+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree679Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Re: Grey's Anatomy

Was that an Amy Winehouse song at the end??

The way they wrapped every relationship storyline up (albeit not in a neat package) gave this episode more of a series finale instead of a season finale. I know there are all kinds of issues, but they were somewhat happy-feely issues and not "OMG, what is going to happen next????" season finale cliffhanger moments. But I kind of like it this way.

Alex and Izzy need to be together. I like this pairing much, much better.

George and Lexie... I approve.

And how cute was it seeing LJ kissing Jordin Sparks? (Jeremy and the girl that survived... )
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

In the "supposed" warm south where it's been cold for weeks.

Aww! For the second straight night (Cook winning AI) I yelled at the tv in a happy manner!!! I really liked the season finale, but wondered where the cliffhanger was. I am so glad that Shonda was true to her word and got them back together. I was a little scared that something was going to happen and Rose was going to be there for just a second, but I knew better. ITA w/ya'll about liking George and Lexie and Izzy and Alex. I am disappointed that they took it there w/Hahn and Callie. I was so glad to see the Chief reunited w/his wife and Bailey trying to make her family work. Looking forward to September!

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3017629;
    Was that an Amy Winehouse song at the end??

The way they wrapped every relationship storyline up (albeit not in a neat package) gave this episode more of a series finale instead of a season finale. I know there are all kinds of issues, but they were somewhat happy-feely issues and not "OMG, what is going to happen next????" season finale cliffhanger moments. But I kind of like it this way.

George and Lexie... I approve.

And how cute was it seeing LJ kissing Jordin Sparks? (Jeremy and the girl that survived... )
    That wasn't Jordin Sparks. Her name is Jurnee Smollett, she used to play on Full House as one of Michelle's school friend and she also played on the last show Bill Cosby had, she also was in the movies, The Great Debaters with Denzel and Eve's Bayou with Samuel L Jackson.

rcurrytoo Broadway was making a comparison. I could not place LJ it's been so long since I've seen him (I'm saving Prision Break season 2 for summer viewing)
    I loved the whole show. Callie talking to the young girl, telling her how much she would hate herself later if she didn't do the right thing now. Meredith and the shrink. Alex and Izzie, not Alex and Rebecca!
    Contrary to what Shonda thought not one of the kisses was a surprise. I think Mark will be holding on to the memory of Callie and Erika kissing for a long time
    I think 'best kiss' has to go to the Chief and his wife.
    Bailey's monologue in the clinic about making choices and not being able to have it all so she could have it all made me blubber. I don't know any working mom that hasn't felt like that at one time or another.
    I loved the episode.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;3017696;
    rcurrytoo Broadway was making a comparison. I could not place LJ it's been so long since I've seen him (I'm saving Prision Break season 2 for summer viewing)
    I loved the whole show. Callie talking to the young girl, telling her how much she would hate herself later if she didn't do the right thing now. Meredith and the shrink. Alex and Izzie, not Alex and Rebecca!
    Contrary to what Shonda thought not one of the kisses was a surprise. I think Mark will be holding on to the memory of Callie and Erika kissing for a long time
    I think 'best kiss' has to go to the Chief and his wife.
    Bailey's monologue in the clinic about making choices and not being able to have it all so she could have it all made me blubber. I don't know any working mom that hasn't felt like that at one time or another.
    I loved the episode.
    Sorry, My bad.

SUCH a great episode tonight. I'm so glad that Meredith and Derek are back together and that characters of Izzie and George have both redeemed themselves (they had both gone way downhill during the first part of this season, but now I'm back to liking them again). I really hope George and Lexie don't become a couple; Shonda already tried that with George and Izzie and it didn't work. So can't we just keep it a friendship with George and Lexie? And I'm also glad we found out a bit more about Alex's back story, as he's always been such a mystery.

Wow, I really can't believe another season of Grey's is over.
    "Giselle annoys me the most out of everyone in the house, but I'm not willing to alienate her because she's the only one in Tokyo with a straightening iron." -Elyse (ANTM C1)

Support the National Eating Disorders Association http://nationaleatingdisorders.org

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    Thank you! So glad someone agrees with me. I've been waiting for it for 2 seasons now! Tonight was just heart-wrenching with Alex crying in Izzie's arms. The softer more sensitive side to Alex. The only other time I saw that was when he picked Izzie up off of a dead Denny's bed and held her while she cried.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman;3017611;
    ok that "wait for me" scares me
    Me too, I was totally expecting some sort of accident or something as the cliffhanger after hearing him say that. So I'm a little worried - what's going to happen between the time he leaves Meredith and starts to return? It was a nice happy way to end the season but I see so many ways to have Meredith's trust issues come roaring back in the season opener. How long will she stand there waiting? What will delay his return and make her think he's done it again - chosen the other woman?

This was an excellent episode and went by far too fast. So many good moments. Cement boy, Chief shutting up Hahn (about time someone stepped in to help Christina), allll the kisses, the brain tumour kids (so sweet & heartbreaking!), Lexie's photographic memory, George's 2nd chance, and poor Alex. Just makes me wanna hug him. Not sure about the Lexie/George kiss though, it's obvious George thinks of her as a friend/sister and she's developing a crush but after Gizzie it seems kinda repetitive - every woman George has a close relationship with he sleeps with?

It also seems kinda weird how little there was of Izzie, she was there mostly as backup for Alex's storyline and has been for a few episodes. Is this foreshadowing (are the leaving rumours true?) or just a lull before they hit us with a good Izzie storyline?

How long till September?

I don't watch this show but need to know, what was up with that guy in the previews? He looked like a big ball of paper mache.
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

babymay - he layed in wet, quick-drying cement on a construction site and it hardened around him.

I thought this week was an excellent episode. I love how Christina got props from the chief but then actually took the advice he gave to Hahn to heart and helped Lexi learn the whipstitch on the banana. Very Christine. I love when she had the sparkle pager.

My heart broke for Alex when he was pleading with Izzie. He was so broken. I'm glad Izzie has something of her own now (the clinic).

Miranda is awesome. When she was first looking at the kid when he mentioned Hans Solo it was like she had no idea what he was talking about. Then she went into the whole diatrabe and I was hysterical. Very "Miranda-esque". loved it.

Lexie and George are good together - you could see her touching her lips after he kissed her - he doesn't know how much she does like him. Her photographic memory scene was funny.

I might be in the minority, but I'm so glad Derek & Meredith rekindled. I thought it was great that he wanted to go talk to Rose before he did anything further with Meredith. I loved her candles forming the house.

I'm not thrilled with the Hahn/Torres storyline because it doesn't seem genuine and if they are going to have a lesbian storyline, I'd rather it be real and not based on lust.

Broadway - I called her Jordin Sparks to my husband too - she definitely reminded me of her!! I loved that storyline. I love that she actually did have the will to live after the boy died even though her parents didn't think she would.

The girl with the boy in the cement needed a good smack.

Excellent show and it keeps me wanting more - can't wait for September!!!

+ Reply to Thread