+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree665Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Grey's Anatomy

Is there a writer who has returned to the show? Who can we "blame" for this sudden improvement? We all agree, this is much, much better, and more the old GA we loved.

Shonda is the producer, writer, creator and always has been. I think she listened to the complaints of the viewers and went back to writing the way the first season was written. I know she took a lot of heat over the whole george/izzy pairing.
    Tahoe bound....

The writer to thank would be Debora Cahn, she wrote the episode "Losing My Mind" this past week. I remember when she wrote a episode of West Wing after it had begun to suck. I think it was the episode where Barlett had to pick Justices for the Supreme Court and it reminded me why I loved the series in the first place. She truly has a gift for understanding the characters and balencing a episode with goodness.

But yes, Shonda did hear the fans and is turning the show back towards the show most of us fell in love with. Debra Cahn really rocks tho!
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

I also like that the Chief is having an affair with his wife and that he has to ask George about the smilies. That was awesome

LG.

Ever since the writers strike ended and it was decided that Greys would come back for the rest of the season but Private Practice wouldn't come back until the fall, Shonda was freed up to devote her creative energy just on Greys, and I think that helped.

I loved George this episode, and wonder how many seasons it will be until another "year" has gone by and he can take the exam again. His first year as an interin took two seasons. This show moves almost as slowly chronicalogically as Lost, which is still in 2004. Let's do the time warp again.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Quote Originally Posted by LG.;3007005;
    I loved George this episode, and wonder how many seasons it will be until another "year" has gone by and he can take the exam again. His first year as an interin took two seasons. This show moves almost as slowly chronicalogically as Lost, which is still in 2004. Let's do the time warp again.
    Actually his first year as an intern lasted for three seasons, because we're on season 4 right now. Time moves very slowly on this show.
    "Giselle annoys me the most out of everyone in the house, but I'm not willing to alienate her because she's the only one in Tokyo with a straightening iron." -Elyse (ANTM C1)

Support the National Eating Disorders Association http://nationaleatingdisorders.org

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

I guess I don't really blame Derek for sleeping with Rose and thinking about Meredith. I don't think that was his intention when he slept with Rose, but I do know that the heart wants what the heart wants. I also think Rose slept with Derek not because she really wanted to or loved him, but because she hoped that would keep him. Sex alone can never make a guy stay!

That said, that little speech he gave Rose--about keeping things fun and uncomplicated...Warning! Warning! Rose should've run at that point, instead of taking his hand and walking away with him...

Rose clearly has more on her mind for him. Her eyes gave away how she feels about him. I'm sensing a stalking situation if he continues to lead her on.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;3007993;
    I guess I don't really blame Derek for sleeping with Rose and thinking about Meredith. I don't think that was his intention when he slept with Rose, but I do know that the heart wants what the heart wants. I also think Rose slept with Derek not because she really wanted to or loved him, but because she hoped that would keep him. Sex alone can never make a guy stay!

That said, that little speech he gave Rose--about keeping things fun and uncomplicated...Warning! Warning! Rose should've run at that point, instead of taking his hand and walking away with him...
    Well, I don't really blame him either. You can't expect someone to jump from one relationship to the other, especially one as intense as his and Meredith's was and then expect him to forget all about the previous one. That takes time. I am still not sure about him and Rose together. He is just on the rebound and I do agree she slept with him to keep him, because I think even she senses that there still is some residual feelings there. But she will be disappointed if she thinks that is all it takes.

I agree, Rose slept with him to drag him further into the 'relationship'. Derek's 'lets have fun' was cringe worthy. Hello?? Rose?? RUN! But, you never know, maybe she's not looking for anything with room to grow and mature either.

I was snooping around Youtube last night and there are some pretty good fan video compliations out there of the music from Grey's. My fave is "Chasing Cars" by Snow Patrol.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

+ Reply to Thread