+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree545Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Re: Grey's Anatomy

I think that's pretty much the norm in a lot of businesses, not just medicine. When a college student helps his/her professor write a paper and it gets published, the student rarely gets any credit. If an attorney writes a paper--that was reserached by paralegals and summer associates--they don't get much credit, right? I don't think most renowned surgeons would give credit to their 2nd year residents. It kind of reminded me of the episode last season when Burke was featured on a magazine and he didn't credit Cristina at all with helping him through his hand crisis. The colleagues (other doctors/lawyers etc.) KNOW that there were other people involved in the research, but that without the lead person (in this case Shepherd), it wouldn't have happened. Meredith wouldn't have had the clout to start the project with Shepherd agreeing to oversee it.

I do not like the whole Haun/Torres thing going on. It seems so forced and completely unreal. Not good acting on either of their parts.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

That Hahn/Mark/Torres thing was gross. That is just too much swaping going on for me! Everybody saying, "Take off your pants!"??? Eeeewwwwwww!!!

I understand that everything is not for everybody, and this was not for me. Who the heck really knows where anybody's "hoo-haa", whatever that may mean to you, has been??? Good grief.........
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Agreed Shay. I don't like the storyline mostly because it just doesn't seem real in any way. It's wayyyyy too soap opery for me.
    Yup, with donuts!!

FORT Fan

I agree with the last few posts, the Callie/Hahn story is ridiculous. When Callie turned down Hahn I was relieved and thought this storyline was finally coming to an end but then it turned out Callie turned Hahn down b/c she wasn't 'good' at being 'south of the border' and didn't like to fail at anything and then went to Mark for 'instruction'. Ugh! Gross! The writers took at least one interesting character, Callie, and made her uninteresting. BTW, not to get on a soapbox but my gay friends have said being gay is not a choice that they were born that way that they were always attracted to the same sex, this storyline can be insulting to gay people who fight everyday for rights to marry, adopt, live a normal life. This storyline gives credence to the 'it's a choice' argument.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

On the other hand there are a lot of women who only later in life are open to the other option...maybe they are bi, maybe they were just blinded by society's rules earlier, who knows, but it isn't uncommon for women to marry men, have kids, and only later, often when they fall in love with a specific someone who happens to be female, develop an interest in women, or at least in that one woman. At least that seems to be true for older women--people who are Gen X and younger I think have been more exposed to the options, and probably made choices less influenced by what their parents assumed would happen.
    I think it isn't clear that homosexuality works the same for men and women, or even has the same causes--or that it works the same for everyone of the same sex. There seem to be more women who are bi for example, than men.
    On the other hand it is true that if you ask people, who was your first childhood "crush," the earliest one or two you can remember, that it is pretty consistent with adult preferences (and for bi people tends to go back and forth).
    That said, I'm way behind on looking at my GA tapes, so I have no idea how this is actually being played out. The whole idea of Callie asking Mark for advice is, on just reading it, beyond icky. You're an educated woman, Callie, buy a book! There are tons out there! Would you be asking Mark for advice on how to please a man? You're a woman, you know what has pleased you, south of the border! Apply the lessons! Yeesh.
    Last edited by PWS; 10-26-2008 at 06:45 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by angelwings;3223445;
    I agree with the last few posts, the Callie/Hahn story is ridiculous. When Callie turned down Hahn I was relieved and thought this storyline was finally coming to an end but then it turned out Callie turned Hahn down b/c she wasn't 'good' at being 'south of the border' and didn't like to fail at anything and then went to Mark for 'instruction'. Ugh! Gross! The writers took at least one interesting character, Callie, and made her uninteresting. BTW, not to get on a soapbox but my gay friends have said being gay is not a choice that they were born that way that they were always attracted to the same sex, this storyline can be insulting to gay people who fight everyday for rights to marry, adopt, live a normal life. This storyline gives credence to the 'it's a choice' argument.
    I disagree with that, only because there are also many bi-sexual people who are natually attracted to some people of either gender. Sexuality is not a one size fits all proposition. I don't think that Grey's is presenting Callie and Hahn as the picture of all gay people. I also quite honestly don't think they're presenting them as choosing to be atttracted to each other. Last season, we saw each of them somewhat fight the feelings that they had for each other. To me, that showed that attraction is something that happens in life, rather than being chosen.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

I think the issue might be that their wasn't even a hint of Callie being someone who dips into the population. They just started going there with Hahn's attraction for her and Callie catching on and following.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;3223471;
    I think the issue might be that their wasn't even a hint of Callie being someone who dips into the population. They just started going there with Hahn's attraction for her and Callie catching on and following.
    I was of the same thinking when I posted earlier. Last season I didn't see an attraction between the two, Hahn had a crush on Callie but Callie really didn't take an interest in Hahn that way, it was more like 'what the hell, I'll give it try'. I find it uncomfortable watching them, I'd go along with the story line if they seemed into each other, I don't see it.

FORT Fogey

I didn't see it that way last season. There was some underlying hint of attraction between the two, although neither was quite sure what it was, because it was so unexpected. In the episode where Addison visited and pointed it out to them, I saw Callie as discovering exactly what it was she'd been feeling.

+ Reply to Thread