+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree663Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Re: Grey's Anatomy

Take her Denny--Take her with you. Sorry, but Izzy is annoying, boring, and her storylines really are crap now. Katherine was right to complain and turn down the Emmy nod, and no wonder she wants to leave... Not only that, but she looks terrible. Bloated. Bad hair. Just bad. Take her, Denny.

FORT Fan

^^ really you think she looks bad? I was just thinking that she looks good. I think it was two episodes ago when I thought KH was looking as beautiful as her Roswell days (I miss that show)

They have sort of trampled all over Izzie though. For the most part, I blame the George relationship. They could've done some great stuff with Izzie after losing Denny but they failed. I think they know they failed, and the writers are going back to what they think is the only time Izzie was really liked...and that was with Denny. However I loved Izzie long before Denny came along. I loved her after she left but her whole thing with George was just a big turnoff.

As for the theory of this being KH's exit, I could totally see that happening but the only problem for me is that the story loses a little bit of impact because 1) Denny has already guided around Meredith in the "other world" and 2) Izzie is still functioning in the real world, so is she only going crazy half the time, will Izzie just pass out one day and then Denny will be "this is why I came," I'm not quite sure how the writers would tell that story and have it believable. Someone else mentioned them jumping the shark...I don't think they've done it yet but they're on their way.

Someone else mention thinking that Izzie will have to choose between dying and being with Denny or living. That's my theory as well. I think they'e going to show us what the relationship between DI would've been like had he lived, Izzie will come to a crossroads, choose life, then hopefully Denny will finally r.i.p. It would've been really nice though had they ended the story with Izzie watching Alex burn the sweater.

And props to Sara Ramierez for her breakdown after they loss the homeless guy. One of the few scenes I liked last night.
    I've got that new "I'm a single girl swag"

Quote Originally Posted by lookinout2;3234778;

They have sort of trampled all over Izzie though. For the most part, I blame the George relationship. They could've done some great stuff with Izzie after losing Denny but they failed. I think they know they failed, and the writers are going back to what they think is the only time Izzie was really liked...and that was with Denny. However I loved Izzie long before Denny came along. I loved her after she left but her whole thing with George was just a big turnoff.

And props to Sara Ramierez for her breakdown after they loss the homeless guy. One of the few scenes I liked last night.
    Bet SR will be submitting this one for Emmy consideration.

As for Izzie and George, frankly I think that was another subpar biproduct of ABC's lousy February '07, which sent the entire rest of season three into a tailspin of mediocrity. (To put it quickly, their shows were underperforming, significantly in some cases--fact, and they needed a "guaranteed hit" so they went to the creator of their most popular show and had her create a spinoff--my conclusion based on part a, plus the fact that the spinoff was announced in the WSJ, meaning it was a move meant to make a statement to financial types and not fans, plus the abrupt change in direction of the writing and the sudden inaccuracy of many of the major spoilers which, to that point, seemed to be coming to fruition.)

Quote Originally Posted by FireStorm;3234655;
    Sorry, but Izzy is annoying, boring, and her storylines really are crap now. Katherine was right to complain and turn down the Emmy nod, and no wonder she wants to leave...
    If her storylines are crap now, she has no one to thank but herself. Rule number one in, well, life is that you don't bite the hand that feeds you. The writers got her the Emmy in the first place, and she turned around one season later and quite publicly ripped them. After that, why would they want to do her any favors? If not for the show, she wouldn't be anywhere remotely close to where she is now, and if she thinks her storylines were lacking last season, well, show me a character whose weren't in the strike-disrupted season.

She wants to leave because she's had some success and it's gotten to her head the wrong way. She's convinced that she can be a Star if she could devote her career to movies. But a couple middling movies won't make her the next Angelina Jolie and if she develops a reputation for ripping the people who put her in a position to succeed, then she deserves what she gets.

