+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree665Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Re: Grey's Anatomy

I like the Denny storyline. Would like it even more if they cut out Izzy
    LOL! I would totally love that, too!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

There wouldn't be any point in him being around without Izzie, would there? He has no connection to anyone else that I can remember.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by helpmeturnitoff;3239270;
    I like the Denny storyline. Would like it even more if they cut out Izzy I'll admit the like is all due to my huge Denny crush (can Jeffrey Dean Morgan make puppy dog eyes even hotter?!?) and since the writers have managed to keep me entertained since the very first episode I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the ride. And the Denny view. Then decide later if the trip was worth the price of admission.

What I'm not liking is Sadie or the interns. A secret operation? Seriously!?! And I loved Bailey's "I raised you right" speech. It's past time they started stepping up and teaching. You'd think one of them would wake up and realize it's not just how they perform, it's how their interns perform that'll impress their bosses. I'm just waiting for the storyline where they set their interns up to compete against each other.

And what's with the lack of George? C'mon, as much as I love Denny I'd give him up to see a George storyline. One that doesn't involve Lexie's whining (or Lexie at all).
    Instead of writing the exact same things as you, can I just second your post?!?

I just love having Denny back on my tv so I don't really care what the storyline is. And I actually *like* seeing him & Izzy sharing those moments they didn't get to have before he kicked the bucket...

I mean, let's face it-- are we REALLY going to dissect Izzy's ability to see him? We did, afterall, have Merideth communing with her dead mother as well as Denny when she jumped off the pier...

I just hate knowing that Denny won't be sticking around...
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Finally got to watch one of my backlogged GA tapes and, lucky me, it was Izzie and Denny on the red satin sheets. I don't really see how they are going to make this work out w/o Izzie needing psychiatric treatment, but I don't much care if I get to see Denny---although I admit I did like him better in the hospital with a bit more scruff on the face than he has now.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3238517;
    I absolutely LOVE the evolution of Mark Sloan. They have beautifully evolved him from the hot guy you just want to look at to the hot guy you want to look at, but has a really good heart, but not in wimpy boring McDreamy kind of way guy. He is hands down my favorite character on the show now ... and not just because he has the ability to come walking out of a bathroom wrapped in a towel ... although if the writers would like for him to do that again, I'm fine with it.
    (especially the thing about the towel ) That's one of the strengths of this show: the characters evolve and become multi-dimensional instead of archetypes. I love that Mark has become a person instead of just the resident man ho. I'm especially enjoying his friendship with Callie. I'd love to see those two get more serious. It would be interesting to see how both characters react to the situation.

I stopped watching the show early last season. It wasn't a conscious decision: I just forgot it was on. When Kevin McKidd was cast, I started watching again. Not only am I loving him, but I find I'm enjoying the show again....except for the gratuitous scalpel-cutting-flesh shots *shiver* I'm a wimp, so I tend to watch those scenes through my fingers!

I'm eager to find out what Dr. Hunt's story is. Kevin McKidd is doing a great job - I could watch him all day long. Not only is he sexy as hell, he's a great actor. Cristina definitely isn't used to being with a man who's, seemingly, as closed off as she is.

I don't know much about hospitals, but wouldn't those interns have gotten more than just probation for operating on each other?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Frankly I think they would all have been fired. But then in reality you'd never get only one intern backing out of what is clearly CLEARLY a very wrong situation. In fact I can't imagine any intern doing what they thought was a completely gratuitous operation on someone--a complete violation of the First do no harm rule--operations ALWAYS involve some risk. The whole scenario was nutso.
    But then Izzie is having sex with a ghost so we obviously aren't holding this show to a standard of reality....

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Incubus? Succubus? These are spirits that have sex with you while you sleep. Check your local dictionary!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3239383;
    There wouldn't be any point in him being around without Izzie, would there? He has no connection to anyone else that I can remember.
    Yeah..thing is..I don't care. They could make Denny the hospital janitor for all I care, I just want to look at him

What is the irony of my first post on this board NOT being about a reality TV show? LOL

I'm a little worried about this turn of events. As self serving as it is to have Denny back so I can have 3 sexy men to drool over while watching the show (I feel selfish about that, but I'll get over it I'm sure), the show has now taken a rather distinct and direct turn in the direction of the bad soap opera relm. (Ah-la possessions, alien invasions, Elvis returning, etc.) Not that there is anything wrong with these plot lines, but they have a time and place.

It's just sad because I know it hearlds the coming of the end of this show, and I like staring at Patrick Depsey too much to have it end. Oh well. That's why there is TIVO and DVD's I suppose.

I think somewhere along the way Shonda became too complacent with the success of the show and she started trying out her wacky storylines. Season 3 was the beginning of the downward spiral, imo. I liked the Izzy/Denny storyline but they made the choice to kill him off and they need to live with that decision. Shonda has said Izzy doesn't have a brain tumor. For me, that would be the only explanation I'd like to accept. It doesn't mean they have to kill her off - Derek could certainly save her life. But if it's some sort of mental breakdown, then I'm not really liking that scenario. I guess we'll see in a few more episodes where Shonda is coming from but she has been off her game for quite some time.

Not liking Sadie - send her packing. Love Mark Sloan. What happened to George? He's had no storyline ever since he passed his exam. I like Lexie and wish there wasn't this whole "practicing on each other" story. Loving the transformation of Alex but I feel like the rug will be pulled out from under us. He's prone to show his ass again, because that's how they've been writing him. One step forward, two steps back. You can never get too comfortable with him becoming softer. Hopefully this time it's real progress.

I also liked the irony that George thinks Lexie should have told him she was in love with him, yet he pined after Meredith for three seasons and never got up the courage to tell her how he felt (and then when he did, it turned into a big mess).
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

+ Reply to Thread