+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree663Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Re: Grey's Anatomy

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3247932;
    Was it really necessary for Lexie to ask Sloan to "teach me" so many times?
    That part made me make a stinky face.
    Lexie reminds me of the type of girl who always has a crush on Father figure type men. School teachers. College Professers. Her Bosses... Heck, she would probably have been a girl in a lifetime network movie of the week who had a crush on her stepfather or friend's dad.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetNerd;3247940;
    That part made me make a stinky face.
    Lexie reminds me of the type of girl who always has a crush on Father figure type men. School teachers. College Professers. Her Bosses... Heck, she would probably have been a girl in a lifetime network movie of the week who had a crush on her stepfather or friend's dad.
    Lexie definitely has "daddy issues". I think that she illustrates that Meredith's life would not have been better had her dad not left her mom. I think the show would be far more interesting if Meredith would realize that, and they'd explore THAT aspect of each of the characters than for them to do it the way they have. Meredith has bounced around from this perception that her dad was a useless man who abandoned her mom and this perception that her mom was too tough on her, and life would have been better if her dad would have been around to love her. Lexie could be used in a very good way to dispel that , if only they'd go there.

SHOCKER! Well, for me it is

Click to see Spoiler:
    http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2008/12/post.html

The revolving door at Grey's Anatomy has taken another shocking spin.

Multiple sources confirm that T.R. Knight has asked to be released from his contract, a request that both ABC and Grey's show-runner Shonda Rhimes appear poised to grant. "They're working out the details now," whispers an ABC insider. (A network rep was unavailable for comment.)"

Well, I can't say I would be unhappy about this. I haven't liked George since he dumped Callie for Izzy!
    Phyllis Newman.....Proof you can't turn a ho into a housewife.

Interesting.

Click to see Spoiler:
    I think he's been rather a non-entity this season. I know he has had storylines, but I don't recall anything that he could sink his teeth into as an actor and I don't remember his storylines being particularly pivotal to the plot. Perhaps I'm just forgetting his arc for this season. I rather like him, but it wouldn't bother me greatly if he left...he can take Heigl with him if he likes.
    It feels like there are too many characters now. I think the show worked better with the original main group of interns being the primary focus.
    "That's Numberwang!"

In the "supposed" warm south where it's been cold for weeks.

Hmm interesting indeed.

Click to see Spoiler:
    I guess I can see his point though since he has been so non-existent this season. He had some cute story lines in the past with the Chief and Bailey's baby but nothing since he passed his test.

Also, I heard something briefly over the weekend on one of the celebrity news shows while flipping channels that I cannot recall the details 100% but (putting this in spoiler tags as some might see this as a spoiler)...
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Apparently Kevin McKidd (McArmy) is in talks for a movie for the HBO show Rome and if the movie goes through he will not be able to be on Grey's for awhile, but they said he will be back and expect some hot scenes with him and Christina. Like I said, those details might not be 100% since I caught it late, but it does give some insight as to what might be happening.

Click to see Spoiler:
    He's not much of a reason to watch for me anymore. If he and Lexi had gotten together, it would have been great but he has disappeared into the background. He should perform the surgery on Izzy and when she dies, he leaves the hospital because he feels so horrible!
    There, I wrote the script for that episode!!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Nice storyline, buglover.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Click to see Spoiler:
    I get that he doesn't have much in the way of storylines on the show right now, but frankly, what else is he going to do? It's not like he has a burgeoning movie career like Princess Heigl.

Throw this onto the list of items that speak volumes about Shonda Rhimes' capabilities as a showrunner. She's really not a very good one.

This spoiler is all over the main news pages now.. so I don't know how spoilerish it is but I'll spoiler mine, too.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Shonda has been playing the "viewer reaction" litmus test bigtime this season. So I think what probably happened is she had intended to pair up George and Lexie. Viewer reaction probably wasn't positive so she has decided to scrap it. Kind of the opposite to McArmy/Christina. He was only lightly written into the show and then viewer reaction was so positive that they added him as a full time cast member. Expect more of him in 4-5 episodes. But if he's in talks to leave for a movie... we might only get him back for the rest of the season, eh? That would suck.

FORT Fogey

Well far be it from me to be the one to end the spoilers --
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I've read a lot of gossip reports that indicate that problems with TR Knight behind the scenes are the reason for this, and not necessarily viewer reaction. There was a blind item in a somewhat reliable gossip column last week about a TV star who doesn't know yet that he's being fired, but he is. It had Grey's written all over it. The report essentially said that he's difficult behind the scenes, constantly challenging everything the producers are doing, and they're sick of it.

+ Reply to Thread