+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 725 FirstFirst ... 37383940414243444546474849505152535455565797147547 ... LastLast
Like Tree665Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay
    Marleybone, I'm not picking at you or anyone else. I'm just amazed at how many people prefer to dwell in the land of "should have" and "could have" rather than dealing with what is. I think a sure sign of maturity is taking personal responsibility for what situations you may get yourself into. You can't trust anybody to look out for you as well as you can. Everybody has to make their own decisions. McWishyWashy made his (not to disclose); Meredith made hers (not to ask); there was unnecessary pain all around.
    If they had - it wouldn't have made the show this "watchable".

David..... you need to set Tivo to record the show title, not the time period. If you set it to record the show it will record it in its entirety whenever it airs.

Broadway - My Tivo doesn't work like this. If I record a show by title, my Tivo will only record it when it is 'supposed' to be on. I always get a miss-recording of Cold Case on CBS b/c their Sunday football games usually run long.

When Meredith was waiting for Dr. Shepherd in the bar, Christina called her pitiful and pathetic. Plus, she bet someone fifty bucks that he would choose his wife. With a friend like that, Meredith won't need enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Woot!
    David..... you need to set Tivo to record the show title, not the time period. If you set it to record the show it will record it in its entirety whenever it airs.

Broadway - My Tivo doesn't work like this. If I record a show by title, my Tivo will only record it when it is 'supposed' to be on. I always get a miss-recording of Cold Case on CBS b/c their Sunday football games usually run long.
    Really??? How odd. Do you have TiVo, or a DVR? Or... is mine different because it's in combo with DirecTv?

You could also try to put it on your Season Pass Manager. For those items that I put in that way... it'll record them whenever they air... however many times they air during the week and whereever they appear.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Woot!

I have GA set on a Season Pass..unfortunately Tivo is unable to update itself when events like the Emmy's or football games go over the "scheduled" timeslot. Thats what happened. The NFL game ran long and dominoed the remaining nights programming 20 minutes out of sync. As far as Tivo was concerned GA ran in its post game slot...and recorded it as such. Maybe if I had forced and update..it may have caught the time shift..but either way..I missed the last half..and wife.com is disappointed!

wife.com

Sorry but I think the way events have unfolded are completely logical.
    One night stand turns into 'OMG we work together'
    Derek is closed mouthed - he left his home, his wife the city that he loved to get away from what his wife did, he was having trouble processing it himself, why would he share with another person?
    Derek was selective in his disclosure of his personal life - he ommited his wife (who he was seperated from geographically and emotionally) because he didn't know what to say. This does not turn Meredith into 'the other woman' People, real people, do this all the time. Leave their spouses without a formal agreement and meet someone else.
    Meredith freaked out - she was in the wrong. Until she got an explaination and had time to weigh the facts she should have kept her mouth shut.
    As Derek said Addison was his family - you don't permanently sever ties without really thinking things through, enough time had passed between the 'incident' and now for him to get a clear picture.
    Derek only chose Addison out of a sense of loyalty. After all they have meant to each other didn't she deserve a second chance? (no IMO) So he'll give her her second chance, he'll see it just won't work, he will be free and single in 2 episodes .. but this time because he made a decision with his head and not the rage in his heart.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I agree with Duxxy! Awesome analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by NYGal
    When Meredith was waiting for Dr. Shepherd in the bar, Christina called her pitiful and pathetic. Plus, she bet someone fifty bucks that he would choose his wife. With a friend like that, Meredith won't need enemies.
    but she chose Meredith as her "person". lots of friends say what they think and are straight up with you even if they don't want to hear it.

yep I don't see Christina as Meredith's 'friends like that' Christina is a realist, and she also lacks social graces. She meant no harm to Meredith but the facts were pretty clear. also I think Christina has a pretty low opinion of human behaviour to begin with
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

FORT Newbie
    Not true...I have Tivo with DirecTV. It looks at the guide it has of when the shows are on and recrods them that way. If the channel pushes the show back but Tivo still has the original time in it's schedule, it will not record the show when it is actually on. It has happened a few times when the channel rearranges shows but someone or soemthing doesn't update the Tivo schedule.

As for the show, I shed a few tears as well over the pole storyline. Can you imagine knwoing that you are going to die? Amazing.

I think everyone is being a little hard on McD here. I am of the group that thinks he truly felt his relationship was over. Or that he was just so hurt that he was hiding from it. Maybe M was just a bandage in the beginning but I think he really started to have feelings for her. He was alittle boy hiding from the mean things. Then they arrived back in his life and he had to actually confront all the feelings he had stashed deep down.

Sure at first he would have wanted to just thrust it all away and keep the solace he had found with M. But then with the events unfolding around him, he came to realize the depth of his feelings and that he had to take a chance on his longer relationship.

Sure you can say you would never settle for something like that but when you have been with and loved someone for 10 years or more, the reasons behind the act are a little more important than the physical act and it isn't so easy to throw away someone you have invested your life and soul to for that long.

LOVED Bailey...I think she is an awsome combination of toughness and caring. She definately deserves some type of reward recognition for her performances. I also think they should have an award for best overall guest performances because this show and Ghost Whisperer are having some amazing guest performances!!

+ Reply to Thread