friend.

FORT Fogey

anybody tired of denny storyline? he isn't cute anymore. Go away!!

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3247942;
    Lexie definitely has "daddy issues". I think that she illustrates that Meredith's life would not have been better had her dad not left her mom. I think the show would be far more interesting if Meredith would realize that, and they'd explore THAT aspect of each of the characters than for them to do it the way they have. Meredith has bounced around from this perception that her dad was a useless man who abandoned her mom and this perception that her mom was too tough on her, and life would have been better if her dad would have been around to love her. Lexie could be used in a very good way to dispel that , if only they'd go there.
    ITA Veruka! Great observations. I hope the writers will create some interesting story lines revolving around this issue. You listening Shonda?
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobson00;3248550;
    anybody tired of denny storyline? he isn't cute anymore. Go away!!
    Yes, I agree but TV Guide printed a spoiler
    Click to see Spoiler:
    that Denny will be around through February
    giving me reason to wonder whether I should drop the show for a couple months now.

Has this show "jumped the shark"? I don't know - what do you all think?
    If there is an actor's strike I shudder to think if they will ever have enough time to bring this show up right.

Just an extra piece of information for those hoping to see Izzy dead soon...... just because someone has an
    Click to see Spoiler:
    aneurysm
    does not mean the surgery will be unsuccessful. Many come through just fine, especially if they are as young as she is. I like Alex and Izzy and if they could make that right - I am OK to continue to watch that storyline.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Wow, that's a long time to string this storyline along. I may stop watching too for a couple of months and pick it back up once they finish that story.
    I'm not sure it's jumped the shark but it sure has gotten lame this season.
    Yup, with donuts!!

FORT Fanatic

Are we getting any new eps before February though? I'm still loving the Denny but am tired of that storyline. They should have him haunt the hospital and show up randomly. Then we can play "where's Denny" a la Where's Waldo

Who is John Galt?

I am growing very weary of this show - again. Halfway through last season I abandoned ship because I hated the George/Izzy storyline and Meredith/McDreamy weren't together anymore. This season I started having hope, but lost it with the Callie bi-sexual storyline. It didn't ring true. She seems way more interested in Mark but seems to want to be a lesbian. It doesn't make sense, but there it is. The Denny/Izzy storyline, while they have more chemistry than George/Izzy or Alec/Izzy, the story is just ridiculous. McDreamy/Meredith are back together, so their interactions are now limited. However, the only storyline I like is the Christina and New ER dock - wow. But I like Private Practice way more.

+ Reply to Thread