FORT Newbie

Sadie seem like the Faith of Grey Anatomy~~

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Realitychick;3234378;
    I don't even know where to begin with this episode. I love me some Denny... But I hated how Izzie treated him... It ruins the old relationship for me... But what I did notice was that he kept saying to her " I am here for you"... and then at the very end the sound of the clicking clock got louder and louder. It actually was still clicking when the scene faded to black. Wasn't there a rumor that Izzie was going to come down with a brain tumor or something back months ago? Maybe the reason why Denny is here with her now is because she has some fatal disease and he is " here for her" in the sense of taking her to "heaven" That is the only logical thing I can come up with since they made the clock ticking so darn lound.. Maybe that symobolizes her life ticking away? But if you watch the last scene with both of them in it and turn up the volume you will hear a clock ticking and it gets louder and louder. I think Denny is here for her in more then just a haunting way... I think something is going to happen to her.
    I have been thinking the same thing. Izzie is going to end up having a brain tumor or some really serious brain disease. That is the reason she is seeing and talking to Denny. I see her on her death bed eventually, and Denny being the one to pull her out of giving up and dying.

I'm not too sure how I feel about this storyline. I agree with so many of the posts that feel like this is a bad season for Izzy. Her appearance does seem less attractive, sexy, and fun. But....maybe this kind of storyline is what she needs to bring back her popularity with GA fans. Using Denny just makes it SO MUCH MORE FUN for us to watch. I just ADORE him!!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;3234807;
    If her storylines are crap now, she has no one to thank but herself. Rule number one in, well, life is that you don't bite the hand that feeds you. The writers got her the Emmy in the first place, and she turned around one season later and quite publicly ripped them. After that, why would they want to do her any favors? If not for the show, she wouldn't be anywhere remotely close to where she is now, and if she thinks her storylines were lacking last season, well, show me a character whose weren't in the strike-disrupted season.

She wants to leave because she's had some success and it's gotten to her head the wrong way. She's convinced that she can be a Star if she could devote her career to movies. But a couple middling movies won't make her the next Angelina Jolie and if she develops a reputation for ripping the people who put her in a position to succeed, then she deserves what she gets.
    Reminds me of the saying, "Never pass up an opportunity to keep your mouth shut."
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by shellygoose;3234833;
    I have been thinking the same thing. Izzie is going to end up having a brain tumor or some really serious brain disease. That is the reason she is seeing and talking to Denny. I see her on her death bed eventually, and Denny being the one to pull her out of giving up and dying.
    A few months ago when the rumors were flying that the Izzie character was going to be killed off this season, didn't Shonda publically say that Izzie wasn't going anywhere?

The theories posted here about Denny's sudden reappearance make sense, but if he's supposed to be there to help Izzie die, that would go against what Shonda said; on the other hand, if he's there to convince her it's not time for her to die yet, then that's just way too close to the Meredith almost drowning storyline to be anything more than an indication that the writers are running out of ideas for this show.
    Love lives forever <3

FORT Fanatic

Sara Ramirez rocked last night with her breakdown. I was also thinking Emmy.

I agree that the sweater burning would be a nice coda to the Denny storyline.

I don't like the direction of next week with
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Izzy and Denny .. so what Alex is now the crazy girl magnet... and the interns with the appendix removal. hoping it's all a dream.

Quote Originally Posted by alizarules;3234961;
    Sara Ramirez rocked last night with her breakdown. I was also thinking Emmy.
    I mentioned up thread a bit that I thought that was one of the best parts of that episode. I really thought she was great and I enjoyed Christina and Sloan protecting/comforting her. (I also enjoyed Christina realizing that the relationship with Hahn was not the same as what she shares with Mer.)

I am not much interested in Meridith's new "old best friend". Another example of fresh blood I could do with out.

Who is responsible for casting these days? If they are trying to find a likable replacement for the "possible" soon to be dead Izzy (which we are only speculating on because of the terrible show last week) then I hope they keep looking. I am with Christina on this one!

I do like this seasons new Meridith personality!
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

I kept thinking every time they showed the back of Denny's head that it would turn out to be Alex and Izzie was just... dreaming or something.

Loved the Christina/Sloan/Callie storyline. Everything else I could have done without.

+ Reply to Thread