+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree757Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Re: Grey's Anatomy

I think that Izzie is going to have a "come to Jesus" moment, and that's why Dennie is back. I think at the end, she'll have to choose between living and Dennie. Maybe that's her way of getting off the show (didn't I hear that she didn't want to be on the show any more?)

Quote Originally Posted by famita;3234457;
    I think that Izzie is going to have a "come to Jesus" moment, and that's why Dennie is back. I think at the end, she'll have to choose between living and Dennie. Maybe that's her way of getting off the show (didn't I hear that she didn't want to be on the show any more?)
    I heard that as well on one of those entertainment shows. Not sure if that is unfounded.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

Quote Originally Posted by famita;3234457;

I have heard the same thing, but it was like at the start of the season. But, it was also being said that she was in contract and she wasn't getting out of it. Guess we shall see!
    Play by the rules, you will miss all the fun!
    Toby Keith, Jacky Don Tucker

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Realitychick;3234378;
    I don't even know where to begin with this episode. I love me some Denny... But I hated how Izzie treated him... It ruins the old relationship for me... But what I did notice was that he kept saying to her " I am here for you"... and then at the very end the sound of the clicking clock got louder and louder. It actually was still clicking when the scene faded to black. Wasn't there a rumor that Izzie was going to come down with a brain tumor or something back months ago? Maybe the reason why Denny is here with her now is because she has some fatal disease and he is " here for her" in the sense of taking her to "heaven" That is the only logical thing I can come up with since they made the clock ticking so darn lound.. Maybe that symobolizes her life ticking away? But if you watch the last scene with both of them in it and turn up the volume you will hear a clock ticking and it gets louder and louder. I think Denny is here for her in more then just a haunting way... I think something is going to happen to her.
    Such an interesting theory!! WTG!! I love people who think "outside of the usual writing box"!! Let's hope that the writers prove to be as smart as you are!

OK, and this question is going to sound crazy, but I guess none of you have ever experienced re-encountering a lost loved one, even if it was in a dream? I truly believe that they are with you, even if you cannot see them like Izzy saw/touched Denny. I just didn't really think that the storyline was that far-fetched, or difficult to get your brain around.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 11-14-2008 at 12:53 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

My mother comes to me in dreams a lot. She's always trying to get me to see something or learn something. I believe Denny is there to take Izzy somewhere as well.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3234464;

OK, and this question is going to sound crazy, but I guess none of you have ever experienced re-encountering a lost loved one, even if it was in a dream? I truly believe that they are with you, even if you cannot see them like Izzy saw/touched Denny. I just didn't really think that the storyline was that far-fetched, or difficult to get your brain around.
    I haven't seen the episode, but I'm pretty sure I can already peg my answer anyway: I think it depends where you think the storyline is coming from. Without going too deep into a What is Shonda Thinking line of discussion, I think that Jeffrey Dean Morgan was part of season two's swell of popularity and as the show inevitably declines in ratings, she's looking back to some of the things that took her to the top anyway (i.e. Denny) without examining the causes of decline in the first place. As in, they loved Denny in season two, so they'll love him now. And when Denny keeps reappearing as he has post-Ferry boat crash, or recently, always in time for sweeps, it seems like more of a ploy to get the audiences to return than it does any sort of organic storyline.

I also didn't like the Izzie and Denny storyline in the first place, and I'm not the fan of JDM that Shonda is, so I'm also biased and none too excited to see him reappear.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;3234507;
    I haven't seen the episode, but I'm pretty sure I can already peg my answer anyway: I think it depends where you think the storyline is coming from. Without going too deep into a What is Shonda Thinking line of discussion, I think that Jeffrey Dean Morgan was part of season two's swell of popularity and as the show inevitably declines in ratings, she's looking back to some of the things that took her to the top anyway (i.e. Denny) without examining the causes of decline in the first place. As in, they loved Denny in season two, so they'll love him now. And when Denny keeps reappearing as he has post-Ferry boat crash, or recently, always in time for sweeps, it seems like more of a ploy to get the audiences to return than it does any sort of organic storyline.

I also didn't like the Izzie and Denny storyline in the first place, and I'm not the fan of JDM that Shonda is, so I'm also biased and none too excited to see him reappear.

I think that you're right about the "they loved Denny, so lets give them more Denny". To me, it shows they TOTALLY didn't understand why that was popular. Yes, Jeffery Dean Morgan is a hot and desirable man. But some of the other proejcts that he's done not being smash hits is proof that he alone is not enough to capture an audience. I was totally taken by the show in the Denny phase not because of a hot actor, but because it was outstanding story telling. Tell me a good story Shonda, and you can cast any actors you want!

I'm actually liking the Denny thing...it's unique. No other medical shows would do that. But...that being said...I don't want it to go on much longer.

I liked the autistic doctor. I knew she was autistic the minute she walked in...I'm surprised that all the doctors didn't
    Reality leaves a lot to the imagination. ~John Lennon

Write for HubPages.

FORT Fogey

Did neurosurgeon Derek have any interaction with the Aspergers doctor? If he did, and he didn't pick up on it, that he is perhaps the most inept neuro who ever held a job.

Was Baily surprised over the Asperger's or the fact that Dr Dixen was fully aware of her manipulation and condescension? Personally, I am Ok with seeing Dixen occasionally but hope to not see her as a regular. Her characterization is different then that of Jerry on Boston Legal ( whom I enjoy watching all the time). I did not feel that Dixen was nearly as qualified as a doctor then Jerry is as a lawyer. I would be happy to have Jerry represent me, but would not let Dixen operate on me.

If the reason Denny is back, is for them to get rid of Katherine Heigel (brain tumor or otherwise) - then his presence is comforting to me. But, I hope that she does not open her eyes and see Alex (having imagined Denny this whole time) because she is nutters.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

+ Reply to Thread