+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree710Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Re: Grey's Anatomy

I wish they would let Denny rest in peace. Yes, I love Jeffrey Dean Morgan, but they are the ones who made the choice to let him die, now they need to live with it. There is just no going back after you kill someone off, no matter how much you regret it. Making him haunt Izzie and her thinking she can touch him, kiss him, and have sex with him is not the way to go. I don't know what they are thinking with this storyline. This is going into daytime soap territory where people have evil twins, we find they actually aren't dead and crazy stuff like that. What I do know is that I have a lot of sympathy for Alex--two crazy girls in a row.

I still am not liking anymore than I did last week how they abruptly got rid of Hahn's character.

And what the heck is up with the interns doing stitches on each other? And then please tell me I am seeing the previews wrong and they aren't actually trying a real surgery on one of them and the victim is actually letting people practise on him!!! I do realize part of it is Christina is not teaching, but Bailey or the Chief needs to do their jobs and make her do her responsibilities to teach her interns.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3234255;
    This is what I mean.........especially disappointed with the Izzie being unstable. It does make me wonder if perhaps they are planning to get rid of her; if so, then why have Alex step in - he deserves better. We have already gone through Izzie being mentally unstable, I really don't want to go there again.

I am going to tell myself Shonda didn't right that (some guest writer must have done this) and next week will be better. (fingers crossed)

I did enjoy when Dr Dixen said she didn't like Seattle Grace as she left, I completely understand!
    Now, previews can be deceiving, but from what I saw there isn"t much hope for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3234255;

I am going to tell myself Shonda didn't right that (some guest writer must have done this) and next week will be better. (fingers crossed)
    I haven't seen the episode yet, but considering some of the episodes Shonda's written in the past, it wouldn't surprise me if she did (the ferry boat crash episodes, the backdoor pilot to Private Practice, the episode where Izzie tries to revive a deer... I don't think Shonda wrote a single decent episode in the calendar year 2007 at all, actually).

Ok, I just checked. It wasn't Shonda, it was Stacy McKee. But when I scrolled through wikipedia to see which others she'd written, I don't tend to like her episodes very much either. Such a mixed bag in that writers room.

FORT Fogey

The only word I had to say at the end of this episode was "no". No to the whole Denny thing, no to the whole cutting thing, and a BIG NO to the preivews for next week. Come on now writers -- it was stupid!!!!!

With Denny, I was actually starting to forgive them for the storyline. When Izzy told him goodbye, and had Alex burn the sweater, I thought "Okay, it gave her a way to connect with the patient, it's over, I can live with that". But when they set the scene up for her hand to go through him, and it didn't, any forgiveness I was going to give went out the window.

The interns and their practice obsession? The only way I'm going to forgive that is if the writers are using that as an explanation for wiping out ALL the interns so we don't have them to focus on anymore. If Lexie wants to become a pharmacy tech so she can still be on the show, that would be okay. Otherwise, if they're not all gone, I'm not happy with anything about that storyline. It's gone too far.

The show did have a few saving graces which is why I'll tune in again. Christina griping to Derek about being kicked out of Meredith's bed, and his "Welcome to my world" was priceless. The friendship between Callie and Sloan, especially in the scene with Christina where she realzied Callie and Hahn had been more than friends was great. And last but not least, the keep little sloan out of little grey was one of the best lines ever delivered on Grey's Anatomy!

I don't even know where to begin with this episode. I love me some Denny... But I hated how Izzie treated him... It ruins the old relationship for me... But what I did notice was that he kept saying to her " I am here for you"... and then at the very end the sound of the clicking clock got louder and louder. It actually was still clicking when the scene faded to black. Wasn't there a rumor that Izzie was going to come down with a brain tumor or something back months ago? Maybe the reason why Denny is here with her now is because she has some fatal disease and he is " here for her" in the sense of taking her to "heaven" That is the only logical thing I can come up with since they made the clock ticking so darn lound.. Maybe that symobolizes her life ticking away? But if you watch the last scene with both of them in it and turn up the volume you will hear a clock ticking and it gets louder and louder. I think Denny is here for her in more then just a haunting way... I think something is going to happen to her.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Realitychick;3234378;
    I don't even know where to begin with this episode. I love me some Denny... But I hated how Izzie treated him... It ruins the old relationship for me... But what I did notice was that he kept saying to her " I am here for you"... and then at the very end the sound of the clicking clock got louder and louder. It actually was still clicking when the scene faded to black. Wasn't there a rumor that Izzie was going to come down with a brain tumor or something back months ago? Maybe the reason why Denny is here with her now is because she has some fatal disease and he is " here for her" in the sense of taking her to "heaven" That is the only logical thing I can come up with since they made the clock ticking so darn lound.. Maybe that symobolizes her life ticking away? But if you watch the last scene with both of them in it and turn up the volume you will hear a clock ticking and it gets louder and louder. I think Denny is here for her in more then just a haunting way... I think something is going to happen to her.

Ooh, good thinking! If THAT is the trail they're going down, I could get behind it. Not only would it rid the show of Izzy, but the development in Alex, to see how he'd deal with losing another woman he fell for would be very very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Realitychick;3234378;
    Realitychick, I didn't hear the clock ticking, but when Denny kept saying, "I am here for you." my thoughts were, "Oh crap, Denny is there because Izzie is fixing to die."
    Play by the rules, you will miss all the fun!
    Toby Keith, Jacky Don Tucker

I cannot even begin to imagine interns actually doing a surgery on one of their own for practice. No way would that ever really happen! Arghh.... it looks as though Little Grey is going to have complications during the surgery she is performing on another intern and Merideth is going to have to save her from killing the guy.
    Yup, with donuts!!

I hate to say it, but IMO Grey's has jumped the shark on so many levels that it's really very sad.
    Love lives forever <3

Quote Originally Posted by Melitta;3234434;
    Realitychick, I didn't hear the clock ticking, but when Denny kept saying, "I am here for you." my thoughts were, "Oh crap, Denny is there because Izzie is fixing to die."
    Yeah I am thinking something is going to happen with her. I caught the clock ticking right when he said I am here for you for like the sixth time in the last scene. The when it faded to black and it said Grey's Anatomy the clock ticking gets louder and continues until commercial. That has to have some signifigance.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

+ Reply to Thread