+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 725 FirstFirst ... 38394041424344454647484950515253545556575898148548 ... LastLast
Like Tree663Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by NYGal
    I would like to know what Burke sees in Christina. She is rude and has absolutely no social skills. I wonder if she really cares about him or is just sleeping with him to curry favors and further her career.
    Dude! Com'on! It's Christina, her attitude and her differences from Burke is what is attractive. On the outside they are nothing alike. But they're competitiveness is what brought them together in the first place and it's sooo incredibly cute in my opinion. Love that sparks up out of strong people with competitive attitudes is awesome. I know that they're going to last

Quote Originally Posted by dragonsilk
    Not true...I have Tivo with DirecTV. It looks at the guide it has of when the shows are on and recrods them that way. If the channel pushes the show back but Tivo still has the original time in it's schedule, it will not record the show when it is actually on. It has happened a few times when the channel rearranges shows but someone or soemthing doesn't update the Tivo schedule.
    Last comment on the topic... but I have never had TiVo miss an accurate taping of any show, even when they were delayed. I guess I must be a lucky oddity, and I'll sit here and enjoy it.

Sure you can say you would never settle for something like that but when you have been with and loved someone for 10 years or more, the reasons behind the act are a little more important than the physical act and it isn't so easy to throw away someone you have invested your life and soul to for that long.
    Well said.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

FORT Fogey
    I havent read through all these posts but am I the ONLY one that wants Derrek to stay with his wife? His wife has grown to be likeable and I still think its cheating when someone who is separated but not divorced sleeps with someone else so they both cheated on eachother regardless that she started it so he isnt the bigger person either. I find them cute together. I like Meredith but I think they can bring another guy on the show to be with her.

I didn't like the way the women pressured Derek to make a choice. An important decision like that shouldn't be rushed. He needed to be alone for awhile to think things through. He decided to give his marriage another try, but recoiled when his wife touched his hand. Clearly, he still has some issues to work through.

That's what an ingrained sense of duty and loyalty will do to a man.

.. other perception... I didn't think he necessarily recoiled I think he may have been a little taken aback by the intimate gesture.. like he was surprised and he had to get used to it again. I think Addison thinks they can pick up right where they left off.. I think Mrs. Dr. is in for a rude awakening
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

FORT Fogey
    will someone please give me a summary of the last episode? for some reason in the st. louis area, they showed repeats of grey's anatomy and desperate housewives

Quote Originally Posted by caramelbeauty81
    will someone please give me a summary of the last episode? for some reason in the st. louis area, they showed repeats of grey's anatomy and desperate housewives
    DH here was a repeat as well, but here is a summary as best as I can remember it from GA: A train crash sent several victims to the hospital. 2 victims where impaled together by a pole. The woman was engaged to be married. While other doctors tried to work on the other vics, Dr. McDreamy, George, and Bailey tried to work on the other 2. It was revealed that the only way they can remove the female vic is by pulling her backwards off the pole but that once they do, she will most likely die. Dr. McDreamy told Mer that he showed up at the bar (that part I missed) and when they were scrubbing in for the procedure, he told her that he was not ready for a divorce because "She's my wife." Before the procedure can even begin, the female vic goes into cardiac arrest. They remove her from the pole and begin working on her. Suddenly, the male vic (who the woman had never met before that day) crashes and all of the docs except Merideth rush over to his aide. They've already written off the female vic. Merideth is still doing compressions on her and begging them "We can't just give up on her. We have an obligation!" Bailey comes over, gets Mer to stop compressions and pronounces the vic. McDreamy talks to the fiancee and tells him that her last words to McDreamy were to tell the Fiance (Danny) that "If love were enough, I'd still be here." The end of the ep shows a very emotional McDreamy (In tears with red puffy eyes) in the elevator with Bailey. Bailey pulls the alarm and stands silently while McDreamy regains his composure.
    Not sure if there was anything else important that I missed but that was it.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    I think that pretty much covers it, Nilesgirl. The docs knew she would die...in fact either of them would die as soon as removed from the pole as it was somehow blocking the bleeding somewhat, but with the guy they knew that they had a chance to repair stuff and with her it was hopeless... went thru her spine, had shredded her aorta, etc. With him had missed a lot of crucial places. So they told her she would die and that's when she told Dr. McD. what to say to the fiance when he got there. So it made perfect sense that the docs deserted her to save the guy.
    Early in the show Meredith is in the bar waiting for McD. to give her his decision and the others are there as well agreeing that she's being pathetic. He doesn't come and she gets sloshed; then they are all called to the hospital and she is too drunk to work so is sort of wandering around in a daze trying to get sober and rehydrate. McD. arrives at the bar after everyone left. At the very end they are scrubbing and he tells her pretty abruptly that he's staying with his wife...previously they've just seen each other across chaotic hallways. Others said that when he left with his wife he flinched when she took his arm, but I didn't see that.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS
    Others said that when he left with his wife he flinched when she took his arm, but I didn't see that.
    I didn't see that either, but I remember thinking at the time - "I bet he has mixed feelings right now" so - perhaps we were meant to have the impression that he is torn or uncetain about his decision????

What just happened?? I missed it, I was watching McD look at Meredith and suddenly there was a fire in the OR.... what???? What happened?? If anyone is watching right now, would you explain, please? I must have turned away for a sec and missed it.

Thanks so much!

+ Reply to Thread